• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. This saga will most likely mark the first time that Ash does not get a Water-type and the regional bird, and he even caught a Mythical that knows an Electric-type move. Take that, patterns.
Yet it will also break the mold by having the Female Trainer having a Grass Type starter and Ash a Fire Type starter.

Yet it will also break the mold by having the Female Trainer having a Grass Type starter and Ash a Fire Type starter.
I hope the female trainer will turn out to be Selena.

Well, I do have a theory that the Sword and Shield anime will conclude Ash's character (I hope It could give us explanationion that he is so special) ,but I don't know Game Freak will do that if they go that route and I could see it will play out similar to the games.

I don't know people like my theory on Ash,but it sounds insane and dark. Do you guys would like to heard my theory?

I think Ash will get Sobble, and Scorbunny. He’ll fully evolve both of them.

This could be a battle heavy series since they’re alternating between battle heavy, and laid back since DP.

As for companions, I’m not really sure. The female protagonist seems quite likely to be a character given the enthusiastic reception she’s getting from the internet.
I want the sassy Scottish accent personality adapted to the anime.

What if she’s actually the rival? I’d like her to be a trainer who battles and not taking up something else like showcases. Minus points if it’s a ‘girly’ goal again.
I want her to be a fiery no nonsense person.

What if she’s actually the rival? I’d like her to be a trainer who battles and not taking up something else like showcases. Minus points if it’s a ‘girly’ goal again.
That would be ideal, but I am not holding my breath. The only female rivals Ash has had have been minor and "funny".

This could be a battle heavy series since they’re alternating between battle heavy, and laid back since DP.

As for companions, I’m not really sure. The female protagonist seems quite likely to be a character given the enthusiastic reception she’s getting from the internet.

Yes! a strong fiery female trainer that's not only adventurous, not just a great giving Ash the confidence, but a female character done right!

I agree that this saga will be more adventure and battle focused similar to DP and XY.

As interesting as it would be for Team Rocket to get a starter Pokemon, I don't think it's going to happen. They probably wouldn't want to associate one of the starters with the villains, even comedic relief villains like Team Rocket, or have them lose all the time like any one of their Pokemon inevitably does. They'd want to keep the starters among the main cast since they'd be able to get more screentime and potentially more battles depending on how popular they are and which character is their trainer.

As interesting as it would be for Team Rocket to get a starter Pokemon, I don't think it's going to happen. They probably wouldn't want to associate one of the starters with the villains, even comedic relief villains like Team Rocket, or have them lose all the time like any one of their Pokemon inevitably does. They'd want to keep the starters among the main cast since they'd be able to get more screentime and potentially more battles depending on how popular they are and which character is their trainer.
I agree. I don't think that they would be marketing a starter well if they give it to TR.

I think you're right that it won't happen, but I feel like Mudkip got less screen time/development than Cacnea, Seviper, or Dustox. I would really find it interesting if they got a starter finally.

I watched Sword Art Online last year and I thought the art-style would fit Pokémon the series well. The lines aren't as sharp as XY or anything before it, but not as soft as SM either. Also the illustrations could be used in advantage of the Pokémon series as well. I remember that time when one of characters was talking about a swords-man who was extremely strong but was never seen. While the man talked about him, there were illustrations showing him in flames holding a sword. That could make a great Pokémon illustrations while the Pokédex recites the data about the Pokémon itself, instead of showing us dull artwork on a screen.

In case anyone is curious about the art-style,
PS. I know all-year-running series wouldn't make it look that good compared to season-based series, but Pokémon could still adapt it to its own style.

swo-hed.jpg

I think you're right that it won't happen, but I feel like Mudkip got less screen time/development than Cacnea, Seviper, or Dustox. I would really find it interesting if they got a starter finally.

Mudkip is the exception in this issue. As much as I like Brock, it was a terrible idea to give him a starter. Not only because he didn't really battle that much, but he already had a much more memorable Pokemon in AG with Lotad. Aside from its capture and evolution episodes, Mudkip barely stood out, which is still a shame since I thought its capture episode gave some pretty good focus for Brock. I liked the idea of splitting out the starters among the main cast for the first time, but it probably would have been better if Ash or May got Mudkip instead. i like Ash's Corphish, so May having another Hoenn Pokemon on her team would have been nice.

Admittedly, Cacnea, Seviper and Dustox have a bit of an edge in terms of screentime considering that they were in DP as well, but I still see your point. As interesting as the idea of Team Rocket with a starter sounds, I just don't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom