• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon announced: Brand new 3DS game

Status
Not open for further replies.
...although I'm still expecting a Raichu Mega Evolution down the line so that could work.
What is this thing called a Raichu you speak of? I do not believe they even exist :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm still expecting the Kalos starters to get their respective Mega Evolutions in the Zygarde game, so if we get them announced before the game's release I expect them to be in it. I don't think all main playable Pokemon should be able to Mega Evolve, although I'm still expecting a Raichu Mega Evolution down the line so that could work. Mega Evolution would probably be usable once in a floor in one dungeon run. If you move to a new floor while using it, it would be gone. I'd like if that wasn't the case since we'd be able to enjoy the Mega Evolution more, but I can see it as being one of the more likely design choices for Mega Evolution. I'm also expecting a subplot like where the main characters go save somebody in a dungeon, and in its end they find a mega stone and try to take it, only to be interrupted by the Pokemon who can mega evolve with it, in which they beat its Mega Evolution and take the stone for themselves, with even inviting the Pokemon they beat to their rescue team. I don't think it will go exactly like that, but similarly.

If there were new Mega Evolutions, we'd most likely get them in the main games first before we saw them in Mystery Dungeon. This game is probably going to be limited to whatever we can get in ORAS.

I'm still expecting the Kalos starters to get their respective Mega Evolutions in the Zygarde game, so if we get them announced before the game's release I expect them to be in it. I don't think all main playable Pokemon should be able to Mega Evolve, although I'm still expecting a Raichu Mega Evolution down the line so that could work. Mega Evolution would probably be usable once in a floor in one dungeon run. If you move to a new floor while using it, it would be gone. I'd like if that wasn't the case since we'd be able to enjoy the Mega Evolution more, but I can see it as being one of the more likely design choices for Mega Evolution. I'm also expecting a subplot like where the main characters go save somebody in a dungeon, and in its end they find a mega stone and try to take it, only to be interrupted by the Pokemon who can mega evolve with it, in which they beat its Mega Evolution and take the stone for themselves, with even inviting the Pokemon they beat to their rescue team. I don't think it will go exactly like that, but similarly.

If there were new Mega Evolutions, we'd most likely get them in the main games first before we saw them in Mystery Dungeon. This game is probably going to be limited to whatever we can get in ORAS.

I may be wrong, but didn't Manaphy debut in the original Ranger as an Egg before being in the main series in Diamond and Pearl? So why shouldn't other Mega's/Pokémon be available in a spin-off before their main series debut? And wasn't Munchlax available in one of the GameCube games before its debut in Diamond and Pearl as well? Granted, both are Gen. 4 Pokémon and this hasn't been done since, but there is precedent. And given how unpredictable everything in Gen. 5 and Gen. 6 is, this could be done yet again.

I may be wrong, but didn't Manaphy debut in the original Ranger as an Egg before being in the main series in Diamond and Pearl? So why shouldn't other Mega's/Pokémon be available in a spin-off before their main series debut? And wasn't Munchlax available in one of the GameCube games before its debut in Diamond and Pearl as well? Granted, both are Gen. 4 Pokémon and this hasn't been done since, but there is precedent. And given how unpredictable everything in Gen. 5 and Gen. 6 is, this could be done yet again.

Hence the words "probably" and "most likely". It's possible, but I don't see it happening, neither of those two scenarios are equivalent. For one, they were both new Pokemon, not Mega Evolutions, they were hinting towards new Pokemon. And they haven't even done that recently (they kept the 5th and 6th gen Pokemon a secret for quite a while), so I wouldn't expect it now. And Manaphy was intentionally designed to be sent to DP, they're probably not going to do the same with Mystery Dungeon. The odds are pretty low that they'd include something new in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom