• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So since Ash learned about Mega Evolution in episode 2 of XY and Z-Moves in episode 1 of SuMo, I'm gonna guess he learns about Dynamax in the first few episodes of SwSh. Now we already know Pikachu will likely be the first one of Ash's Pokemon to Dynamax, but is it too much to hope that he isn't the one to use it in Ash's 1st gym battle? I feel like Pikachu got so much more focus than the others with the Z-Moves, so I'd like to see Dynamax more spread out among Ash's team. I'd really one of Ash's early Galar captures Dynamax and star in his first gym battle. It probably won't happen, but I can dream :p

I can see Ash and Team Rocket using the dynamax technique the most. But only if the rumours about Dynamax Meowth are true.

Is it too much to hope that dynamax is treated more like mega was in XY and not hardly used at all by main characters instead of the Z move barrage of SM?
I'm not a fan of either, tbh. I think a middle ground can happen where Dynamax is somewhat accessible to the main cast without it feeling over-used.

Especially if we get 8 gym battles were it's a David and Goliath dynamic in every fight.

Considering Meowth is a wild mon, he cannot Dynamax.
Wild Pokemon can use Z-Moves in the anime.

We’re going to see a few rules being bended anyway because Pikachu’s going to Dynamax and the games require Pokemon to go in their balls before doing so.

They'll probably be able to keep Dynamax just for Gym and Max Raid Battles to match with the games, or at least not use them that often outside of those settings. It would be interesting to see how the anime tackles a Max Raid Battle though. A group of characters fighting together in the hopes of catching a giant Pokemon sounds pretty awesome.

It would be interesting if when after the Alola League, Ash would be confronted by Chairman Rose and Oleana who had been watching Alola's First League, and is so impressed that he gives Ash his endorsement to compete in the Galar League, thus setting the stage for the Sword and Shield anime.

Also, if the leak is true about Marnie, I can imagine her being someone like Paul that happens to have Team Yell backing her side every step of the way. The glammer girl with a serious edge, sorta like Rika from Digimon Tamers. Someone to get Ash's blood boiling.

I won't mind that, as long as it happens at the end of the saga (Or a proper re-union), since that gives Mareanie a proper sent-off, rather than with Cacnea who never appeared afterwards so we could see how stronger it became.

However, the problem is that Mareanie is in love with James (Unlike Cacnea).

tbh, I personally see Cacnea as a little child that sees James as like a father figure, whilst Gardenia eventually a mother figure.

Last edited:
It would be interesting if when after the Alola League, Ash would be confronted by Chairman Rose and Oleana who had been watching Alola's First League, and is so impressed that he gives Ash his endorsement to compete in the Galar League, thus setting the stage for the Sword and Shield anime.
I don't think that's happening unless Ash wins the league and defeats the Masked Royal in the exhibition match afterwards.

I don't think that's happening unless Ash wins the league and defeats the Masked Royal in the exhibition match afterwards.
Also, I don't think Bewear, Stuffle, Mimikyu and Mareenie are going to carry over for the Sword and Shield anime since in Black and White, Team Rocket had to leave their Pokemon behind, regardless. Bewear and Stuffle were only gags for the Sun and Moon series alone.

Which is the most reasonable outcome, so...
Except that would mean that Ash can't go to Galar unless he gives up his Champion title, because otherwise he would have to stay in Alola and defend his title in the next league conference, where he would be the opponent faced in the exhibition match rather than Kukui.

Except that would mean that Ash can't go to Galar unless he gives up his Champion title, because otherwise he would have to stay in Alola and defend his title in the next league conference, where he would be the opponent faced in the exhibition match rather than Kukui.
Whether Ash wins or lose, Chairman Rose would see talent enough in Ash for his endorsement to Galar.

I think that Chairman Rose will endorse the main rival while Ash is instead endorsed by a smaller group for the purposes of making Ash the underdog, as the underdog is almost always the protagonist in sports related media.

I think that Chairman Rose will endorse the main rival while Ash is instead endorsed by a smaller group for the purposes of making Ash the underdog, as the underdog is almost always the protagonist in sports related media.
Good idea, Ash has always been the leader, in order to prove that, he must sacrifice by letting others take the spotlight. That's the problem with Ash's character, we've all been there in our youth sadly.

That logic still doesn't make sense when we have seen other trainers who have won previous Pokemon Leagues go off on their own journeys. There was nothing to indicate that they'd had to face the Elite 4 or defend their titles. Ash winning the Alola League wouldn't necessarily make him the Champion of the Elite 4. He'd just win a Pokemon League. Ash defeating the Champion of the Orange Island also didn't mean he'd have to stay and defend his new title. Yeah, it wasn't based off the games, but the Alola League isn't really similar to the games either. The Island Challenge doesn't even matter beyond Ash getting some Z-Crystals. I still don't think Ash has a huge chance of winning the Alola League, but regardless, I really don't think that Ash winning a League with few battle active trainers even participating in it would make it impossible for him to go to the Galar region.

That would be an interesting way to lead into the next series, but I'm leading more towards Leon endorsing Ash after seeing his skills in the first episode or so of the SWSH series. It would tie into how the playable characters start their journeys and as much as they like Ash being the underdog, I think that they'd also like to make him stand out as an special trainer who grabbed the popular Champion Leon's attention so quickly.

That logic still doesn't make sense when we have seen other trainers who have won previous Pokemon Leagues go off on their own journeys. There was nothing to indicate that they'd had to face the Elite 4 or defend their titles. Ash winning the Alola League wouldn't necessarily make him the Champion of the Elite 4. He'd just win a Pokemon League. Ash defeating the Champion of the Orange Island also didn't mean he'd have to stay and defend his new title. Yeah, it wasn't based off the games, but the Alola League isn't really similar to the games either. The Island Challenge doesn't even matter beyond Ash getting some Z-Crystals. I still don't think Ash has a huge chance of winning the Alola League, but regardless, I really don't think that Ash winning a League with few battle active trainers even participating in it would make it impossible for him to go to the Galar region.

Well, while you aren't wrong about the past instances, what makes this case different is the fact that Kukui straight up said that the winner of the Alola League will automatically become the Champion of Alola when he announced the league (and I'm pretty sure that either him or the narator (or both) reiterated this multiple times after that). Meaning that, if Ash were to win this "league", he would become the Pokémon Champion of the Alola Region, meaning that he won't be able to participate in the Galar League. And even if he lost his battle against the Masked Royal (if he wins the league, that is), that won't change anything, since that's an exhibition match, meaning that the outcome of that match won't change the outcome of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom