• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really related to the current discussion, but I just had a thought. If a Galar character does cameo in S&M to help bridge the gap, then they would presumably be drawn in S&M's artstyle...

Opf, that would look weird, especially if Sword/Shield anime has a noticeably different artstyle shortly thereafter. :lapras:

I just look at how the anime does it, not the games. It is the Anime series after all. In Diamond and Pearl, Dawn does little else but act as Professor Rowan's Assistant if playing as Lucas. May and Serena are the only ones that act as the player's Rivals. Gloria may not be in the game, she can be if playing as her in the Wild Area.
I wouldn't count that because it's just a cameo, like the appearance of the opposite gendered PC in BW and BW2 in the Battle Subway.

I wonder if that statement from TV Tokyo means that SM will take the Whole Rest of 2019. I mean it has no reason to start when SwSh Games release since it exactly doesn't promote Gen 8. It starting in January 2020 seems the more likeliest to me.

Any idea what time it will be GMT?
2PM

I wonder if that statement from TV Tokyo means that SM will take the Whole Rest of 2019. I mean it has no reason to start when SwSh Games release since it exactly doesn't promote Gen 8. It starting in January 2020 seems the more likeliest to me.

I doubt it. It'll likely end in October 20th, with the new anime beginning in 17th November, since it will showcase Galar as the stage, but will also be set in the other 7 Regions.

2PM

I doubt it. It'll likely end in October 20th, with the new anime beginning in 17th November, since it will showcase Galar as the stage, but will also be set in the other 7 Regions.
Once again it never said Galar will be the Main Stage. We don't know that if it will or if it will not. From a Casuals Perspective, when you read the text and watch the teaser, the impression it gives off is that it will tell a story like Generations featuring all Regions from Kanto-Galar.

Once again it never said Galar will be the Main Stage. We don't know that if it will or if it will not. From a Casuals Perspective, when you read the text and watch the teaser, the impression it gives off is that it will tell a story like Generations featuring all Regions from Kanto-Galar.
Then how come they're showing the Galar starters? Why not Kanto?

Then how come they're showing the Galar starters? Why not Kanto?
The context of the Tweet is "Pokemon you have seen in the Past", which means Legendaries and Mythicals according to the Stock Art, "And New Pokémon you haven't seen" which in this case is Galar Mons. Since they are the New Starters they would show off Artwork of them first.

The context of the Tweet is "Pokemon you have seen in the Past", which means Legendaries and Mythicals according to the Stock Art, "And New Pokémon you haven't seen" which in this case is Galar Mons. Since they are the New Starters they would show off Artwork of them first.
So you're one of those on sides with the retelling Pokemon series from Kanto to Galar then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom