• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is pretty much the same logo. Pokemon can do whatever they want, but I don't understand why they would use that logo if this series was not branching into the AU timeline,
I could pretty ask of why are they having AU Ash go through all the other Regions, experiencing all the events and then go to Galar last when that would take too long and would take up a lot of time. Plus it is Galar that they're suppose to promote, not just the past 7 Regions.

It just makes more sense to go the route that I've already mentioned.

I could pretty ask of why are they having AU Ash go through all the other Regions, experiencing all the events and then go to Galar last when that would take too long and would take up a lot of time. Plus it is Galar that they're suppose to promote, not just the past 7 Regions.

It just makes more sense to go the route that I've already mentioned.

We don't know if Galar would be last (which I doubt given the press release). Also, I think we need to stop assuming that promoting the SS game is the number one thing for them. Just by looking what they have done the last couple of years, it seems that they are focused on promoting the company as a whole and not just being laser focused on just the newest generation.

We don't know if Galar would be last (which I doubt given the press release). Also, I think we need to stop assuming that promoting the SS game is the number one thing for them. Just by looking what they have done the last couple of years, it seems that they are focused on promoting the company as a whole and not just being laser focused on just the newest generation.
Someone who translated did say that the story will take place in Galar, but will also be set in the other 7 Regions, meaning that Ash could possibly be travelling too and fro as part of some World Cup.

The more I think about the whole 7 previous regions thing, the more it reminds me of how Ash went on a field trip to Kanto for 2 episodes and I have this nagging thought in my head that Ash could potentially enroll in another school in Galar and that he might visit the 7 other regions during field trips. I remember joking that Ash might go to another school in the ShSw saga a while back and although I didn't really believe it then, part of me wonders if that might actually happen.

The more I think about the whole 7 previous regions thing, the more it reminds me of how Ash went on a field trip to Kanto for 2 episodes and I have this nagging thought in my head that Ash could potentially enroll in another school in Galar and that he might visit the 7 other regions during field trips. I remember joking that Ash might go to another school in the ShSw saga a while back and although I didn't really believe it then, part of me wonders if that might actually happen.
Not another School, it will most likely be a Pokemon World Cup as well as the Galar League.

How do you know?
Just look at the scenario we have with Alola. It made sense to have a Pokemon School in Sun and Moon due to there not having an official Pokemon League. Why there are no Gyms, nor Pokemon League until near the end. You just see Alola planning, constructing and starting the Regions first Pokemon League.

Galar meanwhile is an already established League that seems to theme on the Football/Soccor Leagues, Just like the first 6, you collect the 8 badges before taking on the League and the Champion. The Elite Four are yet to be revealed, just as past E4s were not revealed until the games release.

With the Champions Cup, what if that is for an international League, like the League of Champions, where all Pokemon Champions around the world come to compete. Wouldn't it make sense for Ash to take part in that after becoming Alola's first Champion?

But until 29th, it is obvious that it won't be School this time because one of the animators that worked on SM tweeted that the new series will not be like the SM anime.

I've been wanting a return of Chronicles for a long time but I honestly think bringing it back and tying the episodes into the main series more would be the best option. Some kind of tournament in Galar that involves all the regions could be good too.

A reboot sounds lame and pointless to me. Only good reason I can see for it is if they want to retell the whole series from the beginning...but that would require some very condensed storytelling. At 150-200 episodes that would give only 20-ish episodes for each region. And that's if you divide evenly, which I can't see since it would screw over Galar.

I've been wanting a return of Chronicles for a long time but I honestly think bringing it back and tying the episodes into the main series more would be the best option. Some kind of tournament in Galar that involves all the regions could be good too.

A reboot sounds lame and pointless to me. Only good reason I can see for it is if they want to retell the whole series from the beginning...but that would require some very condensed storytelling. At 150-200 episodes that would give only 20-ish episodes for each region. And that's if you divide evenly, which I can't see since it would screw over Galar.
That's why it would probably fit best to have Ash go to Galar, but also travel to the past Regions as part of some big worldwide event with it's finals centered around Galar.

Tbh, I have been waiting for a female rival for Ash that is based in the games for a very long time.

Last edited:

Or the reboot might not be a retelling of previous sagas at all.

Now that I've seen the character customization, I'm pretty positive that Gloria won't appear in the anime. She doesn't have a strong enough design because there's basically a full character creator in the game. Player's creations will end up looking like entirely different characters. I'm pretty sure that's why the SM protagonists never showed up either.

Now that I've seen the character customization, I'm pretty positive that Gloria won't appear in the anime. She doesn't have a strong enough design because there's basically a full character creator in the game. Player's creations will end up looking like entirely different characters. I'm pretty sure that's why the SM protagonists never showed up either.
So? Serena had a customisation in XY, there's no stopping it from happening. They might not even focus on the customisation at all. SM never did.

Last edited:
Or the reboot might not be a retelling of previous sagas at all.

I can't think of any other scenario in which a reboot would be justified. Which doesn't prove that they wouldn't do it, but I couldn't see it as anything other than negative.

The Sinnoh Arc of the anime might be revealed for late 2020 to coincide the Gen 4 Remake since Pokeshopper indicated that there is a lot of Sinnoh merchandising planned for that year. I can well imagine James reuniting with Cacnea again and Ash and his friends having to confront Pokemon Hunter J once more after she somehow survived Lake Valor. She of course would be foiled and would once again escape scott free, but could even be hired by someone in the Galar Region, thus leading to the climax at the end of the Gen 8 anime series.

I can't think of any other scenario in which a reboot would be justified. Which doesn't prove that they wouldn't do it, but I couldn't see it as anything other than negative.

Yeah, I am different. I just don't care if they reboot or stay the course. To me, continuity pretty much ended after DP and every other series since then has been a low key reboot. It is hard to take OS-SM as one cohesive story.

So? Serena had a customisation in XY, there's no stopping it from happening. They might not even focus on the customisation at all. SM never did.
I more meant that I don't think the creators put a lot of care into the playable characters anymore because they know that players are just going to customize them anyway. As for Serena, the character customization was pretty minor in X&Y compared to this, and her initial design was at least strong enough to include her as a character in the story if you weren't playing as her. I guess it's just a hunch, but I really doubt that the PC you don't choose will show up in this story at all considering how many unique characters they've already shown off.

Last edited:
Customization in animation is always a bit of a risky idea because then your character will not be recognizable anymore, which is the reason why many characters will have their iconic look true out the whole series.

I can understand, why the customization in the anime wasn't went to far with it. If Misty, for example, will have long hair from now own, and she will dye them let's say green, would people still recognize her as Misty?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom