• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lover

웃♥유
Reaction score
So, can we be sure this new thing "announced" will be the [next] main anime or might just turn to be a Generations or Origins?
Given that the Gen 8 games will be released in November and it's now September, the announced series has to be the next main anime by default. I mean, do you really think that they'd wait even longer before announcing the next saga of the main anime if this were just another Generations/Origins type of thing?

Silktree

Hardship
Reaction score
It's called "Pocket Monsters" and they called attention to that. It isn't a spin-off.

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
It'll be called ''Pocket Monsters'' in Japan, but in the west it'll probably be called ''Pokemon The Series: Sword and Shield''

I can well imagine Marnie being a foil to not just Ash, but also all of his past rivals, including Paul throughout this League.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
It'll be called ''Pocket Monsters'' in Japan, but in the west it'll probably be called ''Pokemon The Series: Sword and Shield''

I can well imagine Marnie being a foil to not just Ash, but also all of his past rivals, including Paul throughout this League.
I don't know. They might stick with a more generic title in the West as well.

game3524

Reaction score
I would be surprised if the west title has Sword and Shield given that the series isn't mean't to just market the Galar region.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I would be surprised if the west title has Sword and Shield given that the series isn't mean't to just market the Galar region.
Considering that the Japanese title is "Pocket Monsters" I wouldn't be surprised of the English title is just "Pokemon".

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Considering that the Japanese title is "Pocket Monsters" I wouldn't be surprised of the English title is just "Pokemon".
That would make things confusing to some people to differentiate the new series with the Indigo Plateau original series. But then, this will also be target young children who haven't seen the OS, since they weren't around.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
That would make things confusing to some people to differentiate the new series with the Indigo Plateau original series. But then, this will also be target young children who haven't seen the OS, since they weren't around.
Even then, most fans lump the Indigo Plateau, Orange Islands, and Johto Journeys sagas together under the name of the Original Series, or the OS, so there wouldn't be much confusion from any age group.

SammyW27

♪My Little Ponyta, My Little Ponyta...♪
Reaction score
Meh.
Poulteagiest and Cramorant don't seem like they'll be major.
And none of those side features aren't anything we haven't seen since the start (camping and cooking), or can be used significantly.

Next round of new info please.

Last edited:

Silktree

Hardship
Reaction score
Except for the two Pokemon (which don't look very marketable), these features bring nothing new to the anime. Camp has been a thing since 1997.

KrspaceT

Reaction score
Meh.
Poulteagiest and Water Bird don't seem like they'll be major.
And none of those side features aren't anything we haven't seen since the start (camping and cooking), or can be used significantly.

Next round of new info please.
Hey, I studied Courmarants in school. Those things really DO eat that muhc.

Silktree

Hardship
Reaction score
That would be a cold thing for James to do, but it would be fine for AU James if he didn't have a Weezing to begin with.

Lover

웃♥유
Reaction score
Of course we'd get a teapot Pokemon in Galar. :rolleyes: I sincerely hope that neither Pokemon is in the new cast though, because I think they're both pretty mediocre.

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Of course we'd get a teapot Pokemon in Galar. :rolleyes: I sincerely hope that neither Pokemon is in the new cast though, because I think they're both pretty mediocre.
Imagine Cramorant being another Psyduck for Nessa if she becomes Ash's companion.

Wishful thinking, which is highly doubtful.

Status
Not open for further replies.