• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
웃♥유
Reaction score
So, can we be sure this new thing "announced" will be the [next] main anime or might just turn to be a Generations or Origins?
Given that the Gen 8 games will be released in November and it's now September, the announced series has to be the next main anime by default. I mean, do you really think that they'd wait even longer before announcing the next saga of the main anime if this were just another Generations/Origins type of thing?

Stuck
Reaction score
It's called "Pocket Monsters" and they called attention to that. It isn't a spin-off.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
It'll be called ''Pocket Monsters'' in Japan, but in the west it'll probably be called ''Pokemon The Series: Sword and Shield''

I can well imagine Marnie being a foil to not just Ash, but also all of his past rivals, including Paul throughout this League.

Last edited:
Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
It'll be called ''Pocket Monsters'' in Japan, but in the west it'll probably be called ''Pokemon The Series: Sword and Shield''

I can well imagine Marnie being a foil to not just Ash, but also all of his past rivals, including Paul throughout this League.
I don't know. They might stick with a more generic title in the West as well.

Reaction score
I would be surprised if the west title has Sword and Shield given that the series isn't mean't to just market the Galar region.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I would be surprised if the west title has Sword and Shield given that the series isn't mean't to just market the Galar region.
Considering that the Japanese title is "Pocket Monsters" I wouldn't be surprised of the English title is just "Pokemon".

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Considering that the Japanese title is "Pocket Monsters" I wouldn't be surprised of the English title is just "Pokemon".
That would make things confusing to some people to differentiate the new series with the Indigo Plateau original series. But then, this will also be target young children who haven't seen the OS, since they weren't around.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
That would make things confusing to some people to differentiate the new series with the Indigo Plateau original series. But then, this will also be target young children who haven't seen the OS, since they weren't around.
Even then, most fans lump the Indigo Plateau, Orange Islands, and Johto Journeys sagas together under the name of the Original Series, or the OS, so there wouldn't be much confusion from any age group.

The Coolest Character in the Worst Series
Reaction score
Meh.
Poulteagiest and Cramorant don't seem like they'll be major.
And none of those side features aren't anything we haven't seen since the start (camping and cooking), or can be used significantly.

Next round of new info please.

Last edited:
Stuck
Reaction score
Except for the two Pokemon (which don't look very marketable), these features bring nothing new to the anime. Camp has been a thing since 1997.

Reaction score
Meh.
Poulteagiest and Water Bird don't seem like they'll be major.
And none of those side features aren't anything we haven't seen since the start (camping and cooking), or can be used significantly.

Next round of new info please.
Hey, I studied Courmarants in school. Those things really DO eat that muhc.

웃♥유
Reaction score
Of course we'd get a teapot Pokemon in Galar. :rolleyes: I sincerely hope that neither Pokemon is in the new cast though, because I think they're both pretty mediocre.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Of course we'd get a teapot Pokemon in Galar. :rolleyes: I sincerely hope that neither Pokemon is in the new cast though, because I think they're both pretty mediocre.
Imagine Cramorant being another Psyduck for Nessa if she becomes Ash's companion.

Wishful thinking, which is highly doubtful.

Status
Not open for further replies.