• Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
it going to be a slice of life anime again

don't get you hopes up
Not necessarily. Sun and Moon was a slice of life because that was designed of being a vacation arc for Ash, just as Alola was designed as a Region that was about to have it's own Pokemon League. Sword and Shield will be a series where it's back to basics, like Gen 1-6, or in the case of a Sinnoh remake next year, Gen 4

Where Are My Donuts?
Reaction score
I have a feeling that the series will be hybrid of gens 1-6 and Inazuma Eleven, With Ash traveling across the region collecting badges but instead of gym battles, he faces the gym leaders in soccer matches.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
I have a feeling that the series will be hybrid of gens 1-6 and Inazuma Eleven, With Ash traveling across the region collecting badges but instead of gym battles, he faces the gym leaders in soccer matches.
Or something like Soccer or Baccer

"Some must fight, so that all may be free."
Reaction score
"Some must fight, so that all may be free."
Reaction score
Ash's hat will probably be red with the black or white Pokeball pattern, his top will be blue with the school badge
...okay? No idea what that has to do with what I posted, but ok, I guess?

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
All I can see for Pokemon is this...

The Japanese Regions: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh
The International Regions: Unova, Kalos, Alola and Galar

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Ash's hat will probably be red with the black or white Pokeball pattern, his top will be blue with the school badge
What's this about a school badge? Do you think that the SS anime would also be set in a school like SM is?
I don't think they are going to go overboard with the sports theme.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Ash would probably have been graduated by the end of Sun and Moon, so Gen 8 could possibly be when Ash goes back to basics after a vacation.

Reaction score
I don't think the travel formula will be used again in coming generation's.
I think ash will be stuck in one city or village, maybe going to school again or will live with the professor of the region maybe?
Ash will travel if it really needed, like going to gyms or doing some quests there etc.
The reason why i dont think theys will travel again like the old generation is it is more easy to draw and animate existing city and building, it can also be really difficult to create in every filler episodes new filler cities and filler characters..
And it can be more easy to use more recycling animation to save money.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
I don't think the travel formula will be used again in coming generation's.
I think ash will be stuck in one city or village, maybe going to school again or will live with the professor of the region maybe?
Ash will travel if it really needed, like going to gyms or doing some quests there etc.
The reason why i dont think theys will travel again like the old generation is it is more easy to draw and animate existing city and building, it can also be really difficult to create in every filler episodes new filler cities and filler characters..
And it can be more easy to use more recycling animation to save money.
you don't know that though. Remember, Sun and Moon made sense as a slice of life because unlike the past 6 Gens, it takes place of when Ash is on Vacation. There are no Gyms because the Alola League is under construction, but will be completed and Ash will compete in the final stages of the anime. Once he returns home, he will return to journeying as before. This was all just a break before returning to the old formula again, and I'm sure they will.

Reaction score
you don't know that though. Remember, Sun and Moon made sense as a slice of life because unlike the past 6 Gens, it takes place of when Ash is on Vacation. There are no Gyms because the Alola League is under construction, but will be completed and Ash will compete in the final stages of the anime. Once he returns home, he will return to journeying as before. This was all just a break before returning to the old formula again, and I'm sure they will.
Pokemon always had a slice of life aspect, Just in sun and moon it was way stronger than other series.
In other series like XY you can see the fillers was mostly about slice of life, just the difference between sun and moon fillers was for me that there was more team rocket and travel.
And thats also just my prediction, i personally would also love that ash is going to journey again.
But i have the feeling that the makers of anime maybe stop making some random filler cities,villages,characters etc for sake of a filler episode, and going to a more easier way to make a filler.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Pokemon always had a slice of life aspect, Just in sun and moon it was way stronger than other series.
In other series like XY you can see the fillers was mostly about slice of life, just the difference between sun and moon fillers was for me that there was more team rocket and travel.
And thats also just my prediction, i personally would also love that ash is going to journey again.
But i have the feeling that the makers of anime maybe stop making some random filler cities,villages,characters etc for sake of a filler episode, and going to a more easier way to make a filler.
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I expect the former to be the likely direction to go. Yes it is true that the Pokemon Movie formula since Volcanion has started slumping and have since tried different directions since, but I'm sure after Sun and Moon, they would try to go back to journeying with more of interesting directions and twists this time around.

Reaction score
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I expect the former to be the likely direction to go. Yes it is true that the Pokemon Movie formula since Volcanion has started slumping and have since tried different directions since, but I'm sure after Sun and Moon, they would try to go back to journeying with more of interesting directions and twists this time around.
I'm just predicting and, really hope so.
Because if i look at other animations studios it's not just pokemon, i see that today's studios are always going to more easier and money saving way.

Reaction score
Unless you're looking at a Western perspective. This is Japan we're dealing with here.
Well if west or animation in japan, making animes or cartoon can be really expensive.
But lets see what will happen, i really can't wait to see some first pictures or information about sword and shield anime. xD
Probably we have still long time until the first information come. :<
Especially what i'm curious about if the scottish female trainer will be companion of ash. xD
If she will really be in sword and shield anime hopefully she will also have a scottish accent in english version.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.