• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon

It has begun! If I wasn't going to play it for myself, I would be trying to find every spoiler possible.

It's sad. I go on serebii for updates about the new Z stuff, but now I have to tread lightly to be sure I don't spoil anything from this game. I did see though that you can unlock music from last games. I'm already sold on that alone.

It's sad. I go on serebii for updates about the new Z stuff, but now I have to tread lightly to be sure I don't spoil anything from this game. I did see though that you can unlock music from last games. I'm already sold on that alone.

Serebii has started their coverage on Super Mystery Dungeon.

Oh, God... There's going to be spoilers EVERYWHERE, isn't there? :'(

All of the spoilers are in spoiler tags, so I don't see the problem.

This will be my game of the year for sure! Spike Chunsoft really outdid themselves this time.

There's no longer random recruitment, but rather the Pokemon are set party-members basically you get through the story, completing quests, or just talking to them.

IMO, that sounds pretty neat and I think is a bit better than the old method of random recruitment. Gives you a more solid goal to work for when going for 100% completion. I might think differently with the game in my hand, but I'm seeing that as a positive direction. Probably for the best with so many Pokemon.

All the previous games' regions are in this game !

We can revisit Rescue Team, Explorers and Infinity's regions?! :D I never got to play GTI so this'll be perfect!

There's no longer random recruitment, but rather the Pokemon are set party-members basically you get through the story, completing quests, or just talking to them.

IMO, that sounds pretty neat and I think is a bit better than the old method of random recruitment. Gives you a more solid goal to work for when going for 100% completion. I might think differently with the game in my hand, but I'm seeing that as a positive direction. Probably for the best with so many Pokemon.

That sounds dumb to me. Aside from obligatory storyline recruitments (like Manaphy in Explorers) I should have the choice to recruit whatever Pokémon I'd like. My team of four is always carefully planned out and chosen. I don't like that you'd have to wait until certain points in the game to recruit one Pokémon.

I wish we can nickname the legendaries we recruit. One thing that disappointed me in GtI was that I couldn't nickname characters like Virizion, Keldeo, Espeon, Umbreon, Dunsparce, Emolga, etc. Explorers and Rescue Team at least let us name the legendaries we recruit!

continents.jpg

There are new enhanced versions of previous musics.

Last edited:
There's still one lingering question I have that they don't seem to be answering: how does Mega Evolution work in this game? It baffles me how this hasn't been covered yet.

EDIT: I found it in Serebii's coverage, but I have no idea how it works.

Last edited:
So you can't evolve you or your partner until after the epilogue?

I can't say I'm surprised, but I can say I'm disappointed.

So you can't evolve you or your partner until after the epilogue?

There are some occasions where they can evolve in the main story when you fight a powerful boss

There are some occasions where they can evolve in the main story when you fight a powerful boss
Well, considering that two of the available starters can only evolve once, that actually makes practical sense.

there's some kind of temporary evolution involved apparently, it's the best fix really while keeping the starters small and cute in the story

Is it true the levels are ridiculously low, I just saw someone defeat the boss while level 23.

Is it true the levels are ridiculously low, I just saw someone defeat the boss while level 23.

"The boss?" D'you mean the final boss? Because I've beaten plenty of bossfights at level 20-ish in any game.

"The boss?" D'you mean the final boss? Because I've beaten plenty of bossfights at level 20-ish in any game.

The final boss.

Meh, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I haven't watched any playthroughs (gotta have some surprises for myself, after all), but it's possible that the person you watched was a speedster who didn't take much of their time. The game was released... what, three days ago?

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom