• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the designs. It feels a bit weird if Ash wears shorts in Galar, but I think they made his design with all regions in mind, not just Galar.

I know it is far too early for a storyline prediction with this new series but I would love to see Ash teaching the other character things he learned in past regions. Maybe the other character can teach Ash about Galar's features. This would be a nice dynamic between the two :)

I like the designs. It feels a bit weird if Ash wears shorts in Galar, but I think they made his design with all regions in mind, not just Galar.

I know it is far too early for a storyline prediction with this new series but I would love to see Ash teaching the other character through the past regions with his knowledge and experience. Maybe the other character can teach Ash about Galar's features. This would be a nice dynamic between the two :)
I don't think that they would do that unless this new girl outright replaces Ash as the main character starting in Gen 9.

The big question is why is the Galar trainer traveling the world? It only remotely gives them credence, though. Seeing Galar itself is still more interesting.

I liked the new character, but I'm not sure I'll like this series as much as the others.

Initially, it doesn't look like a reboot, nor the drastic change I was imagining. But only the Ash we know traveling around the world. Something they can easily change in mid-season if they want to, or even in the next gen. Not the substantial change I was expecting, honestly.

I'm ok with that, but I don't know what to expect from a series of Ash traveling the world.

Its clear not everything is on this poster. It only focuses on Ash and the companion. First Alola poster didn't had Team Rocket either. It only had the companions/classmates, Kukui and Oak.
Yes the SM one hat the TRio, with Bewear

The new trainer looks quite androgynous from my point of view. I thought this was a male at first.

Where is the Trio?
Ash, Pikachu, Jessie, James, and Meowth are the only real characters in the series, so the latter three will turn up in the SwSh series. We can expect a trailer on Sunday with them.
Ash here looks so much younger, almost like he is Max or Bonnie's age.
So, not only is Ash not allowed to age foreword, this pretty much means winning leagues makes him age backwards, but still remain 10. A few more league wins, and we've be seeing the adventures of what looks like a 5-year-old Ash in some unannounced region 30 years down the ladder.

Meowth and wobbuffet are on the poster. Meowth in the arms of Dragonite. Why not Jessie and James ? ... I hope they have a good screentime...

She might be some rival or Gym Leader that we don't know about. She could even be Opal, the leaked Fairy-type Gym Leader.
Doubt that is That leaked Gym Leader, since the only Pokémon she has is Scorbunny.
Opal is described of being an actress, so I can only imagine her of being someone older.

Is this new character a boy or a girl? It is a bit hard to tell. It looks like a boy first, but when I look a bit closer the character has slightly visible eyelashes that you mostly see only on female characters. Maybe the new character is actually a girl but for some reason wants to pretend that she is a boy. Or she is just a very boyish girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom