• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's how I see in the series thus far...

GB/GBC: Original Series (consisting of Indigo, Orange Islands and Johto) [Ash, Misty and Brock] - Ends on a cliffhanger with Ash setting off to Hoenn (transitioning from GB/GBC to GBA)
GBA: Advance Series [Ash, May, Max and Brock] - Ends on a cliffhanger with Ash setting off to Sinnoh (transitioning from GBA to DS)

DS: Diamond and Pearl Series [Ash, Dawn and Brock] - Ends with Ash returning to Pallet Town (both Gen 4 and 5 are on the same console)
DS: Black and White Series [Ash, Iris and Cilan]- Ends on a cliffhanger with Ash setting off to Kalos (transitioning from DS to 3DS)
3DS: X and Y Series [Ash, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie]- Ends with Ash returning to Pallet Town (both Gen 6 and 7 are on the same console)

So from what we could see of happening...

3DS: Sun and Moon Series [Ash, Lilie, Kiawe, Mallow, Lana and Sophocles] - Ends on a cliffhanger with Ash setting off to Galar (transitioning from 3DS to Switch)

It looks as if Gen 8 is going to be a mix of the DS games with Gen 4 and Gen 5. Gen 4 because of the possible Gen 4 remake and similar feel to Sinnoh with Galar, and Gen 5 because we're likely going to get nearly 200 Pokemon this time to make 1000.

It's just a pattern that I observed. May, Dawn, and Serena all play significant roles if the player plays as the male PC while Hilda and Selene don't.
I fear that if they're going to go the Black and White route, then the story will be just as bad.

It's quite clear by this point that Game Freak doesn't want to make Pokemon anymore. They don't want to admit it but it's true. Why else would they focus some of their best employees to work on Town? It sounds to me like GF are still stuck in Kanto nostalgia, which isn't a bad thing, but from what I hear of the Pokemon in Galar exceeding 1000 with nearly 200 new Pokemon, just like Unova had with 150, I don't know what to think about the new series anymore.

It looks as if Gen 8 is going to be a mix of the DS games with Gen 4 and Gen 5. Gen 4 because of the possible Gen 4 remake and similar feel to Sinnoh with Galar, and Gen 5 because we're likely going to get nearly 200 Pokemon this time to make 1000.
And the mix is also going to include Generation 1 because every game has a base of Generation 1 and it’s a rebirth of the franchise on the Switch, Generation 3 because of restriction of transfer, Generation 6 because of similar ‘vibes’ to Kalos and the Britain-Europe connection, Generation 7 for having non-conventional Gyms.

This series is going to be a mix of Gen 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and might as well dump Gen 2 into it since Generation 2 was the sequel to Generation 1 and they share a single series- OS.

So in short, the Galar series will be inspired by Generations- I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII.

It's just a pattern that I observed. May, Dawn, and Serena all play significant roles if the player plays as the male PC while Hilda and Selene don't.
It's still just a coincidence. Haruka is still the gym leader's daughter, just like the PC, Hikari and Serena still had the PC's mother as their mother.

With Galar being based of the UK, wonder if the dub will employ some UK voice actors to fill some roles
Most definitely be the same generic american dubbing crew.

Although, changing subject. Since X and Y didn't do well despite having good praise for the series and movie, they could do something completely different for the Sword and Shield series, just like Sun and Moon.

Most definitely be the same generic american dubbing crew.

Although, changing subject. Since X and Y didn't do well despite having good praise for the series and movie, they could do something completely different for the Sword and Shield series, just like Sun and Moon.

Would be nice though to see them use a few UK actors

Since Gen 6 didn't go well, GF and the anime people might do something new and different again for Sword and Shield. Only, not a slice of life but completely new characters that are anime exclusives, just as the last two movies did with completely different companions.

I’m not sure if anyone has asked this, but… how do you think Ash will Dynamax his Pikachu?

In the games, we see the Pokémon being returned to the Pokéball and released as a kaiju, so how could they circumvent this issue with Pikachu? Force him into a Pokéball for the first time since Mewtwo Strikes Back, or some other unique method?

He'll probably Dynamax him without the PokeBall. The anime has broken game "rules" before. Like for the Z-Moves, technically the Pokemon should need to hold a Z-Crystal, but in the anime they don't. The PokeBall element Dynamax probably will just be ignored.

Going off-topic, it's weird how Brock returned in the AG and DP animes without any explanation, and that Misty and Brock are always together in the SM anime, despite breaking up over "Gotta Catch Ya Later!"...

Going off-topic, it's weird how Brock returned in the AG and DP animes without any explanation, and that Misty and Brock are always together in the SM anime, despite breaking up over "Gotta Catch Ya Later!"...
Nostalgia Trip for Game Freak for that one, it has been 20 years.

Since Gen 6 didn't go well, GF and the anime people might do something new and different again for Sword and Shield. Only, not a slice of life but completely new characters that are anime exclusives, just as the last two movies did with completely different companions.
I think that they're going to still use game characters for companions.

But we also see the female character roam about in some form in the Wild Area via multiplayer, interacting with the player you choose. Perhaps they'll do something different this time with her. Yes there are also other male characters as well, but perhaps there is a chance.

But we also see the female character roam about in some form in the Wild Area via multiplayer, interacting with the player you choose. Perhaps they'll do something different this time with her. Yes there are also other male characters as well, but perhaps there is a chance.
I would actually consider that a reason against the game's female protagonist being in the anime as a part of the main cast. I seriously doubt she's an NPC in the actual game when she can already spawn in the overworld through multiplayer.

Of course, there's absolutely no reason to be sure they'll keep only including NPCs to the main cast (excluding anime original characters), but there's no reason to believe otherwise anyway.

Sonia will then have the same issue people have with Nessa and Mila. She is just way too tall and old to be a companion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom