• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Daiki Yamashita

And I see what they're doing. Just as having female companions is a way to attract eye candy for the boys, now it's the girl's turn.
That's Masamitsu Hidaka who said that, and as far as I know he doesn't work on the anime anymore. Not having a female companion is a horrible business mistake that will cost them in the end, as young girls tune out and once people start saying that Pokemon is only for boys it would be harder for girls to get into the franchise. I don't think that Pokemon can survive appealing to just one gender.

Watching over Ori and Ku
Reaction score
This topic turned erotic quite fast.

I think it's best to assume that the female companions will be each region's Pokegirls seen in the past. Really do hope the new boy is Ash's cousin or something, since that's an untapped story potential.

You will only shine if you are yourself!
Reaction score
This topic turned erotic quite fast.

I think it's best to assume that the female companions will be each region's Pokegirls seen in the past.
Jup would make sense tbh

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Are they going to summon the Yaoi fangirls!?
Try and stop them! They've already done plenty of inuendos in the anime in the past. cough Gardenia's obsession for Grass Types cough crossdressing cough Clemont and Arbok cough Toxipex cough...

This is obviously a field that they've yet to tap into.

You will only shine if you are yourself!
Reaction score
2 people also means more screentime for the pokemon, a well heard complaint here. I do not understand the problem. I see it as an opportunity to shake things up

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
The problem is that neither character is a girl.
Which will turn off some girls, but will also attract those who are yaoi fans (it's 2019). A win-win. Japan is a very unexpected place.

Hopefully there would be a female companion for Galar. Just as when they go to each region, they would be reunited with their former companions.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Which will turn off some girls, but will also attract those who are yaoi fans (it's 2019). Japan is a very unexpected place. A win-win

Hopefully there would be a female companion for Galar. Just as when they go to each region, they would be reunited with their former companions.
Also, not every girl is into Yaoi.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Also, not every girl is into Yaoi.
except some. Boys had the eye candy with the Female Companion, now it seems like this is the girl's turn with this new male character.

Galar to me feels a bit too masculine for a Region. I dunno, I suppose it's because of a lot of male characters and how much they represent in the games.

Kalos and Sinnoh I see them being feminine.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
except some. Boys had the eye candy with the Female Companion, now it seems like this is the girl's turn with this new male character.
Except it would be pissing off girls who aren't into Yaoi. Also, the guy who was all about eye candy (Hidaka) left the series after BW.

Reaction score
Its not only Ash and the boy for the main cast. Jessie is still a thing you know (Who is enough eyecandy on her own).

For all we know they are gonna reveal the girl companion at a later date or we get girls that are temporary companions for a couple of episodes (Like Bianca was for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.