• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Animation 1 (Gen 1-Gen 2)
Pokemon Animation 2 (Gen 2-Gen 6)
Pokemon Animation 3 (Gen 7-Onwards)

Personally, I have no trouble with SM's animation style after you watch a load more episodes. It has gotten better I can say, though not as memorable as Animation 1 will ever be.

Pokemon Animation 1 (Gen 1-Gen 2)
Pokemon Animation 3 (Gen 7-Onwards)

Personally, I have no trouble with SM's animation style after you watch a load more episodes. It has gotten better I can say, though not as memorable as Animation 1 will ever be.
Honestly; I Prefer Animation 2; and hated Animation 3 from Before the first episode ever debuted; back when it was revealed in COROCORO magazine. . . and Don't wish to see Alola's Animation 3 ever again. . .

XY has a distinct style compared to DP and before. Gen 1 and 2 were a part of the same series, and Generation 3 switched to digital so that’s a change.

There's no pattern for maintaining an artstyle for any amount of generations:
Art style 1: OS (Gen 1 and 2)
Digital Art style 2: AG
Improvement on Digital Art style 2: DP
Art style 3: BW (différent eyes compared to other series, more polished)
Art style 4: XY (taller characters, fingernails, sharp edges)
Art style 5: SM

Effectively every series has a new art style, quite the opposite of what your list implied.

XY has a distinct style compared to DP and before. Gen 1 and 2 were a part of the same series, and Generation 3 switched to digital so that’s a change.

Effectively every series has a new art style, quite the opposite of what your list implied.
So likewise there's possibly a new anime style possibly for SwSh.

Probably too much to hope for but wish one or both of Ash's new companions would also compete for gym badges, more battles to make up for Sun and Moon
I kinda wished that when going from D/P to Best Wishes. Throughout D/P they had Ash encounter several Elite 4 and Cynthia and hinted at something called the Champion League, and with how well he worked as a battler/trainer many who were invested in the show at the time felt that Ash would win the Pokemon League and spend the next season taking part in the Champion League, especially when you add in the fact there were episodes of Brock helping Ash grow, having him learn about a lot of stuff that would make Ash be able to be more of a mentor... I and a lot of other fans I knew at the time felt that in the Gen 5 anime Ash would take on the Brock role of Mentor while going through the Champion League and a new character would take over as the Main Character going through the gym challenge, especially with the games having the supposed theme of a "New Beginning".

I kinda wished that when going from D/P to Best Wishes. Throughout D/P they had Ash encounter several Elite 4 and Cynthia and hinted at something called the Champion League, and with how well he worked as a battler/trainer many who were invested in the show at the time felt that Ash would win the Pokemon League and spend the next season taking part in the Champion League, especially when you add in the fact there were episodes of Brock helping Ash grow, having him learn about a lot of stuff that would make Ash be able to be more of a mentor... I and a lot of other fans I knew at the time felt that in the Gen 5 anime Ash would take on the Brock role of Mentor while going through the Champion League and a new character would take over as the Main Character going through the gym challenge, especially with the games having the supposed theme of a "New Beginning".

With the main characters, there is always one travelling without a goal, May, Dawn and Serena were travelling and entered contests whilst the other did little so would be nice to have something similar

Here's something that the next series should have, if it hasn't been done already...

A Jessie, James and Meowth counterpart that work with the evil Team of the Region as well as the usual Team Rocket Trio, with their own motto and everything, apart from the goofiness. Think of them like Cassidy and Butch, only slightly serious. You can have one episode where the two trios go up against each other. This would make it more refreshing when trying something new.

Hopefully Artstyle 6; is much closer to Artstyle 4, and Much less like Artstyle 5; and no Crummy Hybridized Artstyle like in The 21st Movie: The Power of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom