• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iris will probably be the Johto rep cause Claire. But I'm still expecting Cilan to appear over her

Iris left Blackthorn City ages ago and went chasing after Rayquaza, so she's most likely in Hoenn by now or some other region. If Iris will represent any region, it would make more sense for her to represent Unova since she's from there.

Here's a tweet from anipoke PR that came out today

View: https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1170894617652260865

Translation with Collins Translate, with few edits so we could understand the translation clearly:

"The Story To The World of All Pokemon"
In this new anime series that will be the seventh work in the series,
in addition to the Galar Region to be the main stage based on ''Pokemon Sword and Shield'',
the anime will also be set in all the provinces that have appeared in the game thus far,
Pokémon that live in each region will appear one after another! #アニポケ - Anipoke

So what we have for this new anime is Ash travelling through Galar with his new companions for the most part, but will also see him travelling to past regions like in SM with Kanto, to see mainly his old companions and how they're doing. Other characters would either be mentioned, cameo and/or flash backed, although a few characters like Cynthia will might appear in this new series.

Whilst some would think it's doom and gloom for the series because of the rumors of this being the last of Ash's journeys, or reboot from what we first feared. However when I dig a little deeper, I begin to find it as something not only unique for Galar to stand out, but also something truly special for Pokemon as a whole.

Last edited:
Here's a tweet from anipoke PR that came out today

View: https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1170894617652260865

Translation with Collins Translate, with few edits so we could understand the translation clearly:

"The Story To The World of All Pokemon"
In this new anime series that will be the seventh work in the series,
in addition to the Galar Region to be the main stage based on ''Pokemon Sword and Shield'',
the anime will also be set in all the provinces that have appeared in the game thus far,
Pokémon that live in each region will appear one after another! #アニポケ - Anipoke

So what we have for this new anime is Ash travelling through Galar with his new companions for the most part, but will also see him travelling to past regions like in SM with Kanto, to see mainly his old companions and how they're doing. Other characters would either be mentioned, cameo and/or flash backed, although a few characters like Cynthia will might appear in this new series.

Whilst some would think it's doom and gloom for the series because of the rumors of this being the last of Ash's journeys, or reboot from what we first feared. However when I dig a little deeper, I begin to find it as something not only unique for Galar to stand out, but also something truly special for Pokemon as a whole.

I was just about to post this but I didn't know what to say but this sums it up nicely

But this is in the Type: Wild ending not in a preview for the New Anime.
After watching the series for quite some time, you just get the hunch that there' more to it than you may think.

Plus, there's more news that's just came out above of which you may have missed.

In my own opinion, they don't have to bring back all the past companions, as they could just as easily have Ash interact with completely new characters.

I hope they're brave enough to drop Ash, especially after butchering him in SM
I doubt they will. If it was a completely new series, it would've said ''First of an entirely new series'', but instead this new anime is referred to as the ''seventh work'', meaning that it's still going.

Last edited:
In this new anime series that will be the seventh work in the series
3a3iiw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom