• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Bewear is there and they can’t f***ing escape. Because no one caught Bewear in today’s episode.

The Bewear thing is only a gag; it's not like she's got legal custody of the TRio. Once SuMo ends and Bewear becomes irrelevant, I don't see what's stopping Jessie, James, and Meowth from following Ash.

It would be funny if Cassidy and Butch were assigned to replace Jessie, James and Meowth in Alola, and when the trio left Bewear, they told her that Cassidy and Butch will be just as fun to look after as they were.
The only thing I dislike about that idea is that they would then be stuck and unable to appear in future generations to face off against our TRio...

Actually, I lie. The main thing I dislike about that idea is that Yamato and Kosanji are not nice enough to deserve Kiteruguma's care.

But at this point I'd accept most flimsy premises just to be reminded of their existence...

I don't know. TR hasn't carried over any Pokemon (not counting Meowth and Wobbuffet) between sagas since DP.
TR did left Wobbuffet in the first episode of Black and White, only to return in the last episode before XY.

I highly doubt that Mimikyu and Mareanie are getting carried over unless both of them get new evolutions in Sword & Shield.
Even if they did carry the two over, I somehow vision James leaving Mareanie to train with a Water Type Gym Leader, who would probably be another Gardenia.

I'm not saying that is possible, it's just a hunch. Besides Mareanie loves James.

Which reminds me, Gardenia from what I see is the result to what happens if you put the personalities of Misty's love for Water Types and fear of Bug Types, and Brock's flirting into a blender with a dab of Grass Types.

I highly doubt that Mimikyu and Mareanie are getting carried over unless both of them get new evolutions in Sword & Shield.

Last time I checked Jessie had carried a Pokemon over to the next series (Seviper, I think?), so we know that evolutionary relatives are not necessary.

This is combined with the fact that Jessie and James don’t want to hand over Mimikyu and Mareanie to TR (which was the sole reason Pokemon didn’t carry over post DP).

If the only reason of Pokemon not being carried over is eliminated, which it has been, than apart from a release I see no reason Mimikyu and Mareanie can’t be carried over.
Mimikyu is incredibly popular as well.

So... your argument doesn’t really work here.

Even if they did carry the two over, I somehow vision James leaving Mareanie to train with a Water Type Gym Leader, who would probably be another Gardenia.

...we don’t even know if Galar has a water gym, so it seems a bit far fetched currently to me.

Last time I checked Jessie had carried a Pokemon over to the next series (Seviper, I think?), so we know that evolutionary relatives are not necessary.

This is combined with the fact that Jessie and James don’t want to hand over Mimikyu and Mareanie to TR (which was the sole reason Pokemon didn’t carry over post DP).

If the only reason of Pokemon not being carried over is eliminated, which it has been, than apart from a release I see no reason Mimikyu and Mareanie can’t be carried over.
Mimikyu is incredibly popular as well.

So... your argument doesn’t really work here.

...we don’t even know if Galar has a water gym, so it seems a bit far fetched currently to me.

facepalm Since when was the last time you looked at Galar's map?

The latest episode, SM122
So likely Mimikyu and Mareanie will be accompanying Jessie and James in Galar, and would throughout their journey depart, trade or sent to train, having them replaced or even catch to join them Galar Pokemon.

But they’ve never shown unwillingness to give them to Giovanni before this, too.
I don't think James's tendency and care for Inkay was any different than what it is with Mareanie now, if not more meaningful. How many times did James actually cry for Marianie once he realized its love for him?

facepalm Since when was the last time you looked at Galar's map?
I haven’t seen a guaranteed water gym on the Galar map, nor it has been officially revealed.

I don't think James's tendency and care for Inkay was any different than what it is with Mareanie now, if not more meaningful. How many times did James actually cry for Marianie once he realized its love for him?
Did James ever say that he didn’t want Inkay to be sent to the HQ?

Did James ever say that he didn’t want Inkay to be sent to the HQ?
Screenshot-2019-05-25-at-18-43-39.png

Screenshot-2019-05-25-at-18-43-51.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom