• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the power of fluffy boys shines within you
Reaction score
He didn't get Piplup or Popplio (who were the most popular starters of their respective generations) so I don't think that he is guaranteed to get Sobble. Even if Hop gets Scorbunny I don't think that stops Ash from getting one for himself unless Hop is a companion.
Popplio was the least popular starter of Alola, with Rowlet being the most loved. What's your point?

Reaction score
Why would the declining ratings mean that the Galar series might be the last one? Technically the ratings have been steadily declining since the Kanto series, yet that didn't stop OI, Johto, AG, DP, BW, XY and SuMo from happening. But I'm done talking about ratings because what's-his-name already explained how the ratings work in one of his previous essays.
diD sOmEoNe MeNtIOn RATINGS?

...yea, I'm not writing another essay.

Someone
Reaction score
Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Pipe dream, but I hope Grookey's final evolution is based off Wu Kong, especially with that stick becoming a Bo staff.

(YES YES, I know Infernape is based off Wu Kong too, but we've had so many 'clone' like Pokemon in the past).
Grookey is getting promoted the most out of the three starters. Could this mean anything? View: https://twitter.com/Arkie200/status/1165078921186095104?s=19
The previous mascot for Osaka before Grookey were Squirtle (Ash's), Tepig (Ash's), Chespin (Clemont's), and Rowlit (Ash's). I wouldn't be surprised id it's either Gloria's or Ash's. Only time will tell.

Personally, it's not too difficult to guess who should have who. You need to look no further than their hair, headdress and clothing. Both May (excluding Emerald) and Serena (excluding XYZ) have warm clothes of red, light blue eyes, light brown and blonde hair respectively, suitable for Fire Type Starters like Torchic and Fennekin. Dawn (excluding Platinum) has blue hair and eyes, suitable for a Water Type starter like Piplup. Looking at Gloria, she has a green tam o' shanta and socks, has brown hair, eyes, shoes and bag. Both Gloria and Dawn have neutral Pink to their clothing, with Dawn having black and Gloria grey, but since Dawn had Piplup regardless, Gloria's design makes sense for it being suitable for a Grass Type Starter like Grookey.

All the other Female Players aside from these four don't have that kind of pattern, unless you count Selene, only the plot for SM changing from it's usual formula into a school based one made sense not to have her. :unsure: Hmmm... I wonder?

The final evolution of Grookey according to the leak will be a Gorilla with a drum. Not Wu Kong since that's already done for Infernape.

Last edited:
Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I don't think that this is an announcement of the next saga because I highly doubt that the league will end in SM137.

웃♥유
Reaction score
Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Hmm so Froakie was on the logo during the XY era and Litten was on it during the SuMo era, and both Pokemon were caught by Ash. Now Grookey's on there. Interesting. inb4 the Grookey hate squad break their stilettos running in here
Haven't you read the place names below the logo? They are from different locations.

I don't think that this is an announcement of the next saga because I highly doubt that the league will end in SM137.
Course it won't end on SM137, just the build up before the end of SM and the the beginning of SwSh.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
They usually don't announce the next saga until after the current saga's league is over, which will most likely be in either SM138 or SM139. I am not counting the exhibition match.

Reaction score
They usually don't announce the next saga until after the current saga's league is over, which will most likely be in either SM138 or SM139. I am not counting the exhibition match.
DP started airing previews for BW while the semifinals of the Sinnoh League were about to start, so we'll see.
I think the announcement could either be the new series or a preview of what's to come in Sun & Moon's final episodes.

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I think that we're just going to see a preview of the remaining episodes of SM, with the Sword & Shield anime not being announced until after either SM138 or SM139.

Status
Not open for further replies.