• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Okay, this looks pretty legit. And it doesn't look too bad in my opinion. Though I really don't see anything that conclusively says this is an AU.

So maybe this is a stupid question but what is the landmark that represents Kanto supposed to be? The others are Tin Tower (Johto), Mt. Chimney (Hoenn), Mt. Coronet (Sinnoh), Driftveil Drawbridge (Unova), Lumiose Tower (Kalos), a tropical setting (Alola) and the Big Ben-like tower (Galar) but I really can't seem to recognize what Kanto is supposed to be.
Cinnabar mansion?

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
I'm thinking that Ash is getting neither Grookey or Sobble because I think that if he was then they would be shown alongside him in the poster because of how marketable the starters are.
Sobble in the 2020 calendar is more close to Scorbunny, so it’s likely.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
It's mostly because the show is trying to appeal to both genders, as not having a female main character may turn young girls away from the series and give the image that Pokemon is only for boys.
Yeah, that's why. You can have both groups. If you do not have any elements that appeal to girls, you will lose half of your audience.

Majestic
Reaction score
Cinnabar mansion?
Not a bad guess if you ask me, but I think it's always been mostly portrayed as decrepit and worn down.

My best guess would be Celadon University, which has actually never appeared in the games or the anime.

Reaction score
I'm Finally interested in the anime again; because Bye Bye Alola Artstyle, & Don't you dare come back!! and hello Superior Galarian Artstyle I'm so Happy that the artstyle is Finally GOOD again!!

Lets have a Blast
Reaction score
I'm really hoping Bewear prevents Team Rocket from leaving Alola, they are better off selling Malasdas or anything other than stealing Pokemon

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Not a bad guess if you ask me, but I think it's always been mostly portrayed as decrepit and worn down.

My best guess would be Celadon University, which has actually never appeared in the games or the anime.
Or a new location in kanto, like a World Champions League

Reaction score
I think the Squirtle and Bulbasaur are Ash’s since there is no Charmander in sight (but there is a Charizard)

Reaction score

You're right, looking again it doesn't look like an old building. I thought of it because of the Ditto there. But looking at it again, it should be something else.

And yeah, Celadon University looks like a better guess.

Last edited:
追放されたバカ
Reaction score
The only thing that kinda worries me is, that the Galar region will not have a chance to really shine in the new anime since it has to share the spotlight with all of the other 7 regions.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
The only thing that kinda worries me is, that the Galar region will not have a chance to really shine in the new anime since it has to share the spotlight with all of the other 7 regions.
The only way it would be a problem is if they decided to reboot everything and have Ash travel the regions in sequential order.

Lets have a Blast
Reaction score
Maybe Galar will get more focus than the other regions

Reaction score
Ash looks less taller than SM ngl. But overall it looks cool and it seems to continue the Alolan Concept of having fun rather than having a linear goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.