• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highly doubtful that she is. She seems to be with Ash a lot in that trailer poster alone. Isn't there the saying ''A Picture is worth a thousand words?''. A rival is normally a lone wolf. This one seems to be with Ash a lot, indicating a companion. Also doubtful that she is a Gym Leader since she has a Scorbunny, nor is she a Fire Type Gym Leader.
Scorbunny might evolve into a Fire/Fairy type. Also, the girl using Scorbunny makes me think that this saga's group dynamic would be another repeat of AG's.

Scorbunny might evolve into a Fire/Fairy type. Also, the girl using Scorbunny makes me think that this saga's group dynamic would be another repeat of AG's.
More like another repeat of XY. Also, being a Tomboy doesn't always mean she'll go with the girly things. Remember Zoey? It's more than likely that Scorbunny would evolve into a Fire/Electric Type.

Ash looks less tall than SM ngl. But overall it looks cool and it seems to continue the Alolan Concept of having fun rather than having a linear goal.

Thank, freaking god! Pokémon should be in my eyes a fun adventure story, and not a serious drama like XY was. I personally do not get, why so many fans really want that back. For me, it was the most boring anime out of them all.

I Still looks more like Pokemon than Alola did; Alola looked more like One Piece, and that's NOT a good thing; since Pokemon is NOT One Piece, they're not even the same type of Show!!
Thank, freaking god! Pokémon should be in my eyes a fun adventure story, and not a serious drama like XY was. I personally do not get, why so many fans really want that back. For me, it was the most boring anime out of them all.
I Disagree. . . It's supposed to have a Focused Goal. . . Otherwise there's nothing worth sticking around for without any sort of serious goal for him to strive for!! Honestly; If Ash had to win; It should've been in Kalos, when I Actually gave a Rattata's A * * * about the Anime. . . Not when I had quit watching due to the crummy Artstyle & Utter Lack of Focus & A complete waste of Time & Care, since I hated the Artstyle ever since It was Revealed in Corocoro before SM001 even aired. . . But thankfully that Crummy Artstyle is Staying in Sun & Moon and NOT coming back; since this artstyle is a MASSIVE improvement; since it looks less S * * * * y & more like Actual Pokemon(EP001- Pokemon the Series: XYZ & Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You)

Last edited:
HAHA, I feel like I spoke that leak straight into existence :LOL:

At first glance, I really like the art style! I feel like it keeps the "cuteness" and fun of SM while taking some elements of past art styles as well. I definitely want to see it in motion, but it does look good on paper.

I also thought the companion was a boy at first, but upon further review, I do think she is actually a girl. If so, I like that she's got a bit of a different style! I'm as girly a girl as they come, but we've had so many of them on the main cast, I'd like to see something a little different this time around.

And Scorbunny on the main cast too, yes!!! I just sincerely hope they don't do it dirty like they've done some of my other favorite starters (Piplup and Oshawott, looking at you...)

The world traveling visuals are interesting. I'm glad they debunk the ideas of following multiple main characters because that would've ended up being a hot mess. I'm still interested how that's going to be incorporated in the show, however. The poster doesn't tell us much on that front. I'm honestly just happy we have more information than we had before.

I don't know whether or not this is an AU, but the art doesn't scream "this is Alola Champion Ash who is ready to take on the world."

I think I spot another new character surfing on Mantine, but they're too pixelated. It might just be the Scorbunny character with different clothes.

Attachments

• Dare.png
    Dare.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 71
Not when trying to give the new anime a different direction. Perhaps she is Iris done right.

Tomboys can have a bit of a feminine side. If they portrait the new girl as a hardcore tomboy with a rough boyish voice that hates everything girlish, then they are no better then the very girlish portrait characters one this show like Misty or Serena. I knew a tomboy that found some animals cute like Manatees and also liked nature.

If the writers write her to much like a typical tomboy, they will just replace one stereotype with another.

Tomboys can have a bit of a feminine side. If they portrait the new girl as a hardcore tomboy with a rough boyish voice that hates everything girlish, then they are no better then the very girlish portrait characters one this show like Misty or Serena. I knew a tomboy that found some animals cute like Manatees and also liked nature.

If the writers write her to much like a typical tomboy, they will just replace one stereotype with another.
And not only that, this girl might be the Fairy-type Gym Leader Opal herself.

I'd Say it'd be for A World Tournament. . . that's the Only reason I can think of. . . aside from Revisiting Old Friends & seeing how they've changed since the last time he saw them!!
I don't think that they would do that unless it's actually in Sword & Shield because otherwise doing that would be promoting a 7 year old DS game.

I don't know whether or not this is an AU, but the art doesn't scream "this is Alola Champion Ash who is ready to take on the world."

I think I spot another new character surfing on Mantine, but they're too pixelated. It might just be the Scorbunny character with different clothes.
It is the Tomboy, with Ash climbing on Alolan Exeggutor.

Unless this is... I don't think unless... I doubt...

Can't you use other words to describe than just using the same ones please?

Also, who is to say that Opan is a Fairy Type Gym Leader. That's on the same pile as Leon being the villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom