• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In which way do you think Alola was thematically similar to Hoenn and Sinnoh? And what those numbers even mean?
The numbers represent the past anime's themes and which point they're in. I simply compare the last series of Advance with the first parts of DP with Alola for the similar parallels. It's not altogether a fit, as this was just another theory. One of the newer episodes even has a Kyogre, which is similar to the 9th Pokemon Film. But then Mallow has a Shaymin.

Here's my wishlist for the Galar anime:

1. The saga is more battle oriented, fitting the supposed sports theme of the region.
  2. The main characters actually catch normal Pokemon instead of having special Pokemon shoved on them with no effort.
  3. Ash's starter (or starters) get better treatment and fight more than one opponent.
  4. The saga has better pacing and doesn't rush through important arcs.
  5. The companions get development throughout the saga and not at the very end.
  6. Ash has less companions than in Sun & Moon, with none of Sun & Moon's characters being carried over.

Here's my wishlist for the Galar anime:

1. The saga is more battle oriented, fitting the supposed sports theme of the region.
  2. The main characters actually catch normal Pokemon instead of having special Pokemon shoved on them with no effort.
  3. Ash's starter (or starters) get better treatment and fight more than one opponent.
  4. The saga has better pacing and doesn't rush through important arcs.
  5. The companions get development throughout the saga and not at the very end.
  6. Ash has less companions than in Sun & Moon, with none of Sun & Moon's characters being carried over.
Most of which will most likely the case...

Ash will probably just have the Female Trainer and one Gym Leader. Perhaps from the first City.

List of Gym Leaders and Types::

Gen 1, 2: Misty (Water)
Gen 1, 2, 3, 4: Brock (Rock)
Gen 5: Iris (Dragon)
Gen 5: Cilan (Grass)
Gen 6: Clemont (Electric)
Gen 7: Classmates: Kiawe (Fire), Mallow (Grass), Lana (Water), Sophocles (Electric)

You know what? Having a Fire Type Gym Leader as a companion would make things interesting for Sword and Shield.

Most of which will most likely the case...

Ash will probably just have the Female Trainer and one Gym Leader. Perhaps from the first City.

List of Gym Leaders and Types::

Gen 1, 2: Misty (Water)
Gen 1, 2, 3, 4: Brock (Rock)
Gen 5: Iris (Dragon)
Gen 5: Cilan (Grass)
Gen 6: Clemont (Electric)
Gen 7: Classmates: Kiawe (Fire), Mallow (Grass), Lana (Water), Sophocles (Electric)

You know what? Having a Fire Type Gym Leader as a companion would make things interesting for Sword and Shield.
We might not even have a Fire type Gym Leader in Galar.

We might not even have a Fire type Gym Leader in Galar.
Fire or Steel for the first city. Although many on the forum did point out that having Steel first gives the starters an unfair advantage. But then, you never know.

I think that Grass is first, but you never know until it's revealed.

Brock was 1st Gym Leader of Kanto, then Misty was 2nd.
Cilan was 1st Gym Leader of Unova, then Iris was 8th.
Clemont was 5th in Kalos.

Whichever order, it'll have to be male, and not Rock, Water, Dragon, Grass or Electric.

So either (Manchester) Fire or Steel, (Liverpool) Ice or Dark, (Sherewood Forest) Ghost or Poison, or (London) Fairy

fitting the supposed sports theme of the region.
I hope the sports theme isn’t shoved onto our face. Alola has had enough sport fillers.
Whichever order, it'll have to be male, and not Rock, Water, Dragon, Grass or Electric.
No one said that they cannot repeat gym leader types, though. Specially since Trials can be argued to be gym equivalents- we’ve already got type overlap in that case.

I hope the female companion gets a battle focused goal. I don't know what it could be, it might depend on what sidequest or whatever the games have, I don't care as long as it's more exciting than Showcases.

Probably too much to hope for but another gym battle focused companion would be great

Probably too much to hope for but another gym battle focused companion would be great
I'd be up for that, but I think they'd have to mix up the battles more than ever so that Ash's and the girl's gym battles aren't too identical. I remember really liking DP067 for having Dawn try her hand at a gym battle.

I'd be up for that, but I think they'd have to mix up the battles more than ever so that Ash's and the girl's gym battles aren't too identical. I remember really liking DP067 for having Dawn try her hand at a gym battle.

Mix it up maybe by having Ash battle some of the gym leaders Pokemon, have the companion battle different Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom