• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • ME finally got off his butt and has started his own LP of Platinum version. Watch the chaos unfold here.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
It is weird not having any official Gen8 Ash art revealed...
Makes me wonder, since S&M Ash took cues from Elio's clothing scheme, will SW/SH Ash then take inspiration from Victor possibly? :unsure:

Reaction score
Victor's outfit is too red. Ash always had clothes where blue is dominant.

But again nothing is impossible now...

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
The cap and jacket, but the rest will be Victors
I think that what you're saying is that Ash will wear Chase's outfit, which makes no sense considering that this new saga will promote Sword & Shield, not LGPE.
Victor's outfit is too red. Ash always had clothes where blue is dominant.

But again nothing is impossible now...
Yeah. I think that Ash going without a baseball cap is possible.

Reaction score
Do you think Viktor will be the main character? I am a little bit tired about Ash.

웃♥유
Reaction score
I don't see why Ash's ShSw design would take cues from Chase's design. The Kanto remakes haven't been relevant for several months, so there'd be no point in making Ash's ShSw outfit resemble Chase's imo. He'll almost certainly have clothing that closely resembles Victor's clothes, although hopefully without the beanie because I don't want Ash to look like Double D.

Always happy to help
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to seeing how Gen 8 looks, Gen 6 art was definitely my favorite

Someone
Reaction score
I don't see why Ash's ShSw design would take cues from Chase's design. The Kanto remakes haven't been relevant for several months, so there'd be no point in making Ash's ShSw outfit resemble Chase's imo. He'll almost certainly have clothing that closely resembles Victor's clothes, although hopefully without the beanie because I don't want Ash to look like Double D.
I'm really looking forward to seeing how Gen 8 looks, Gen 6 art was definitely my favorite
Whatever outfit it is, I hope he looks more broad-shouldered like this, makes him look more mature.

Hated how several animators (excluding Iwane) made his torso look compressed or small in XY.

Reaction score
If this is going to be a continuation of TV Anime Ash and the Main Focus is on Galar, which I don't think it will, then he'll either get one of the starters or all three. If he gets one then it will definitely be Sobble due to the lack of Water Type in SM.

On Ash's Clothes, they could take inspiration from Chase because it fits Ash much better and at the same time it is similar to Victor's Clothes in SwSh.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
If this is going to be a continuation of TV Anime Ash and the Main Focus is on Galar, which I don't think it will, then he'll either get one of the starters or all three. If he gets one then it will definitely be Sobble due to the lack of Water Type in SM.

On Ash's Clothes, they could take inspiration from Chase because it fits Ash much better and at the same time it is similar to Victor's Clothes in SwSh.
The latter I agree, the former, I disagree.

Reaction score
I hope for both Viktor and Gloria. However I don't want to see again the female character that follows Ash without doing anything important. I would like to see something like Pokemon Chronicles.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score

To , Ash wearing Chase's clothes would mean that Kanto would take center stage, not Galar.

Status
Not open for further replies.