• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a thing does exist in the anime. Its called the Champion's League. If you win a regional league, you can go on to take on the Champion's League, but they never use it as an option for Ash. Ash could easily win a league, then go on to lose in the Champion's League. He loses there and realizes he needs to get stronger if he ever wants to reach the top, then he goes onto the next region.
Exactly; Why is that so hard for them to let him do. . . even if he does win a Regional League; it won't mean anything unless he takes on the elite 4 & champion in the Champion's League; and that way; he can win a league, but still be allowed to move to the next region; by losing to a member of the elite 4 in the champion's league. . . as a reason to continue his journey to get stronger. . .

Imagine if Pokemon Hunter J did make a return in Galar, where she managed to escape her sinking ship in Lake Valor in Sinnoh, and reframed to her other outpost located in Galar. Perhaps giving more to her backstory and even the guild that she's part of, their main secret base.

Or, she's like Ash's Primape, Jame's Cacnea and other characters that came and went, stuck to their respected Gens.

With Misty's return in Alola, could there possibly be the return of other Female Trainers in the future?

If Contests make a return in Galar, and the Female Trainer is into it, what if there could be a huge event where May, Dawn and Selena would be competing? Similar to the Wallace Cup

I doubt it. If anyone cameos next gen it might be Lillie, but I doubt we'll ever see May/Dawn/Serena again. Maybe Dawn has a slight chance if there are DP remakes in the next few years, but even then it's not a guarantee.

I, for one, would want Galar Ash to be somewhere between XY and SM.

I like how Kalos Ash has a great design, lots of competence and a compelling party. I like that he travels and employs strategies. But I do feel like he got blander and edgier as the series went along, to the point where he really felt more like a 17 year old than a 10 year old.

Alola Ash, one the other hand, has a delightful personality that fits a 10 year old just nicely: an excitable and curious goofball that likes to make friends and try new things. However, while he is a fairly competent battler, most of his wins are Z-move nukes or Thunder Armor-level bullshit (looking at you, hurricane-thunderbolt climbing. Also you, hapu battle) and he is always played as dumb or incompetent in other tasks for laughs. His design is... fine, it’s grown on me.

To sum it up, I’d want to see them blending these two together. A design that isn’t too childish and weird nor too mature and sharp, a personality that is lively and enjoyable but not over the top. I want good strategic battles to return but not all of them to have rock music blasting my ears and animation so swift you can barely see what’s going on at times (at least by the end of XYZ)

Last edited:
I, for one, would want Galar Ash to be somewhere between XY and SM.

I like how Kalos Ash has a great design, lots of competence and a compelling party. I like that he travels and employs strategies. But I do feel like he got blander and edgier as the series went along, to the point where he really felt more like a 17 year old than a 10 year old.

Alola Ash, one the other hand, has a delightful personality that fits a 10 year old just nicely: an excitable and curious goofball that likes to make friends and try new things. However, while he is a fairly competent battle, most of his wins are Z-move nukes or Thunder Armor-level bullshit (looking at you, hurricane-thunderbolt climbing. Also you, hapu battle) and he is always played as dumb or incompetent in other tasks for laughs. His design is... fine, it’s grown on me.

To sum it up, I’d want to see them blending these two together. A design that isn’t too childish and weird nor too mature and sharp, a personality that is lively and enjoyable but not over the top. I want good strategic battles to return but not all of them to have rock music blasting my ears and animation so swift you can barely see what’s going on at times (at least by the end of XYZ)
I Agree with how Kalos Ash had a great design, lots of competence and a compelling party and he travels and employs strategies; but I don't think he was bland at all; I Liked that he wasn't just the idiot he was in gen 1 and didn't suck anywhere near as bad like he did in Gen 5 where he lost to a * * * * ing idiot; and lost in the top 16; worse than in any Pokemon League before & since. . . even in the Indigo League, He Still made it to the top 8[I Liked that HE invited serena himself, she didn't jam or force her way into his entourage, like Misty did; and actually while he did have only 1 big verbal fight with her(unlike his CONSTANT Sanji & Zoro Esque UNFRIENDLY Banter with Misty; seriously; they got along as poorly as Sanji & Zoro, Buggy & Shanks, Edward Elric & Roy Mustang, etc; Why do people ship these two characters again?) it wasn't played for laughs, It was legitimately Depressing & Completely Serious; as he was severely Down-trodden about his loss; and She was ONLY trying to help him;] And I utterly disagree with your alola ash having a delightful personality(He reverted into an Idiot for Gags that WEREN'T EVEN FUNNY; And was a Human Pincushion for the Alolan Pokemon to Physically Abuse), and I want it to return to the way it was in Pokemon the series: XY; And keep that s****y alola artstyle in alola and ONLY in Alola; and the twerking, and the stupidity, and the Deviating away from his Series-long goal of being a Pokemon master(and NOT just to graduate), Basically every single thing from Sun & Moon. . .

in Gen 5 where he lost to a * * * * ing idiot; and lost in the top 16; worse than in any Pokemon League before & since. . . even in the Indigo League, He Still made it to the top 8

Actually, you have that reversed. Ash lost in the Top 16 in Kanto and got to the top 8 in Unova, though I can see how it would be easy to confuse the two since I would posit the idea that Ash's loss in Unova may well have been worse than his loss in Kanto considering that his opponent was, indeed, an idiot. It also did not help that Unova seemed to have a weaker crop of League opponents considering the fact that Katharine, a Trainer that was basically managed by her Gothitelle and who also lost to Ash before the League, managed to make to the Top 8 at the very least, with Dino, another opponent that Ash beat in a Don Battle tournament, made it to the Finals before getting beaten by Virgil, who handily beat Cameron (the guy who beat Ash) 6-3.

I Agree with how Kalos Ash had a great design, lots of competence and a compelling party and he travels and employs strategies; but I don't think he was bland at all; I Liked that he wasn't just the idiot he was in gen 1 and didn't suck anywhere near as bad like he did in Gen 5 where he lost to a * * * * ing idiot; and lost in the top 16; worse than in any Pokemon League before & since. . . even in the Indigo League, He Still made it to the top 8[I Liked that HE invited serena himself, she didn't jam or force her way into his entourage, like Misty did; and actually while he did have only 1 big verbal fight with her(unlike his CONSTANT Sanji & Zoro Esque UNFRIENDLY Banter with Misty; seriously; they got along as poorly as Sanji & Zoro, Buggy & Shanks, Edward Elric & Roy Mustang, etc; Why do people ship these two characters again?) it wasn't played for laughs, It was legitimately Depressing & Completely Serious; as he was severely Down-trodden about his loss; and She was ONLY trying to help him;] And I utterly disagree with your alola ash having a delightful personality(He reverted into an Idiot for Gags that WEREN'T EVEN FUNNY; And was a Human Pincushion for the Alolan Pokemon to Physically Abuse), and I want it to return to the way it was in Pokemon the series: XY; And keep that s****y alola artstyle in alola and ONLY in Alola; and the twerking, and the stupidity, and the Deviating away from his Series-long goal of being a Pokemon master(and NOT just to graduate), Basically every single thing from Sun & Moon. . .
Dude, chill... no need to bite me.

Anyway, to each their own. As I said, I like Ash’s alolan personality but moderately. I don’t like the over the top slapstick either. But I feel like he was a breath of fresh air compared to earlier series. But that’s me.

Dude, chill... no need to bite me.

Anyway, to each their own. As I said, I like Ash’s alolan personality but moderately. I don’t like the over the top slapstick either. But I feel like he was a breath of fresh air compared to earlier series. But that’s me.
and I Disagree; but I'm not gonna try to force my opinion onto you; so Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that. . .

Can't we just have the AG/DP art style back? Sure it's outdated and all but the art style of BW/XY is too artificial and soulless and SM's is too goofy and curvy. Also, can we have back Ash's nostalgic black eyes and Jessie's and James's original eyes plz?

Can't we just have the AG/DP art style back? Sure it's outdated and all but the art style of BW/XY is too artificial and soulless and SM's is too goofy and curvy. Also, can we have back Ash's nostalgic black eyes and Jessie's and James's original eyes plz?
You call SM goofy, I call it an enquired taste. It at least tries to make it more realistic.

NO WAY!!! I Loved his Brown Eyes; and I Loved the XY Series Artstyle; It's still much better than SUN & MOON ARTSTYLE!!!!

it going to be a slice of life anime again

don't get you hopes up

If I were you I’d not be talking with absolute certainty.
No one thought that we’d go to slice of life after XY so it’s possible for them to throw a curveball with a regular adventure series.

Plus, the recent series have been alternating between adventure and lesser battle focused and it’s the turn of a battle focused series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom