• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On top of that AmourShipping was doomed to fail from the day one because of Serena being Gen 6 player character's counterpart, there was no way this ship will go anywhere simply from outside-universe reasons.

I liked Serena though but they really went overboard with the shipping.
In pokemon shippings are there because of the community for making fanarts and fanfics, i dont think anyone really believe a shipping will happen in series itself especially if ash will get reset every new series.
Team Amour btw.

Now that Ash has become Alolan League Champion I believe the next series of the Anime will incorporate a lot of Pokemon Champions elements, however still be set in Galar.
Just as how the Hoenn Battle Frontier took place still but in Kanto.

Now that Ash has become Alolan League Champion I believe the next series of the Anime will incorporate a lot of Pokemon Champions elements, however still be set in Galar.
Just as how the Hoenn Battle Frontier took place still but in Kanto.
The tweet to the new anime said that with Galar being the main stage to the anime, it will also be set in the other Regions in the past.

Perhaps now with Champion Status, Ash would be invited to compete againat all the Champions at a Champions Tornament that will be held worldwide with Galar being the Finals. All the Champions to each Region will be there...

Lance of Kanto and Johto,
Steven Stone of Hoenn,
Cynthia of Sinnoh,
Iris of Unova,
Diantha of Kalos,
Ash of Alola,
Leon of Galar.

Last edited:
The tweet to the new anime said that with Galar being the main stage to the anime, it will also be set in the other Regions in the past.

Perhaps now with Champion Status, Ash would be invited to compete againat all the Champions at a Champions Tornament that will be held worldwide with Galar being the Finals. All the Champions to each Region will be there... Lance of Kanto and Johto, Steven Stone of Hoenn, Cynthia of Sinnoh, Iris of Unova, Diantha of Kalos, Ash of Alola and Leon of Galar.

Makes sense, although it'd probably be Alder instead of Iris.

I don't see ash is going anywhere except maybe the VA will retire or maybe want a break?
Other than that i don't see any reason why they would stop write ash?
I think it will be a another AU Ash as always.

He is still the Champion in the anime, Iris hasn't aimed for his post and was in Johto when we last saw her.
Perhaps by the time Ash competes in this Champions Tornament, he would find out that Iris would've become Champion of Unova. Anything's possible by this point.

Perhaps by the time Ash competes in this Champions Tornament, he would find out that Iris would've become Champion of Unova. Anything's possible by this point.
It'd be a bit too much of an asspull for me, since she hasn't even succeeded Drayden as Gym Leader yet. One step at a time is what I'd personally prefer.

That doesn't exist. You're most likely referring to the Champion Cup, which is just the E4 and Champion challenge.
No, that's the Champion League according to the anime. What the Champion Cup being referred here is essentially the PWT (or something similar).

No, that's the Champion League according to the anime. What the Champion Cup being referred here is essentially the PWT (or something similar).
I don't think that they're doing something like that unless either the anime is heavily inspired by Masters or Sword & Shield brings back the PWT.

I don't think that it will due to the extensive modeling work required.
Don't underestimate what GF has up their sleeves, reguardless of the Dex Cut.

Besides it is the Anime, they can do whatever they want with it. We would've understand your logic if the anime having the whole regions thing was just a leak or rumour. However with it being confirmed via tweet, anything can happen.

I think that most of the ideas here are too filled with fanservice.
meme.png

It is a speculation thread after all.

The anime has had a lot of non-game stuff, and besides, you'd think the Dex cut happened because they funneled effort into other aspects of the game (like a PWT)...
But still, it would require an extensive amount of modeling work and would take effort away from creating brand new characters. I don't think that the PWT is ever coming back unless GF decides to revert back to using sprites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom