• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this is super minor, but I hope that in Sw/Sh Ash either sees Scorbunny, Grookey, and/or Sobble at the professor's lab once he gets to Galar or he is told by someone that they are the starters. As far as I remember, Alola never acknowledged Rowlet, Litten, or Popplio as the starters of the region, by Kukui or anyone else. It always felt weird to me considering Ash always at some point learns at least 1 of the starters of the region is a starter. In Alola, they were introduced as regular Pokemon. I'm not sure why that minor little detail bothers me so much, but it does, so hopefully the starters are introduced as such :p
I never understand the starter pokemon as a concept. They're supposed to be given to all new trainers, yet most characters never had one of them?

Just watched one of the Gen 4 episodes, and have just come to me compaired to memory now looking back...

Ash sounds like he has a sore throat compaired with the 4kids dub? Not that I have a problem, but something I have to get used to.

I do hope Sword and Shield the Anime will be more like X and Y, Diamond and Pearl with a mix of Sun and Moon, and not end up being like Black and White.

I never understand the starter pokemon as a concept. They're supposed to be given to all new trainers, yet most characters never had one of them?

I might be completely wrong, but I thought it was stated (or implied at least) that you only get the starters as your first Pokemon if you're from the location where the Professor gives them out. Hence why Dawn and Kenny choose a Pokemon from Rowan since they're from Twinleaf, but Zoey and Paul didn't since they're from other locations. But again, I could be wrong.

Them to write out the idea for a Galar-set arc and instead do a CGI shot-for-shot remake of Indigo League.

4365960i

Them to write out the idea for a Galar-set arc and instead do a CGI shot-for-shot remake of Indigo League.
Doubtful, seeing how the anime’s existence is to serve as a glorified commercial for the games, it’s unlikely they would pass on the chance promote the new generation.

Has anyone noticed how in the trailer for Sword and Shield that the Female Trainer had more screen time than the Male Trainer?

It's like as if hinting or foreshadowing the anime having the Female Trainer accompanying Ash on his journey

Has anyone noticed how in the trailer for Sword and Shield that the Female Trainer had more screen time than the Male Trainer?

It's like as if hinting or foreshadowing the anime having the Female Trainer accompanying Ash on his journey
Based on trends, the female protagonist only joins Ash if they play an important role in the games if the player picks the male protag. This was the case for May, Dawn, and Serena, but not for Hilda and Selene (Leaf, Kris, Lyra, and Rosa don't count, because they were either created too late to be considered as a companion or they were added in a remake or 3rd version of a game that originally did not have a selectable female player character).

The game teasers don't have anything to do with the anime tho. It might just be that they had more shots that they wanted to show with the female trainer than the male.

No.

They've never made a meme canon to the anime (at least as far as I know), so the answer is also no.
Ash will probably graduate when the Sun and Moon series ends

Based on trends, the female protagonist only joins Ash if they play an important role in the games if the player picks the male protag. This was the case for May, Dawn, and Serena, but not for Hilda and Selene (Leaf, Kris, Lyra, and Rosa don't count, because they were either created too late to be considered as a companion or they were added in a remake or 3rd version of a game that originally did not have a selectable female player character).
Perhaps this time the Female Trainer would accompany Ash with bigger dreams like Dawn.

I am going to make a bold prediction here. I am thinking that there is no chance of this actually happening, HOWEVER, if I end up being right, it would be the coolest thing ever.

I am going to predict that Serena, Clemont & Bonnie WILL return for a few episodes in the Sword & Shield anime series.

If you look back on the two surprise returns of Misty & Brock in the Sun & Moon anime, it was mostly done due to the loose connection Kanto & Alola have in the games, and then later to promote the Let's Go games. And there are currently quite a few rumors swirling that Galar & Kalos are not only connected to each other, but that we may even get to visit Kalos in the postgame.

So I am going to predict...that Clemont will be visiting Galar to check out some kind of science conference or inventions festival, which Serena won't enjoy as much because she feels that the steampunk motif doesn't suit her character - and so she spends time talking with Ash about her adventures in Hoenn & then either has a battle with Ash or decides to cheer him on in his next Stadium Gym battle.

It probably won't happen. But if I'm right, it would be amazing.

I do hope Sword and Shield the Anime will be more like X and Y, Diamond and Pearl with a mix of Sun and Moon, and not end up being like Black and White.

Amen to this. The last thing the anime needs after the XY & SM series is a repeat of Best Wishes that takes Ash right back to square one.

Last edited:
I am going to make a bold prediction here. I am thinking that there is no chance of this actually happening, HOWEVER, if I end up being right, it would be the coolest thing ever.

I am going to predict that Serena, Clemont & Bonnie WILL return for a few episodes in the Sword & Shield anime series.

If you look back on the two surprise returns of Misty & Brock in the Sun & Moon anime, it was mostly done due to the loose connection Kanto & Alola have in the games, and then later to promote the Let's Go games. And there are currently quite a few rumors swirling that Galar & Kalos are not only connected to each other, but that we may even get to visit Kalos in the postgame.

So I am going to predict...that Clemont will be visiting Galar to check out some kind of science conference or inventions festival, which Serena won't enjoy as much because she feels that the steampunk motif doesn't suit her character - and so she spends time talking with Ash about her adventures in Hoenn & then either has a battle with Ash or decides to cheer him on in his next Stadium Gym battle.

It probably won't happen. But if I'm right, it would be amazing.

Amen to this. The last thing the anime needs after the XY & SM series is a repeat of Best Wishes that takes Ash right back to square one.
Galar would probably have connections to Sinnoh due to the possible Gen 4 Remake, so would might end up having Cynthia make an appearance, like Steven did in Kalos. If Clemont and or Serena do make an appearance, it would probably be something similar to the Wallace Cup.

I wonder what attire Ash would have? no doubt it would be based on the Male Player to SwSh with the trousers, only having a top and hat Chase's in LGPE,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom