• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon "Surprise" to be Announced!

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
Reaction score
Just one hour ago the official Pokemon Twitter account tweeted:

Heads up, Trainers! We've got a surprise for you! Tune in Monday at 8 a.m. PDT for a special announcement!

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/378911540792942592

What could this surprise be? Will it be worthwhile? It doesn't say outright that it's related to Pokemon X&Y, so it could be anything. Perhaps a formal reveal of the website that was leaked a few days ago, GottaCatchEmAll.com? Any thoughts?

The surprise is unlikely to be game-related.

Silktree said:
The Japanese Twitter doesn't mention this, so there is probably no connection to XY. This is probably the announcement of the GottaCatchEmAll.com website, which I suspect will be used to broadcast a western version of the upcoming Get TV show.
The logo hints at this, too.

I'd say GottaCatchEmAll.com, but I don't know why I feel like it's going to be a revamped Pokédex for all international territories, that will be launched in cohesion with X/Y's release. Just the name "gottacatchemall" makes me think of the Pokédex and all Pokémon. But the leaked video featuring anime clips throws me off.

What is this GottaCatchEmAll.com thing? The name make it sound very uninteresting.

I'm hoping that its about more pokemon evolutions for the new pokemon or more new stuff about pokemon x and y. :)

If that were the case then why isn't their notices on the Japanese social media sites? Unless it's like an English-only announcement like special anime or game info that is exclusive to everything run by Pokemon International or whatever. Personally I still say it's for the website and it's probably going to be something stupid like "Hey guys, it's been years since we used our old slogan, so why not bring it back for nostalgia's sake?"

But then again, if I remember correctly the Honedge thing wasn't posted to the Japanese side either, so who knows. If this isn't a stupid "let's bring back the slogan!" announcement or new anime website where you can watch every single episode (The accidental video is really pointing towards this being anime only unless they reused the pokeball picture), then maybe it might be Orotto's officially official debut.

Awww... why couldn't they do it earlier. now I won't be able to check it out until 6 or 7 in the evening.

I bet it has something to do with anime...maybe. Since the video from before (with the same style logo) was 100% anime. Maybe the slogan's coming back?

That, or something pokedex related.

I hope it isn't related to that Gotta Catch Em All slogan. God, how I hate that thing.

Maybe the pokerap is coming back.
A Pokerap, With TPCi voice actors? :scared:

tumblr_mjghv5sFqH1s7rxklo1_500.gif

Seriously, though, I don't think it can be as bad as the Hoenn Pokerap or "Can't Stop Catching Em All" were, and those were by Ethan Banks and Presidents of the United States (respectively)..or can it? :bawl:

Last edited:
With over 700 pokemon as of generation 6 why are they bringing back "gotta catch em all" now of all times?

Something irrelevant or something I do not care about in the slightest. I never get excited with any of these "surprise announcements" because it's always a new season of the anime (which sucks in my opinion), a new movie or another spin-off I don't like.

I said it in another thread: if it's not Pokémon Stadium 3/Pokémon Snap 2, I'm just not interested.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom