• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw the leaked poster and I'm already dissapointed. I can't belive they gave Scorbunny to a boy. It looks so much more fitting for a female character (like Gloria). :(

I'm almost 100% sure the new character is a girl, but she is designed to look very boyish and mostly will also act like one.

I just saw the leaked poster and I'm already dissapointed. I can't belive they gave Scorbunny to a boy. It looks so much more fitting for a female character (like Gloria). :(

On the bright side, I guess no male gym leader companion...maybe...hopefully...

Maybe go back and read my posts a few pages back. I was confused too but that is actually a girl.

She's a Tomboy like Zoey, look at her Reference and you can see the eyelashes and hairclips.

It's just observations based on the poster.
Grookey and Sobble are on the clock tower.

My guess is that the new series will start with Galar, then next year will be Sinnoh, and then after the other Regions.

She's a Tomboy like Zoey, look at her Reference and you can see the eyelashes and hairclips.

My guess is that the new series will start with Galar, then next year will be Sinnoh, and then after the other Regions.
Why Sinnoh first? Wouldn't Kanto make more sense after Galar?

So to promote the Gen 4 Remake, that's why.

Pokeshopper stated that there is a lot of Sinnoh merchandising coming out next year, indicating the possibility. The Anime is known for advertising the newest games, so it's not hard to see why they wouldn't pass Sinnoh in the wake of a Gen 4 Remake.

On one hand, DP is the next set of games expected to get remakes for the Switch. But who's to say the last few SM episodes/first few episodes of SwSh take place in Kanto as a last minute reflect of LGPE.

I Still think It looks better and More XY-Esque!!! since He looks nowhere near as Dopey as in my Least favorite Series of the show( for me, Sun & Moon is Tied for #1 worst series of the anime alongside Best Wishes)!!
You know, it isn't cool to pick fights with other people over their opinions, especially if you hate it and they are truly neutral to it.

So to promote the Gen 4 Remake, that's why.

Pokeshopper stated that there is a lot of Sinnoh merchandising coming out next year, indicating the possibility. The Anime is known for advertising the newest games, so it's not hard to see why they wouldn't pass Sinnoh in the wake of a Gen 4 Remake.
Stay dreaming, as long it isn't announced.

Because of the possibility that she might be the only companion, and not having a female companion will cause young girls to drop the series and people would be convinced that Pokemon is something only for boys.
To be fair, there are plenty of anime with an all-boy cast that is highly popular with the female audience. The very first season of Beyblade (the OS) was an all-boy cast that was fairly popular with the girls. Just wanted to throw it out there.

That doesn't mean Ash's new friend can't be a girl. I'm fine with the new friend being a girl. I'm fine with the new friend being a boy.

To be fair, there are plenty of anime with an all-boy cast that is highly popular with the female audience. The very first season of Beyblade (the OS) was an all-boy cast that was fairly popular with the girls. Just wanted to throw it out there.

That doesn't mean Ash's new friend can't be a girl. I'm fine with the new friend being a girl. I'm fine with the new friend being a boy.
She's clearly a tomboy with the eyelashes and hairclips.

I don't think that they're doing this whole region arc thing unless GF literally remakes all 7 past gens in Gen 8, but that's highly unrealistic.

Milo or Allister might still tag along.

So, I had a thought about this traveling companion set up: what if it is only a group of two because other characters will appear as "temporary" traveling group members?

The writers did an okay job juggling a group of 8 during SM (the Alola gang + Brock and Misty) but that was only for 4 episodes. That would be a massive undertaking for any longer stretch of time. But if you're only starting with Ash and the new girl, then it becomes a lot easier to add on a guest or two for a handful of episodes. So maybe those two go to Kanto, they travel with Brock and Misty for a bit. They go to Hoenn, May and Max join them. Sinnoh they team up with Dawn for a little while, so on and so on.

It can also open the door to other characters, not just former traveling companions. So if there are new characters they want to showcase in Galar for example, they can be a part of the group for a bit without becoming "permanent" members.

Or the writers are just exhausted after dealing with a group of 6 in SM lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom