• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon surprise announcement this Monday: Pokémon's followers advised to tune in at

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon surprise announcement this Monday: Pokémon's followers advised to tune in at 8 a.m. PDT

The Pokémon Company's official Twitter and Facebook accounts have sent out a message announcing that there will be a surprise announcement at 8 a.m. PDT this Monday, Sept. 16, 2013.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pokémon surprise announcement this Monday: Pokémon's followers advised to tune in

The Japanese Twitter doesn't mention this, so there is probably no connection to XY. This is probably the announcement of the GottaCatchEmAll.com website, which I suspect will be used to broadcast a western version of the upcoming Get TV show.

Re: Pokémon surprise announcement this Monday: Pokémon's followers advised to tune in

8 am? Ooh, that'll be like 4 here, so I can just wake up to... no wait, it's in Pacific time this time. Darn.

Maybe America is getting a Pokemon Smash?

Is this something that will be revealed in a live video again, or just something that will be posted on the official website?

Or something else?

I'm going with,

A) Gottacatchemall.com

B) A dub trailer of Pokémon The Series: XY for the preview on October 19th.

Maybe after years of not using "Gotta Catch 'em All" The big announcement is that "Oh, hey, we're bringing this back."

Maybe after years of not using "Gotta Catch 'em All" The big announcement is that "Oh, hey, we're bringing this back."

Indeed, but the prospect of promoting the necessity to catch around 800 Pokemon both excites and scares me :p

Ill Take Pokemon Orgins Dub announcement for 100 Alex

It's most likely that website that everyone seems to be talking about, the GottaCatchEmAll.com website that appears to use the slogan of the franchise that we haven't heard since Gen 2.

Wow, 7AM my time, I can watch it as soon as I arrive at school. :'D I'm not fond of dubs at all, but it would still be neat to know that a Western release of Origin is upon us.

I'm assuming the "surprise" is the GottacatchEmAll.com website that was leaked by accident, then that's not really a surprise to me or anyone who frequents Pokebeach or other fansites. Either that the announcement of the Pokemon: The Origin dub.

The Japanese Twitter doesn't mention this, so there is probably no connection to XY. This is probably the announcement of the GottaCatchEmAll.com website, which I suspect will be used to broadcast a western version of the upcoming Get TV show.

A specific website to broadcast the Western version of GottaCatchEmAll.com seems off to me; they already have Pokemon TV for that, and if they were to make such a show, I would expect it would be used. However, I think you are right in the assumption that whatever it is will not be applicable to Japanese audiences since they haven't said anything about it.

Still, I have no idea what GottaCatchEmAll.com would be.

Why should they do it on weekdays?

No one is gonna watch it due to school/work, you know...

Also, it must be very important...

Last edited:

Convently, I am stuck in a computer class during the announcement....you know what this means. :naughty:

:025:

Last edited:

Hey, at least I don't have school tomorrow! I'm glad that there's gonna be a special announcement. Probably Gotta Catch 'em All site.

Darn, school starts... RIGHT when this is announced. I wish I could play hooky, but its not like I could get away with it.

So the announcement should happen in around 10 minutes. Let's see what it's going to be about.

Anyone know where the announcement is going to happen? I am completely lost here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom