• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sunday shows new Black and White footage: Starters neither confirmed nor deni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Sunday shows new Black and White footage: Starters neither confirmed nor

BACK ON TOPIC please...

This PokeSun episode didn't really reveal anything we didn't already know...:-(

ONE new Pokemon we haven't seen would've been nice...AND FFS WOULD YOU F**KING REVEAL THE FINAL STARTER'S EVOS ALREADY???!?!?!!! Are the "leaked" ones real or not?!

Re: Pokémon Sunday shows new Black and White footage: Starters neither confirmed nor

at least the version mascots are. also what official source?

well its not an exact copy of new york but i can definitely see it. i mean the city, the bridge east of said city, the park like place up north
plus there was that interview published that pretty much confirmed it was NYC. just check bulbanews.

Wow. Hiun City is definetly New York based, it has been confirmed, as well as Isshu. I think. And I just want the games to be released so people on here can be stupid about other things. Stupid starters being fake or not.

Did anybody hear N's battle music? Very tense-sounding.

Does it REALLY matter whether or not the starters are what they are? I'm pretty sure the designs have been locked and put through all the alpha-beta-release stages, after all it's only 5 days until the official Japan release. If the starters are confirmed today, people will whine and praise earlier and if later, than people will do that later. There's no difference really.

I for one really liked PokeSunday, it showed some neat stuff, even though nothing new was shown nor confirmed. The playthrough showed how the game played out in real-time, way better than just the short clips and screenshots we've been getting since the announcement. As for the Pokemon, I think all of them look great (especially since seeing the CoroCoro Sugimori art). Since this is my first time beholding the release of a new version (fan since G/S/C generation, btw) I'm not all that critical about what the new Pokemon look like. Also, the game mechanics are great, looks like some smooth new features are being put in (Dream World = AWESOME IDEA) and the graphics are a big improvement for a Pokemon game (they still retain the Pokemon feel, which I like). GameFreak has done a wonderful job with this game, kudos to them :).

In other related news, I will probably have to lock all internet access until the wait for US release is over. Probably won't happen (impossible, really), but I want to experience that new Pokemon feeling when I first played Gold. It's almost too late now, though, because I've seen nearly half of all the new Pokes... D:

Does it REALLY matter whether or not the starters are what they are? I'm pretty sure the designs have been locked and put through all the alpha-beta-release stages, after all it's only 5 days until the official Japan release. If the starters are confirmed today, people will whine and praise earlier and if later, than people will do that later. There's no difference really.

Well it's not like people think their bitching is going to change the designs of the starters. They're just bitching because they don't like them.

There's evidence linked in the previous Bulbanews article that one (not all) of the scans may be fake. See here. We're being cautious by waiting for official confirmation, although it does look likely.
It's being foolish and it's causing us other webmasters hassle

It comes from the main part of the magazine rather than the supplementary part that the rest was in. These pages had to be ripped out to be scanned due to the size of the magazine (600 pages). You can see on the top right that there are tear marks. All that has happened is that the pages were put back to front on the scanner

Chaobuu is later shown in both the scan with Aloe in and the Zorua/Zoroark scans. You cannot deny it. Let it go.

It comes from the main part of the magazine rather than the supplementary part that the rest was in. These pages had to be ripped out to be scanned due to the size of the magazine (600 pages). You can see on the top right that there are tear marks. All that has happened is that the pages were put back to front on the scanner

Chaobuu is later shown in both the scan with Aloe in and the Zorua/Zoroark scans. You cannot deny it. Let it go.

Now I finally see the tear marks /D

Thank you.

See, whoever put these two scans together really screwed everyone over, assuming these are real (I believe they are, but of course, neither side cannot be proven true for 3 days)

But also, the link in that article to why they're fake, especially considering some of what was discussed in the other thread, really isn't sufficient enough. And though hard to see, I do see the tearmarks you're talking about, so it's not impossible that they were scanned wrong.

I'm not gonna go into the nose thing though. Too much.

Bulbanews aspires to be a news service. It's perfectly reasonable for a news service to require a higher standard of proof before going ahead and publishing something big, especially something like this, whose authenticity has been the subject of much debate.

Fan sites can do what they like.

I think it's actually nice to see a degree of caution here, given that for most sites it's a matter of "get the information out as quick as possible, we'll check it later", because the fact that you published it three minutes ahead of your rival is important somehow. It's all a load of posturing bollocks, and the fandom would be infinitely better off without it.

Yeah but I do check things and this is more of a sticking fingers in ears and saying "LALALALALALALALALALA" repeatedly. The fact is the scans are real. Pokemon Sunday showed as such

Hypothetically, even if that starter scan was fake (which it isn't), then the starters are still proven due to Chaobuu being in various other parts of the scans

And the evidence of it being fake is bull cause someone badly photoshopped em together. If you go to PxP you can clearly see both pages are meant to be apart.

Hypothetically, even if that starter scan was fake (which it isn't), then the starters are still proven due to Chaobuu being in various other parts of the scans

I agree that they're most likely legit. What I don't understand is why you have a problem with BN not confirming them yet? Isn't this good for you? Doesn't it mean you get to show off about how you got the news so much sooner than BN did? Given how that's always seemed to be your priority in the past, I can't understand why you're not skipping around with joy at the moment.

And the evidence of it being fake is bull cause someone badly photoshopped em together. If you go to PxP you can clearly see both pages are meant to be apart.
The scan contained both of them from the get-go. They were just placed the wrongway round

I agree that they're most likely legit. What I don't understand is why you have a problem with BN not confirming them yet? Isn't this good for you? Doesn't it mean you get to show off about how you got the news so much sooner than BN did? Given how that's always seemed to be your priority in the past, I can't understand why you're not skipping around with joy at the moment.

No, it isn't good for me as having to respond to e-mails with that damn PNG is getting annoying. My priority isn't speed, it's quality

You (whoever) do realize that if the starter page is fake that puts all the other pages as fake,

But since Desukaan, Ononokuse and Denchura were confirmed, that makes the Starter page real.

If you refuse to believe that, then answer me this.

How can a faker, fake the page so quickly and with the correct level of Japanese? Surely if it was faked the Japanese on the page would be off.

If it was faked, the faker had to be either a Coro-Coro employee, or a psychic (knowing what the coro-coro pages revealed).

It is impossible for the starter page to be faked when three Pokemon of the coro-coro scans have been confirmed.

You (whoever) do realize that if the starter page is fake that puts all the other pages as fake,

But since Desukaan, Ononokuse and Denchura were confirmed, that makes the Starter page real.

How can a faker, fake the page so quickly and with the correct level of Japanese? Surely if it was faked the Japanese on the page would be off.

If it was faked, the faker had to be either a Coro-Coro employee, or a psychic (knowing what the coro-coro pages revealed).

It is impossible for the starter page to be faked when three Pokemon of the coro-coro scans have been confirmed.

Cause there's no logic to this?

People are just desperate to find SOMETHING to justify that the starter evos they don't like aren't real.

With all this crap going on, I just wish Archaic, WPM or Joe would receive a copy of the game in hand just to be able to play it and confirm or deny themselves.

well your kind of assuming the faker couldnt be japanese...

but yeah no i do agree with you that they do have to be real based on how quickly they appeared right after the others.

The ironic part is that the mid evo of Pokabu is on two pages. One of them "real" and the other "fake" according to the image. Either both are fake or both are real. And I'm calling them real.
I just wish that the game comes out sooner then 6 days, so the flamefest (and reposting of the scans = fake image) stops.

well your kind of assuming the faker couldnt be japanese...

What I think I meant was because the faker would have to be going at impossible speeds to fake this that it wouldn't be professional quality as it was seen as (it's already obvious someone who knows Japanese or lives in Japan or else it would've been painfully obvious). And this is Japanese after all, to me it sort of looks more difficult to remember Japanese characters over something like the English alphabet, while I'm sure the Japanese might be able to recognize the characters instantly (given what I've seen before) BUT to go insanely fast to make it as professional as it was? I don't think so, I'm sure even an English equivalent would have some grammatical/spelling errors (most likely unnoticeable or too late to change before they were in a rush to "leak" it on the internet).

Like I said, only a person from Coro-coro or a psychic would've been able to fake something of this quality, and of confirmed information. And even if the psychic had the page all laid out and was waiting for the art of Chaobuu (from the Aloe) page, I highly doubt it would be easy to "photoshop" Chaobuu's art onto the page so it looks as nice as it was (but I suppose a psychic and a "photoshop" master might know how to pull it off).

oh yeah the poke center/mart is great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom