• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kinda hoping that we'll get the male and female player characters are companions but then again we might have to wait and see for the gym leaders before we'll know for certain.

My main concern would be, that they will going iritatingly over the top with British characters and their behaviour and accents, I don't like the sterotype

I'm kind of surprised that people are worried about character accents. I can definitely understand not liking over the top accents, but I'm not sure if that happens too often with the Japanese version and I don't recall the dub giving a lot of accents. We didn't get a lot of New York or French accents in BW and XY respectively, so I don't know why they'd use a lot of British accents in the upcoming Sword and Shield series.

In my mind their is increased chance because kid shows and amercian shows in general seem to like a sterotypical brit

I don't understand why having brittish accents'd be a problem if they use brittish VAs. In fact I hope that's the case in the english dub. If a pokémon region was made after Finland I'd want Fenno-Swedish VAs for the Swedish dub (it's only a minority language, but anything to get rid of the annoying Stockholm accent xD). When the region is based of a country that speaks the same language as its respective dub, I think it's only positive to use the appropriate accents.

It may not include many if any but their is a possibility because a lot of American shows seem to like having British characters, and that was based on France not Britain

Kalos is based off of France!

Though personally, I picture the slap stick, laid back humor to be replaced with British humor. (Absurdity, making fun of everyday life and other things.)

Huh. That’s true, isn’t it?

...We haven't even seen a poster for a Sword & Shield anime. I don't remember people talking about a Sun & Moon anime until we saw the first poster.

It's too early to be speculating about SS anime. We won't know anything about it at all until around the time the Alola League is happening.

Based on the fact that Sun & Moon was even more comedic than BW. I'm hoping that S/S will be more battle focused than XY. Also to the people who hated Ash getting "worshipped" by everyone in XY brace yourselves because that may come back too.

In even numbered generations Ash has made it farther than he ever did before . So that's why I think Ash winning the Galar league is POSSIBLE. Also gen IV Ash beat someone of equal experience in Paul, in gen VI he beat someone with less experience in Sawyer so Ash's Galar rival could be more traveled than Ash is.

Regarding rivals, one thing I've been looking forward to and hoping for since the very beginning of the anime was to have Ash's traveling companion also take on gym challenge and thus double as rival. Unfortunately closest we got was Ash ocassionaly taking part in contests and not even treating them seriously. I don't have much hope that it will happen this time either, but maybe?

I really hope we have more of a mature Ash in this series like XY I mean I enjoy goofy innocent Ash, but I really dislike it when a new series starts and its like he's forgotten everything he learned previously.

I think he's gonna end up with Scorbunny, but maybe even all three starters cause we haven't seen that since BW.

In my mind their is increased chance because kid shows and amercian shows in general seem to like a sterotypical brit

I can understand that concern and using stereotypical British accents for comedy certainly isn't uncommon. I just don't think the chances are that likely to happen here. I'm not sure if the Japanese version frequently uses accents from different countries, but the dub doesn't really do that too often. If 4Kids was still dubbing the series, then this concern would definitely be more warranted. They really loved giving characters random accents, including British ones. TPCI isn't completely against using accents obviously, but I don't think that they rely on them that often, especially for the main cast, so I don't know if we should be that worried about it yet.

...We haven't even seen a poster for a Sword & Shield anime. I don't remember people talking about a Sun & Moon anime until we saw the first poster.

It's too early to be speculating about SS anime. We won't know anything about it at all until around the time the Alola League is happening.

I'm pretty sure that there was a speculation thread made about the then upcoming Sun and Moon anime when the games were first announced too. I don't know if it got the same amount of attention compared to this one. We only got the titles, Solgaleo and Lunala when Sun/Moon were announced, but I don't think people waited until the first poster to really start speculating on SM.

We most likely won't hear anything official about the Sword and Shield anime until around the end of the Alola League. They don't even have a month release date for the games, so they obviously won't want to spoil new Pokemon characters through the anime, but I don't see any harm in doing speculation for the next series now. The trailer for Sword/Shield offers a lot of information about the region and the starters right off the bat, so there is some room to speculate how the next series could be handled and what starters Ash and/or his potential traveling companions could get.

You probably right it is unlikely their will be British type characters but it is logical enough in my mind to think about such a hypothetical situation

I’m really excited by the potential of the SS anime. I am hoping that after the SM experiment not going overly well, we see the pendulum swing to the other side. They really tried to soften the anime in SM, I’d love to see SS have more of an edge. Much more Battle heavy and more issues needing to be dealt with. I’d like to see Ash and crew stay in larger cities for longer than in previous series. I’d like Ash to catch only one on the starters and my preference would be sobble. It kinda seems like a mix between froakie and Scraggy. One thing that I think they should try that could have some interesting storyline potential is if one of Ash’s travel companions is also on a quest to the Pokémon league. The companion could be a new trainer and learns from Ash as previous companions have but with them also working towards the league it would add some interesting competitive aspects to the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom