• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's kind of a given. The anime all takes place in one linear timeline.

Much like SM clearly takes place after XY, SwSh will take place after SM.

They just did that AU crap for the movies because they're lazy and don't know what to do with the movies after M19 flopped so hard.
I thought it was M18 that flopped?

That's funny because I'm sure that back during the BW era alot of fans must've said that same thing and then we got SM half a decade later which most fans consider to be many times worse than BW. I'll laugh if the SS saga is even worse than SM.

I am not everybody else, I never said that Black and White was the worst anime. I actually think the OS is worse than the Black and White anime series. The OS mainly suffered from lack of overall direction, and my only complaints about BW are the unbalanced rotation of Ash's Pokemon team, and well.. one of his female traveling companions was given a horrible storyline compared to her in-game counterpart.

As for the SwordShield Anime.. my expectations are bottom of the barrel low. To me, anything is better than the dumpster fire the SM anime turned out to be. I actually really enjoy the SM/USUM games, pity about the anime.

I'm not spelling doom and gloom to the series, I'm just looking at what we have got from the leak. The placeholder title has the same font style as the AU films, plus it describes "History takes you to all the worlds of Pokemon."

Some of the posts, not just yours, have been acting like this is the end of the series and the franchise in general. Admittedly, that hasn't been uncommon for this generation in general, but it still seems like such a huge overreaction to me. Even with just going off from what we got from this leak, that's still reading a lot into a placeholder title, especially when we most likely weren't supposed to learn about this in the first place.

Some of the posts, not just yours, have been acting like this is the end of the series and the franchise in general. Admittedly, that hasn't been uncommon for this generation in general, but it still seems like such a huge overreaction to me. Even with just going off from what we got from this leak, that's still reading a lot into a placeholder title, especially when we most likely weren't supposed to learn about this in the first place.
Even then, some people are paranoid and think that we are not getting a traditional Sword & Shield anime.

I get that people are just depressed about SwSh, but it's pointless to post same stuff, unless there is some new proof that they'll make a PM series instead.
I'm not paranoid, I'm just concerned. Let's hope for tomorrow.
Did you just like a post who called you paranoid? Why did you like a post you disagree with?

I get that people are just depressed about SwSh, but it's pointless to post same stuff, unless there is some new proof that they'll make a PM series instead.
Did you just like a post who called you paranoid? Why did you like a post you disagree with?
Because I'm neutral. It might be a new series, it might be a continuation. I'm only looking at the clues to what we have. Including the anime and films that haven't shown anything Gen 8 related.

Let's see if this leak shows up on Sunday

If this is going to be an AU TV Series, I can see how they would combine SwSh with Masters...

What if the Champions Cup is part of the Pokemon Masters League? Where in this series, there are 8 Regions with 8 Gym Leaders with Gym Badges in order to take part in that tornament. But in order to compete, Ash would have to have an endorsement. What if also within the story, Lance, Steven, Cynthia, Alder, Diantha and Leon are the strongest and representatives to each Region trying to compete and become Champion within the Pokemon Masters League?

Yet even with this, I still feel that the Galar Pokemon will be miss represented for marketing.

Last edited:
So just wondering, since the tweet people showed on this thread was in Spanish, does anyone have the translation of the original Japanese text of the tweet? I still have this horrible concern (although I don't believe its actually likely) that they will use CG for the series to save money, but it made me feel good that they used the word anime in that tweet, but that, of course, was just a translation. Not even sure if that would be as decipherable based on simple wording in Japanese or not, but the biggest reason I was looking forward to a reveal being tomorrow (rather than in 4 weeks....) was so I could stop worrying about a potential nightmare CG series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom