• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, can we be sure this new thing "announced" will be the [next] main anime or might just turn to be a Generations or Origins?

Given that the Gen 8 games will be released in November and it's now September, the announced series has to be the next main anime by default. I mean, do you really think that they'd wait even longer before announcing the next saga of the main anime if this were just another Generations/Origins type of thing?

It'll be called ''Pocket Monsters'' in Japan, but in the west it'll probably be called ''Pokemon The Series: Sword and Shield''

I can well imagine Marnie being a foil to not just Ash, but also all of his past rivals, including Paul throughout this League.

Last edited:
It'll be called ''Pocket Monsters'' in Japan, but in the west it'll probably be called ''Pokemon The Series: Sword and Shield''

I can well imagine Marnie being a foil to not just Ash, but also all of his past rivals, including Paul throughout this League.
I don't know. They might stick with a more generic title in the West as well.

I would be surprised if the west title has Sword and Shield given that the series isn't mean't to just market the Galar region.

I would be surprised if the west title has Sword and Shield given that the series isn't mean't to just market the Galar region.
Considering that the Japanese title is "Pocket Monsters" I wouldn't be surprised of the English title is just "Pokemon".

Considering that the Japanese title is "Pocket Monsters" I wouldn't be surprised of the English title is just "Pokemon".
That would make things confusing to some people to differentiate the new series with the Indigo Plateau original series. But then, this will also be target young children who haven't seen the OS, since they weren't around.

That would make things confusing to some people to differentiate the new series with the Indigo Plateau original series. But then, this will also be target young children who haven't seen the OS, since they weren't around.
Even then, most fans lump the Indigo Plateau, Orange Islands, and Johto Journeys sagas together under the name of the Original Series, or the OS, so there wouldn't be much confusion from any age group.

Meh.
Poulteagiest and Cramorant don't seem like they'll be major.
And none of those side features aren't anything we haven't seen since the start (camping and cooking), or can be used significantly.

Next round of new info please.

Last edited:
Except for the two Pokemon (which don't look very marketable), these features bring nothing new to the anime. Camp has been a thing since 1997.

Meh.
Poulteagiest and Water Bird don't seem like they'll be major.
And none of those side features aren't anything we haven't seen since the start (camping and cooking), or can be used significantly.

Next round of new info please.

Hey, I studied Courmarants in school. Those things really DO eat that muhc.

Of course we'd get a teapot Pokemon in Galar. :rolleyes: I sincerely hope that neither Pokemon is in the new cast though, because I think they're both pretty mediocre.

Of course we'd get a teapot Pokemon in Galar. :rolleyes: I sincerely hope that neither Pokemon is in the new cast though, because I think they're both pretty mediocre.
Imagine Cramorant being another Psyduck for Nessa if she becomes Ash's companion.

Wishful thinking, which is highly doubtful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom