• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Oh no! Please don't tell me we're going to start talking about the Ash's Starters count pattern again?

NinjutsuSen

Reaction score
I still can't see how Grookey could end up being Gloria's starter Pokemon when the much better fitting Scorbunny is also under the Pokemon she can choose from. It's not a question of what would be new (Grass starter to the female pc) but a question which starter fits a girl like her the most.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I still can't see how Grookey could end up being Gloria's starter Pokemon when the much better fitting Scorbunny is also under the Pokemon she can choose from. It's not a question of what would be new (Grass starter to the female pc) but a question which starter fits a girl like her the most.
Scorbunny doesn't suit her that much in my opinion. To me, Scorbunny suits Ash more. Also, Gloria might not even be a companion.

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Scorbunny doesn't suit her that much in my opinion. To me, Scorbunny suits Ash more. Also, Gloria might not even be a companion.
Let's see what the next trailer will show when it comes to Gym Leaders.

Okay, so the Finals of the Alola League is on September 8th in episode SM138.
6 Episodes are left after that, so in these last episode, we see Mallow fulfilling Shaymin's goals, Lillie and Gladion finally finding their father and the Graduation from Pokemon School. Anything can happen throughout this time. Either end self-contained or be a cliffhanger when learning about Galar.
Sun and Moon will then end on 20th October with SM144. (not yet shown)
Then there is the 3 week hiatus before SWSH001 & SWSH002 on November 17th (not yet shown)

Greninjaman

Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
Okay, so the Finals of the Alola League is on September 8th in episode SM138.
6 Episodes are left after that, so in these last episode, we see Mallow fulfilling Shaymin's goals, Lillie and Gladion finally finding their father and the Graduation from Pokemon School. Anything can happen throughout this time. Either end self-contained or be a cliffhanger when learning about Galar.
Sun and Moon will then end on 20th October with SM144. (not yet shown)
Then there is the 3 week hiatus before SWSH001 & SWSH002 on November 17th (not yet shown)
How do we know a graduation will happen? When was the last time anything happened there that was school related?

KyseL

Reaction score
How do we know a graduation will happen? When was the last time anything happened there that was school related?
The word graduation was only ever mentioned in early promotional material before the show even started, I honestly don't even know why everyone keeps bringing it up as if it was guaranteed to happen or something.

GalacticRonpa

超高校級に忘れっぽい残念子さん
Reaction score
6 episodes after the league? I'm sorta doubting that all of those points you guys are saying that needs closure'll necessarily have one. We had no closure for that evil Calamanero back in XY for eg.

Besides, are we including possible breaks?

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Morpeko and Gloria?

Also, I quite see Bebe becoming another Paul, whilst Marnie a rival that happens to be the leader of an evil Team.

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Could Marnie be Ash’s first ever main female rival? She gives me Paul/Gladion like vibes.

Still no travel companion material imo apart from possibly Bea.
Bede also has that Paul feel as well, so perhaps there's two, with Marnie being the biggest.

Reaction score
I like Team Yell. Sure, they really a knockoff of Team Skull, but they really fit the sports theme of the Galar region. I'm okay with them. Bede comes off like a Paul inspiration. I can see him been Ash's main rival.

PTOldMan

Reaction score
So, now we know that Mareanie, Mimikyu and Bewear are in Galar, can I start to expect that for the first time since Unova Team Rocket are going to carry their Pokémon to the next region, possibly allowing them to have a bigger roster (as with Sinnoh)?
And Galarian Weezing, I can't wait to see how James will react to it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.