• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well let's just say you're gonna be pretty disappointed, as there's a certain Alolan character that's so massively popular that they're almost guaranteed to make a return appearance

Stock-In-USA-Warehouse-Large-Quartz-Crystal-Ball-250mm-Wedding-Venue-Table-Decorations-Christmas-Gifts.jpg

Unless Meltan has a connection in the plot with Galar? Even though it is an Alola Pokemon.

If it has a connection (which is not likely as it'll be a Zygarde rip-off then), it'll most likely showcase its Galarian roots at the end of the SM anime to form a climax like Zygarde 100% so that Ash has an excuse to release it (because let's face it, Ash must release at some point because it's Legendary and the end of the SM anime is the most logical time to do that).

If it has a connection (which is not likely as it'll be a Zygarde rip-off then), it'll most likely showcase its Galarian roots at the end of the SM anime to form a climax like Zygarde 100% so that Ash has an excuse to release it (because let's face it, Ash must release at some point because it's Legendary and the end of the SM anime is the most logical time to do that).

There is no reason to think it will be released, Ash doesn't have to get rid of it and it's friends with Rowlett.

I gotta say after watchong all the female PC memes, pls have her be the female companion, give her something to do and OMG I NEED HER TO BE SCOTTISH WITH A SHORT TEMPER!!!!!!

I'd actutall be up for that, as long as such behavior avoids going too close to O.G Misty and Iris. Tsundere variance please.

There is literally no reason to believe that will happen.

It'll be like Serena Fans all over again.

Here are Ash's Companions thus far...

Gen 1: Gym Leaders
Gen 2: Gym Leaders
Gen 3: Female Trainer, Gym Leader, Younger Sibling
Gen 4: Female Trainer, Gym Leader
Gen 5: Gym Leaders
Gen 6: Female Trainer, Gym Leader, Younger Sibling
Gen 7: Classmates, Gym Leaders

Gen 8: Female Trainer, Gym Leader (Most Likely)

It'll be like Serena Fans all over again.

Here are Ash's Companions thus far...

Gen 1: Gym Leaders
Gen 2: Gym Leaders
Gen 3: Female Trainer, Gym Leader, Younger Sibling
Gen 4: Female Trainer, Gym Leader
Gen 5: Gym Leaders
Gen 6: Female Trainer, Gym Leader, Younger Sibling
Gen 7: Classmates, Gym Leaders

Gen 8: Female Trainer, Gym Leader (Most Likely)
I don't think that Gen 8 will be the same as Gen 4.

It is twerking. Source:

I don't know. It still seems like a bit of a stretch based on I've seen of people twerking. Wagging one's bottom like a tail doesn't really give off that impression.

martianmister said:
They also put it into opening at some point, so it was in every episode.

I wasn't aware of that, so that's a mistake on my part.

martainmister said:
Being an extremely stupid thing to watch is enough reason to hate it, I think.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't hate it. I still think it was pretty ridiculous and I like SM. I just think people tend to over exaggerate it when it doesn't seem to be that common in the series.

He's actually done it 4 times (and 3rd time it didn't even make sense! HOW IS WIGGLING YOUR BUTT GONNA HELP LITTEN LEARN FIRE CHARGE?!?!). And, for me, that's 4 too many...

I only remember that he did it when first help Rockruff and then with Litten's Fire Charge. I don't recall doing it past that, but I'm either forgetting them or I haven't seen the episodes yet. While I don't like it either, I just think it's a bit much to get so caught up on something that he's done at most four times in the actual series.

XY had what kind of BW carry-overs?
SM doesn't have XY carry-overs.

SM is barely more popular than the dreadful BW.

I don't know about that. Even based on the reactions on this site, SM seems more mixed than downright hated like BW was. Plus, I do hear some praise for it on other site, so I don't think that the series is that unpopular. I don't know if they'll carry anything over from SM to the Sword/Shield series, but it wouldn't be surprised if they throw in some references at least.

I don't know about that. Even based on the reactions on this site, SM seems more mixed than downright hated like BW was. Plus, I do hear some praise for it on other site, so I don't think that the series is that unpopular. I don't know if they'll carry anything over from SM to the Sword/Shield series, but it wouldn't be surprised if they throw in some references at least.

I should have said that SM is the second least popular series. Also, I think that the likelihood of Kalos references is much higher than Alolan ones as Alola and Galar (Hawaii and Britain) don't have much relations unlike France and Britian. It's not coincidental that the continuity was disturbed after DP, as BW was the first region to take place outside of Japan.

Last edited:
Gen 4's anime wasn't anything like Gen 2's and Gen 7's anime wasn't anything like Gen 1's.
Just like Gen 3 didn't have connections to Gen 1 except for later on in the series to correlate with the Gen 1 remake with Misty returning and May getting a Squirtle. Gen 4 followed Gen 3 but without the younger sibling, and later correlates to the Gen 2 remake later on with Dawn getting a Cyndaquil.

Gen 1-4 are what I call the Japanese Regions because of their bases, whilst Gen 4-8 are the International Regions.

Gen 6 later correlated with Gen 3's remake by sharing the similar trainer pattern, Gen 7 correlated with the second Gen 1 remake by having Misty and Brock back, yet also having starters to trainers similar to that to Gen 4.

If Gen 8 is to correlate with Gen 4, then we would see a female trainer and a gym leader, but with different Pokemon swapped around.

it's just a rough guess, but you get the idea from what I'm trying to point out.

I should have said that SM is the second least popular series. Also, I think that the likelihood of Kalos references is much higher than Alolan ones as Alola and Galar (Hawaii and Britain) don't have much relations unlike France and Britian. It's not coincidental that the continuity was disturbed after DP, as BW was the first region to take place outside of Japan.

I've seen similar speculation about Kalos references before, but it feels like a bit of a stretch. Just because Kalos and Galar are based on countries close to each other doesn't really mean anything. It wouldn't be impossible for Galar and Kalos to be close by, but I just think that the reasoning doesn't make sense. Plus, it's kind of strange to argue that the continuity what disturbed after DP when BW has more references to past events than XY does. The opening shot of BW showed items Ash had gotten on his journey and Dawn eventually showed to further confirm that BW took place within the same continuity. Unova not being based on Japan doesn't have anything to do with the minimal references to past events.

It wouldn't be impossible for Galar and Kalos to be close by, but I just think that the reasoning doesn't make sense.

I don't see why that reasoning doesn't make sense. It's not like we've been in a similar situation before. Also, I'm not saying that there will be huge interactions between Kalos and Galar, I'm just saying that I think that the likelihood of Kalos references is much higher than Alolan ones. Which gives you a hint of how I personally don't see Alola and Galar working together although the latter is the former's transition.

Plus, it's kind of strange to argue that the continuity what disturbed after DP when BW has more references to past events than XY does. The opening shot of BW showed items Ash had gotten on his journey and Dawn eventually showed to further confirm that BW took place within the same continuity.

Let me rephrase that: continuity in the anime has gradually been decreasing since Gen V.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom