• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Artstyle 6; is much closer to Artstyle 4, and Much less like Artstyle 5; and no Crummy Hybridized Artstyle like in The 21st Movie: The Power of Us
Film animation is more detailed than TV Animation you know? It would probably be something else entirely.

Not in topic to what I'm writing here, but I've seen the scene where Pokemon Hunter J's ship crashed for the first time and have come to a likely conclusion that J is alive still. What must've happened is that through frustration with her henchman, she stormed out of the bridge, opened a side door and used her Salamance to fly her out of there when the ship hit the whirlpool. She then threw her damaged glasses away whilst in flight, as if to fake her death (hence why her glasses floated down after the ship, rather than being stuck within the flooded bridge as it should), leaving her entire crew to perish.

Where she could've gone, your guess is as good as mine, but what if for Sinnoh reference to the Sword and Shield Anime, whether or not relating to the Gen 4 Remake, that she does return in the Galar Region, setting up shop with a new ship and henchmen there. Perhaps it could reveal more of her backstory and her organisation that she's part of. It's a long shot, but hay, anyone can dream.

Last edited:
@Champion Cynthia Sorry if this is gonna sound harsh, but don't you think your obsession with Sinnoh is getting a little too... I don't know, obsessive? I get that you love it (and, believe me, so do I), but do you really have to bring up Gen IV so often in threads that focus on Sword & Shield?

As for Hunter J, she is most certainly dead. As her ship was sinking into Lake Valor, her famous pair of visors started to float upwards, meaning she was still aboard her ship as it sank, which, in turn, means that she drowned along with her henchmen, so she's dead.

@Champion Cynthia Sorry if this is gonna sound harsh, but don't you think your obsession with Sinnoh is getting a little too... I don't know, obsessive? I get that you love it (and, believe me, so do I), but do you really have to bring up Gen IV so often in threads that focus on Sword & Shield?

As for Hunter J, she is most certainly dead. As her ship was sinking into Lake Valor, her famous pair of visors started to float upwards, meaning she was still aboard her ship as it sank, which, in turn, means that she drowned along with her henchmen, so she's dead.
Also, it's a kids show. They won't show the body.

@Champion Cynthia Sorry if this is gonna sound harsh, but don't you think your obsession with Sinnoh is getting a little too... I don't know, obsessive? I get that you love it (and, believe me, so do I), but do you really have to bring up Gen IV so often in threads that focus on Galar?

But knowing her ruthless streak, she would have had enough time to escape the ship. Seconds between the front hitting the water and before it's bridge (the small part on top) went into the water. You just don't see her escape. The glasses would've just bobbed within the bridge if she would've still been in there, but as it is, after you see the ship go underwater, you see her glasses being sucked down with it, and not floating upwards as you've described. Believe me, I have seen it.

Surly she wouldn't have gone down with the ship if she's that ruthless... Could she?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edCIZij51oM

Also, sorry for being Sinnoholic, I just have this hunch. I'll try and reduce it if it's getting on everyone's nerves.

Also, it's a kids show. They won't show the body.
Try saying that to a deleted scene from the Dub of Meowth's body floating head first in the water in ''The Sun, the Scare, the Secret Lair! ''

Kid show indeed (for a westerner)

It is likely we will get a Sinnoh reference of sorts in SwSh, they had Kanto references in Hoenn and Alola, Johto references in Sinnoh, references to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh in Unova, and I wasn't able to see much of XY because of life happening so I don't know if it had references to Hoenn... but usually when a remake comes out or in Unova's case a soft reboot occurs, they make references to previous series.

It is likely we will get a Sinnoh reference of sorts in SwSh, they had Kanto references in Hoenn and Alola, Johto references in Sinnoh, references to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh in Unova, and I wasn't able to see much of XY because of life happening so I don't know if it had references to Hoenn... but usually when a remake comes out or in Unova's case a soft reboot occurs, they make references to previous series.

* And it sounds more than likely that Sinnoh will probably get there's next year. They are very well due for one. Gen 7 did show a few Sinnoh hints here and there like the Rotomdex.

* FRLG came out 8 years after original, HGSS came out 10 years after original, ORAS came out 12 years after original. So next year being Pokemon's 24th year, and 14 years after original Gen 4.

* Being a new console on top of that, we are most likely and probably getting one, saving 2021 for the 25th Anniversary, which could be saved for Let's Go Johto.

* There was also a Munchlax in the player's house in SwSh, similar to the Kanto Meowth found in the player's house in SM, USUM.

* Yet, all this talk for Johto and Kalos, and yet they hardly ever bothered to think of Sinnoh.

* There was also GF being in Spain and Southern France researching the caves there, and one Tweet had Masuda standing beside a Cathedral. This could possibly be research for the Gen 4 remake being made around the same time as SwSh, hence the cave paintings being found in Celestic Town and the Cathedral being found in Hearthome City.

But anyway, these are just the findings and guesswork, nothing more, nothing less, but remains to be seen.

But then... If you listen closely to the screams when the glass broke, you do hear that of J's.

Yet, it won't be for another 6 months before we get to see the next series.

If Sword and Shield does come out around October/November, around November 12th, this would mark the 10th anniversary of J and Cyrus's defeat in the Diamond and Pearl Anime.

Last episode of Orange Island, Ash returns to Pallet Town and starts his journey to Johto.
Last episodes of Johto, Ash returns to Pallet Town and starts his journeys to Hoenn.
Last episode of Advance, Ash returns to Pallet Town and starts his journey to Sinnoh.
Last episode of Diamond and Pearl, Ash returns to Pallet Town. (First episode of Black and White, Ash travels to Unova)
Last episode of Black and White, Ash returns to Pallet Town and starts his journey to Kalos.
Last episode of XYZ, Ash returns to Pallet Town. (First episode of Sun and Moon, Ash is on vacation in Alola)

So Last episode of Sun and Moon could be Ash returning to Pallet Town and could either travel to Galar in that or first episode of Sword and Shield.

Last edited:
I think it'll be cool if another one of the companion is taking on the Galarian League aside from Ash. That would be really really interesting imo as that has never happened. It'll be even cooler if he is a runaway prince as someone had suggested early on in the thread.

The female companion getting Scorbunny could make her really popular with guys, especially if Scorbunny becomes a soccerbro eventually, though I think Ash would get Scorbunny.

I wish ash's companions are both the male and female characters so he won't get the fridge and the male character's clothes

I wish ash's companions are both the male and female characters so he won't get the fridge and the male character's clothes
Male Player Characters are always Ash Katchum I'm afraid. I'm expecting (and hoping) for there to be the Female Trainer as well as a Galar Gym Leader this time around. I do not wish for this to be another BW if it's that bad?

I want it be like this

A different art style going back to the older look but more up to date. Maybe like I Choose You.
A shonen and modern day drama theme going on
Ash to not be so happy go lucky. I want him to actually be more laid back and not so SM like. It would be a nice take to see him in that role.
A girl and a boy who are both new trainers and Ash is the actually mentor this time like Brock was.
The return of travelling
Mini tournaments like other series had.
No Team Rocket at all. I love them so much but I think it is time to drop them.
More battle heavy.
I really just want a series on the same level as DP or dare I say better.

I want it be like this

A different art style going back to the older look but more up to date. Maybe like I Choose You.
A shonen and modern day drama theme going on
Ash to not be so happy go lucky. I want him to actually be more laid back and not so SM like. It would be a nice take to see him in that role.
A girl and a boy who are both new trainers and Ash is the actually mentor this time like Brock was.
The return of travelling
Mini tournaments like other series had.
No Team Rocket at all. I love them so much but I think it is time to drop them.
More battle heavy.
I really just want a series on the same level as DP or dare I say better.
I agree with you there, except for Team Rocket, for they are the Darleks to Doctor Who, Strawberries and Cream, we can't really replace them. Throughout BW after DP, Wobblfett was left with the Team Rocket Headquarters before returning in XY. I would personally like what Gen 6 did by recycling the Trainer Formula from Gen 3, they could do the same with Gen 4. Ash, Female Trainer from Galar, Gym Leader from Galar.

I agree with you there, except for Team Rocket, for they are the Darleks to Doctor Who, Strawberries and Cream, we can't really replace them. Throughout BW after DP, Wobblfett was left with the Team Rocket Headquarters before returning in XY. I would personally like what Gen 6 did by recycling the Trainer Formula from Gen 3, they could do the same with Gen 4. Ash, Female Trainer from Galar, Gym Leader from Galar.
This would also mean bringing back the co star concept which I'm all for. Seeing a possible sporty girl would be nice too since it seems we have not really had one since May.

This would also mean bringing back the co star concept which I'm all for. Seeing a possible sporty girl would be nice too since it seems we have not really had one since May.
I thought Serena, Bonnie and Clemont were the Kalos counterpart to May, Max and Brock. I would personally see the Female Trainer and the Gym Leader being the Galar counterpart to Dawn and Brock.

I agree with you there, except for Team Rocket, for they are the Darleks to Doctor Who

I'm sorry, WHAT?!?! Are you comparing the TRio to some of the most heartless, dangerous and emotionless killing machines (to the point that they scream "Exterminate!") the Doctor Who universe has ever seen?

I get what you're trying to say, but, personally, I would have gone for something like "the C-3PO/R2-D2 of Star Wars" (or even "the Mickey of Doctor Who" if you really wanted a Doctor Who reference) than the Daleks.

Exactly; the same Art style; WITH DIFFERENT Clothes; Having the Brown Eyes from Pokemon the series: XY; and The Clothes of the Male Galar Player character. . .
The SM art to me works for Alola but at the end of the day I think Alola was just a break from regular anime. I am fine with calling it canon but I can't see the art or style working going forward. Even BW as out of place as it felt at the time fell more in line with the anime. I have a feeling YW played a role in what Gen 7 was personally but going forward I think the anime and games will feel more pokemon over anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom