• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sunday and Oha Suta Discussion Thread

Re: Pokemon Sunday Discussion Thread

As far as I remember, Nintendo never shows Pokémon main series games on the E3, so I highly doubt they'll show anything at all in regards to Pokémon Black and White.

There's always a first.

The only times I've seen Pokemon mentioned in E3 at all had to do with upcoming English releases. I think we got the first word they were doing English versions of the first MD there. There may have been other spinoffs that got the English version announcement, but I don't recall a single time that a main series Pokemon game was announced because we usually already have the latest English version by the time it happens. There may be other games that have JP info said there, but it is mostly for the American releases, probably because there is a close to international release. B/W? NOT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN.

Okay, fine.

Here's a question. If the pokemon have these animated sprites, what does that say about the trainers?

I really like these moving sprites
must be a lot of work for the sprite designer

I'm looking forward for the games.
If I only had a time machine *sigh*

Here's a question. If the pokemon have these animated sprites, what does that say about the trainers?

Interesting point. But, the trainers don't appear much so they'll only probably move for a few seconds or keep their regular back sprites.

Interesting point. But, the trainers don't appear much so they'll only probably move for a few seconds or keep their regular back sprites.

Yeah, but maybe that means that now every trainer class will be animated instead of just the Gym Leaders, E4, Frotnier Brains and Team Admins.

It would be nice to see your foes being animated.

I wonder what would that mean for the protagonists though. Well, their psuedo rivals (if you do battle them) and wifi battles (they still always look like you or the opposite gender protagonist, don't they?).

I like pokemon sunday, but sometimes they are a bit...well...over dramatic with the info they give...

I like pokemon sunday, but sometimes they are a bit...well...over dramatic with the info they give...

Which just proves your location true.

It's Japan. It's what they do.

Which just proves your location true.

It's Japan. It's what they do.

This is also a show intended for children. There's a certain level of excited-ness that goes hand-in-hand with shows aimed at kids in the first place.

I still think that salute thing is overkill.

Week 1: In two weeks we will reveal a new Pokemon
Week 2: Next week we will reveal a new Pokemon
Week 3: *Pokemon Sunday shows a question mark*
Week 4: *Pokemon Sunday shows a silhouette*
Week 5: *Pokemon Sunday forget they had to reveal the Pokemon*
Week 6: *Pokemon Sunday reveals the new Pokemon*

So then, one has to wonder what would "cut it" in your opinion.

Yeah, this is as good as it's ever been. The whole reason I peddled for 3D Pokemon this Gen was so they would have animations and I didn't think they'd take that much effort with sprites, but they did. Even in Pokemon Battle Revolution Pokemon have their "I'm not doing anything so I'll just sway around" pose, their "BLAAARGH ATTACK" pose and their "OUCH THAT HURT DAMN IT" pose. Gen V has managed to do this with sprites. Unless you want them to each slightly change their facial expressions as every thought comes to mind with a new "Pokemon have other things on their mind like humans" system, this is about as good as we could ask for.

I would actually like a decent game, if that means we get repetitious animations then I'm fine. It really isn't necessary on spending a week or so one one Pokemon sprite, trying to come up with all the weird poses the Pokemon could up.

What we have in B/W is perfect right now. Anything more is expecting too much at this point.

So then, one has to wonder what would "cut it" in your opinion.

That's what I've been wondering, too. This change brings Pokémon up to speed with every other RPG on the planet - the movements aren't gonna get more realistic without a ton more programming that ultimately won't make the game look or feel that much better.

The new battle gamescreen changes is one of the biggest changes since Gen 1. I'm exited. I expect they might add some new things that we haven't thought of yet... But dont expect to much

Back
Top Bottom