• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt that is That leaked Gym Leader, since the only Pokémon she has is Scorbunny.
Opal is described of being an actress, so I can only imagine her of being someone older.
Opal can be a young actress. Also, Scorbunny could evolve into a Fairy-type, so I could see Opal using it.

Hmmm... sounds like modern woke society.
I wouldn't go that far. I just not that this is the case. If people focus too much on being politically correct, then they will forget about really important stuff like the fun. I just cross my fingers and hope that this girl will not be some way to force in an agenda.

I wouldn't go that far. I just not that this is the case. If people focus too much on being politically correct, then they will forget about really important stuff like the fun. I just cross my fingers and hope that this girl will not be some way to force in an agenda.
Pokemon is a Japanese franchise. I highly doubt that's happening unless an American company takes over the anime.

This thread goes so fast dvor's post should have a threadmark.

Also, I know this is just my opinion, but in addition to the other changes (like of the series name), the fact they travel the world, and that coincidentally the dex is a smartphone now, just makes me believe even more that this change in the series was a GO influence.

Last edited:
Having for once only two characters in the main group could actually let to a better story pacing. Pokémon always crowed itself to much with characters.

Okay, this looks pretty legit. And it doesn't look too bad in my opinion. Though I really don't see anything that conclusively says this is an AU.

So maybe this is a stupid question but what is the landmark that represents Kanto supposed to be? The others are Tin Tower (Johto), Mt. Chimney (Hoenn), Mt. Coronet (Sinnoh), Driftveil Drawbridge (Unova), Lumiose Tower (Kalos), a tropical setting (Alola) and the Big Ben-like tower (Galar) but I really can't seem to recognize what Kanto is supposed to be.

I'm thinking that Ash is getting neither Grookey or Sobble because I think that if he was then they would be shown alongside him in the poster because of how marketable the starters are.

I think that this new character is a girl because I highly doubt that they would not have a female character on the main cast.

Yeah, when I went to art school the teachers also told me, that you must have at least one strong, the independent female character in your group.

Yeah, when I went to art school the teachers also told me, that you must have at least one strong, the independent female character in your group.
It's mostly because the show is trying to appeal to both genders, as not having a female main character may turn young girls away from the series and give the image that Pokemon is only for boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom