• Snowy leaves Circhester and heads to Spikemuth. Watch here as his Rotom Bike learns to swim...somehow.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Fuji?!
Reaction score
Here's news from Pokeshopper
His opinion is not news. Let's not be desperate.

With the anime covering all regions, there will be a lot of merchandise with no ties to any games. Hell, that's been the case before.

I guess that's not going to be a major focus for this anime
One can only hope. That Snorlax does make me think of Dynamax, though.

Reaction score
His opinion is not news. Let's not be desperate.

With the anime covering all regions, there will be a lot of merchandise with no ties to any games. Hell, that's been the case before.

One can only hope.
What did the guy say, curious. Youtube on my end is acting up.

Lets have a Blast
Reaction score
Very hard to see anything in the background

I can see Alola Raichu, Dragonite, Legendary Birds, Latias and Latios and more

Reaction score
Took a closer look at the poster and noticed a few oddities:

croagunk and piplup.jpg

Croagunk saving Piplup. I find it weird that they're in Hoenn.

blacky shiron.jpg

This one is kind of hard to see. Umbreon and Alolan Vulpix. Again in the wrong regions, but this is clearly a reference to Gladion and Lillie.

kalos.jpg

And I just think it's odd that only 4 Kalos Pokemon are present; 3 of which were Ash's and 1 Bonnie's. (Noivern and Dedenne on top).

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Also I think it's time to return to the old 2020 calendar. Relevance of the Pokemon continues to check out with Pikachu and Scorbunny be front and center.
View attachment 125688
Except it shows Sylveon, Alolan Vulpix, and Shaymin. If this calendar means anything, then that means that we will be seeing Serena, Lillie, and Mallow return.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
I saw it. It's definitely Alolan Vulpix.
No that is Espeon, the picture is clearly blurring it's purple. Also to mention... Meowth is also in the arms of Dragonite.

Except it shows Sylveon, Alolan Vulpix, and Shaymin. If this calendar means anything, then that means that we will be seeing Serena, Lillie, and Mallow return.
With that Tomboy character being with Ash, the number count could be for each region

Kanto and Johto: Ash, Tomboy, Misty and Brock (4)
Hoenn: Ash, Tomboy, May and Max (4)
Sinnoh: Ash, Tomboy and Dawn (3)
Unova: Ash, Tomboy, Iris and Cilan (4)
Kalos: Ash, Tomboy, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie (5)
Alola: Ash, Tomboy, Lillie, Mallow, Lana, Sophocles and Kiawe (7)
Galar: Ash and Tomboy (2)

Somehow for lower numbers and cast, aside from Galar, I can see Sinnoh working with only 3 casts, But if lucky, so would Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Unova. How Kalos and Alola are going to juggle this will be your guess.

Reaction score
I honestly wanted to see how dynamaxing would be portrayed in the anime. Actual kaiju fights.
It was; way back before Gen 8 & Dynamaxing were even a thing. . . I Think it was in the Diamond & Pearl anime? Since Piplup was also Proto-Dynamaxed alongside Pikachu. . .

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
No that is Espeon, the picture is clearly blurring it's purple. Also to mention... Meowth is also in the arms of Dragonite.

With that Tomboy character being with Ash, the number count could be for each region

Kanto and Johto: Ash, Tomboy, Misty and Brock (4)
Hoenn: Ash, Tomboy, May and Max (4)
Sinnoh: Ash, Tomboy and Dawn (3)
Unova: Ash, Tomboy, Iris and Cilan (4)
Kalos: Ash, Tomboy, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie (5)
Alola: Ash, Tomboy, Lillie, Mallow, Lana, Sophocles and Kiawe (7)
Galar: Ash and Tomboy (2)

Somehow for lower numbers and cast, aside from Galar, I can see Sinnoh working with only 3 casts, But if lucky, so would Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Unova. How Kalos and Alola are going to juggle this will be your guess.
It's clearly Alolan Vulpix if you look at it hard enough. Also, Milo or Allister could still sneak onto the main cast. Remember, the DP poster showed Ash, Dawn, and Paul with no Brock in sight, and the BW poster didn't even have Ash on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.