• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they keep Ash as the protagonist. But still... they are rumours that this anime will be very different from previous ones. This could mean anything. Ahs could be replaced with a brand new hero/heroine, the art style could be changed again, maybe the anime will be completely in CGI, etc. I will wait. I just hope it is something that fits my taste.

Ok, I have a question I'd like to see discussed. Ignoring the art style factor, who would you want to see as Ash's travelling companions and why?

I say also, Gloria. She fits the template of all the other girls been a cute teenage girl with a girly personality.

I think they keep Ash as the protagonist. But still... they are rumours that this anime will be very different from previous ones. This could mean anything. Ahs could be replaced with a brand new hero/heroine, the art style could be changed again, maybe the anime will be completely in CGI, etc. I will wait. I just hope it is something that fits my taste.

I say also, Gloria. She fits the template of all the other girls been a cute teenage girl with a girly personality.
I just hope we don't jinx this Gen any further. I'm hoping that it isn't CGi though, it ruins the charm for the series.

Last edited:

Rumours? In other words fake news. I wouldn't pay much attention to fan expectations that have no basis.

Rumours? In other words fake news. I wouldn't pay much attention to fan expectations that have no basis.
The only evidence we have about the SwSh anime is from the tweet of one SM animator, who just said to the SM fans that the new series will not be like SM.

Attachments

• FD9BDB4F-D6E3-40AB-A0FB-69F293C0DCCD.jpeg
    FD9BDB4F-D6E3-40AB-A0FB-69F293C0DCCD.jpeg
    376.2 KB · Views: 135
It's a surprise
Except that I don't think that Chairman Rose is going to endorse Ash unless they're straight up excluding Bede from the anime, which I highly doubt that they'll do. Ash is more likely to be endorsed by Leon, considering that Leon endorses both the PC and Hop. It is currently unknown who endorses Marnie.

Except that I don't think that Chairman Rose is going to endorse Ash unless they're straight up excluding Bede from the anime, which I highly doubt that they'll do. Ash is more likely to be endorsed by Leon, considering that Leon endorses both the PC and Hop. It is currently unknown who endorses Marnie.
It won't be Rose, it'll be someone else. Perhaps a company that is just starting out and wants Ash to promote them through Galar

It won't be Rose, it'll be someone else. Perhaps a company that is just starting out and wants Ash to promote them through Galar
The leaked episode titles imply that Chairman Rose is endorsing Ash, which will mean that Bede will not be adapted into the anime. I think that the leaked episode titles are fake anyways.

I'm going to take MegaGreninja's leak with a grain of salt, as it's likely either someone rushed it to bring false hype, especially on account that Gladion has a 99.9999% chance of winning the League. It doesn't help that one of the titles has "Top Coordinator" involved, as in this modern age, it's exceedingly rare for the anime to bring back topics from earlier seasons besides the original.

Besides, if the SwSh series was going to have ties to the endgame of the SM series, a Generation VIII Pokémon would've debut in some form by now, as was the case with Advance Generation referencing Diamond and Pearl, and Best Wishes referencing X & Y.

The endorsement could be the main prize as part of the first Champion of Alola after defeating Kukui
That’s assuming that Kukui actively wants the champion to go away after winning the Alola league. Ash might do it, but it obviously isn't the optimal option. That it also assumes that the champion will want to travel to another region and complete another league, and majority of the people from Alola are pretty settled in the region.

The leaked episode titles imply that Chairman Rose is endorsing Ash, which will mean that Bede will not be adapted into the anime. I think that the leaked episode titles are fake anyways.
I haven't looked at the fake leak, I was just saying it is not Rose that will give Ash his endorsement.

One of the episode titles is outright called "Galar Region? An Invitation From Mr. Rose". If this is real, then that means that Rose will give Ash his endorsement.
That depends until the Finals air on September 8th when more episodes are revealed. However by the sounds of this, it makes it sound like Lillie is going to journey with Ash. Or Dawn might return to journey with him through Galar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom