• Snowy leaves Circhester and heads to Spikemuth. Watch here as his Rotom Bike learns to swim...somehow.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Blue Sweetheart
Reaction score
So, I had a thought about this traveling companion set up: what if it is only a group of two because other characters will appear as "temporary" traveling group members?

The writers did an okay job juggling a group of 8 during SM (the Alola gang + Brock and Misty) but that was only for 4 episodes. That would be a massive undertaking for any longer stretch of time. But if you're only starting with Ash and the new girl, then it becomes a lot easier to add on a guest or two for a handful of episodes. So maybe those two go to Kanto, they travel with Brock and Misty for a bit. They go to Hoenn, May and Max join them. Sinnoh they team up with Dawn for a little while, so on and so on.

It can also open the door to other characters, not just former traveling companions. So if there are new characters they want to showcase in Galar for example, they can be a part of the group for a bit without becoming "permanent" members.

Or the writers are just exhausted after dealing with a group of 6 in SM lol

TRUE POKEMON LOVER
Reaction score
Reaction score
I think the Squirtle and Bulbasaur are Ash’s since there is no Charmander in sight (but there is a Charizard)
Charmander is riding Charizard. But yeah, a lot of Ash's popular Pokemon are present, but it's hard to say whether they're his or if they're just shown due to popularity. But to be fair, most of these Pokemon are only as popular as they are because Ash had them in the first place.

Hops
Reaction score
Am I the only one who sees the resemblance between ash's and Leon's shoes

Watching over Ori and Ku
Reaction score
Excuse me have you looked at that eyelashes and tell me its a boy also have you not seen the hairclip?
View: https://twitter.com/CentroPokemon/status/1177602424938389504?s=20
Hairclips don't automatically mean female. Ever seen Kamen Rider W? His friend Philip wore several.
Yeah look at those eyelashes and besides pants doesnt totally equate to male automatically
Given current woke trends, I won't be surprised if they announce that character to be non-binary.

Reaction score
I don't think that they would do that unless it's actually in Sword & Shield because otherwise doing that would be promoting a 7 year old DS game.
Just because there was a world tournament in Black and White 2 doesn't mean there can't be a similar concept in the anime. It's a pretty universal idea. Also just saying, they ARE promoting a 7 year old DS game. Have you looked at the bottom of the poster?

Lets have a Blast
Reaction score
What I would really like to see is a female rival for Ash

Face the Darkness
Reaction score
Excuse me have you looked at that eyelashes and tell me its a boy also have you not seen the hairclip?
View: https://twitter.com/CentroPokemon/status/1177602424938389504?s=20
To be fair those are both hard to notice. You have to look at the zoomed-in picture of her face to notice her eyelashes and the hairclip could easily have been just been red-colored highlights in her hair.

Also can we not get offended at misgendering cartoon characters. I know gender is more important for some people than others but it's an honest mistake.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
To be fair those are both hard to notice. You have to look at the zoomed-in picture of her face to notice her eyelashes and the hairclip could easily have been just been red-colored highlights in her hair.

Also can we not get offended at misgendering cartoon characters. I know gender is more important for some people than others but it's an honest mistake.
TBH, I'm sick of it!

TRUE POKEMON LOVER
Reaction score

Actually I am going for a sarcastic joking vibe rather than an offended one. But all kidding aside if you look at "her" closeup design it is quite emphasize that "she" has long eyelashes

Face the Darkness
Reaction score
Actually I am going for a sarcastic joking vibe rather than an offended one. But all kidding aside if you look at "her" closeup design it is quite emphasize that "she" has long eyelashes
To be fair you also have to have an understanding of how anime characters are designed to know that long eyelashes + specific eye shape = female.

Reaction score
I'll personally wait on the character to have things shown in action and voice before I wonder about role and gender.

At least my guess is that Ash is going to be in Galar while 'Scorbunny Trainer' does the international thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.