• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly; the same Art style; WITH DIFFERENT Clothes; Having the Brown Eyes from Pokemon the series: XY; and The Clothes of the Male Galar Player character. . .
It would probably be similar to Chase from LGPE, but with the trousers to SwSh

It'll be it's own series as a whole. We're only saying that it could be like DP and XY as in Battle Focus. However it could go SM seeing that's the past Saga XY, though impressive didn't do very well.
If we are talking about ratings I think something that should be factored in is just how people watch shows now.Some watch illegally while some wait for it be pre recorded or watch the next day. Not sure how it is in Japan or even how ratings work but if they are basing it off live ratings I think that would play a role. Though from what I hear a lot of shows are losing views so it is I guess not even a big thing. I mean with Pokemon I would understand views coming and going since it is such a long running show.

If we are talking about ratings I think something that should be factored in is just how people watch shows now.Some watch illegally while some wait for it be pre recorded or watch the next day. Not sure how it is in Japan or even how ratings work but if they are basing it off live ratings I think that would play a role. Though from what I hear a lot of shows are losing views so it is I guess not even a big thing. I mean with Pokemon I would understand views coming and going since it is such a long running show.
Point to note: Yo Kai Watch exploded in Japan when Gen 6 was released, it was only when Gen 7 was released that the hype of Yo Kai Watch began to decline.

Point to note: Yo Kai Watch exploded in Japan when Gen 6 was released, it was only when Gen 7 was released that the hype of Yo Kai Watch began to decline.
I think it is weird when I say to people YW was a big reason Gen 7 was what it was anime and game wise. It literally felt they fused the family SoL aspect with Pokemon. IF YW never was created I wonder how different Gen 7 would be. Would it even have been in Hawaii? TBH I can't help but feel SwSh might have been planned right after Gen 6 which location wise would make sense. It also makes me think how far in advance Game Freak plan things. Like for all we know maybe they have ideas for up to Gen 11 already. Not fleshed out ideas but maybe stuff like themes and locations

I think it is weird when I say to people YW was a big reason Gen 7 was what it was anime and game wise. It literally felt they fused the family SoL aspect with Pokemon. IF YW never was created I wonder how different Gen 7 would be. Would it even have been in Hawaii? TBH I can't help but feel SwSh might have been planned right after Gen 6 which location wise would make sense. It also makes me think how far in advance Game Freak plan things. Like for all we know maybe they have ideas for up to Gen 11 already. Not fleshed out ideas but maybe stuff like themes and locations

Anime wise certainly, but not sure about the games. Then again I don't know enough about the YK games to make a call there.

Anime wise certainly, but not sure about the games. Then again I don't know enough about the YK games to make a call there.
I only played YW 1 but Gen 7 did feel like it. Luckily Gen 8 seems to go back to the older style. Plus with what was said about LGPE being for new fans and SwSh being for older I am hoping it means a darker story and harder gameplay. Maybe finally difficult settings

I only played YW 1 but Gen 7 did feel like it. Luckily Gen 8 seems to go back to the older style. Plus with what was said about LGPE being for new fans and SwSh being for older I am hoping it means a darker story and harder gameplay. Maybe finally difficult settings
I don't think that will happen.

Surly she wouldn't have gone down with the ship if she's that ruthless... Could she?
  1. Gary and Team Galaxy would see her if she really did escape.
  2. She had no reason to fake her own death. She would lose her customers.
  3. There is no reason for her to abandon her own men if she can escape.
She's deader than Gary Oak and Tracey (What a terrible name for an artist!).

I'm curious how a Pokemon series with a mix of shonen and drama would work. Like having ash fight with a friend in the group to the point it is real conflict to where one of them leaves for a period of time. Fro example Ash is fighting with a girl to the point he leaves the group for a few episodes and we see a moody Ash on his own for a bit. Sure we have had Ash fight with friends but it was always wrapped up at the end of the episode.

Fro example Ash is fighting with a girl to the point he leaves the group for a few episodes and we see a moody Ash on his own for a bit. Sure we have had Ash fight with friends but it was always wrapped up at the end of the episode.

There was an arc in XYZ that was just that no?

Once the Ultra Guardians have managed to assist all the other Ultra Beasts than the unavailable Guzzlord, do you think that Lusamine will be able to let her Clefable go in farewell to her, so that Clefable have decided to vanished from her existence to move out to live into another dimension for her new home world for all eternity, no longer making her comeback?

....Did you get some of Grant Morrison's cookies before you tped this statement?

Once the Ultra Guardians have managed to assist all the other Ultra Beasts than the unavailable Guzzlord, do you think that Lusamine will be able to let her Clefable go in farewell to her, so that Clefable have decided to vanished from her existence to move out to live into another dimension for her new home world for all eternity, no longer making her comeback?
I agree with KrspaceT. What reason would be given for Lusamine to give up HER OWN Pokemon like that? It's her Pokemon. It's going to stay WITH HER, not in some random dimension. There's no reason to do that.

I think you are overthinkig previous patterns. They are just going to distribute the starters however they deem most "fitting" (reed marketable). I personally hope we get the female PC with sobble because they look really good together, but could see Ash getting it depending on how the evolutions turn out, which we of course don't know yet.
Yeah. The anime staff really don't care about fan created patterns. They already broke a bunch of them in XY and SM.

Yeah. GF really doesn't care about fan created patterns. They already broke a bunch of them in XY and SM.

Does Game Freak really have that much control of the anime beyond making the games they are based on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom