• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think Ash will get all three started in SS and maybe even all three will evolve because so far it's gone like this.

Gen 1. Ash catches all three starters and Charmander evolves fully into Charizard.

Gen 2. Ash catches all three starters and Chikorita evolves into Bayleaf.

Gen 3. Ash catches Treecko who evolves fully into Sceptile.

Gen 4. Ash catches Turtwig and Chimchar and both fully evolve into Torterra and Infernape.

Gen 5. Ash catches all three starters and Tepig evolves into Pignite.

Gen 6. Ash catches Froakie, who fully evolves into Greninja.

Gen 7. Ash catches Rowlet and Litten, who evolves into Torracat. (And who I think might evolve into Inceneroar before the league.)

Now I don't think there's any pattern except for Ash will certainly get a starter, but if he does get all three in SS then I think there's a possibility that all three could evolve into their final forms.

I still think Ash will get all three started in SS and maybe even all three will evolve because so far it's gone like this.

Gen 1. Ash catches all three starters and Charmander evolves fully into Charizard.

Gen 4. Ash catches Turtwig and Chimchar and both fully evolve into Torterra and Infernape.

Gen 7. Ash catches Rowlet and Litten, who evolves into Torracat. (And who I think might evolve into Inceneroar before the league.)

Now I don't think there's any pattern except for Ash will certainly get a starter, but if he does get all three in SS then I think there's a possibility that all three could evolve into their final forms.
That’s only when Gen 1 and 2 is the same series and would believe so. Problem is is that Misty and Brock returned in Gen 7, and Popleo wasn’t chosen as a starter like Dawn’s Piplup. Also with Gen 6 you have a similar pattern to Gen 3, both have the female trainer having a Fire Type whilst Ash and the Gym Leader have one each but swapped in each Gen. Also they have a younger sibling. Yes, you could argue that the pattern with the starters is similar to Gen 4 in Gen 7, but when comparing trainers you realise a problem. Ash is with six classmates, and later two Gym Leaders, compaired with one female trainer and one Gym Leader. Gen 7 was actually more of a vacation arc if you catch my drift, Orange League style. If Gen 8 is to continue from Gen 6, and to coincide with the possible Gen 4 remake, then that would make sense to take the Gen 4 route by altering the pattern of Pokemon that the trainers got.

If Ash does get all 3 starters, he better not bring Meltan with him into Galar.

If Ash brings over Meltan and he gets all 3 starters, he would already have 5 out of 6 team members decided at the very beginning of the saga. He would have to rotate his team BW-style in order to show off the actual new Pokemon.
Unless he gets only 2 starters, there is no set pattern

And the possibility of him getting only 1 starter, but so far, that has only happened in series where a younger sibling is on the cast.
Meltan will probably be like Aipom in Diamond and Pearl, he got a bird and a grass starter, later a fire starter and then trading away aipom for a buizel. He’ll might do something similar with Melton. Either trade or release.

Meltan will probably be like Aipom in Diamond and Pearl, he got a bird and a grass starter, later a fire starter and then trading away aipom for a buizel. He’ll might do something similar with Melton. Either trade or release.
I think that Meltan will be given away to Oak for research at the end of SM.

I'm hoping for Galar to have it's own serious evil Team, or even a very serious Pokemon Hunter like J

When will Ash ever evolve his Gible and have it become a Gabite, or even a Garchomp?

Answer: Never.
Gible is not relevant to the anime anymore.
Neither is J and her watery grave.

enter ''Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons'' Reference here! OO

Anime-wise, I could see...

Unova (Johto) - after HGSS
Kalos (Hoenn) - Remake of Gen 3 ORAS
Alola (Kanto, Orange Islands) - Different Vacation variant to usual games and anime pattern, LGPE
Galar (Sinnoh) - Possible Remake of Gen 4

Animation will probably stay the same as Sun and Moon.

Unless there is proof of some other animation studio taking over after them, and if so please post? One comment on a youtube video said that the crew who did X and Y are coming back to do Sword and Shield, but yet there's not proof.

Okay, this is super minor, but I hope that in Sw/Sh Ash either sees Scorbunny, Grookey, and/or Sobble at the professor's lab once he gets to Galar or he is told by someone that they are the starters. As far as I remember, Alola never acknowledged Rowlet, Litten, or Popplio as the starters of the region, by Kukui or anyone else. It always felt weird to me considering Ash always at some point learns at least 1 of the starters of the region is a starter. In Alola, they were introduced as regular Pokemon. I'm not sure why that minor little detail bothers me so much, but it does, so hopefully the starters are introduced as such :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom