• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that almost all of the confirmed NPCs are too old to be companions and that Hop, the only exception, will be a rival rather than a companion.

Oh god no. They confirmed a Rotom Phone. This means Rotom Dex might continue. Oh please no. Rotom Dex is so annoying.

Did anyone expect otherwise? Rotom Dex was presented as a technological breakthrough. Not to mention all the $$$ it makes for TPC.

Anyone who thought Rotom wouldn't be back next gen was kidding themselves

I'm still hoping for the female PC to join Ash and get Scorbunny.

I'm really excited to see Dynamaxing in the anime. I was going to say that I hope they don't ignore it for a majority of the time like Z-Moves, but since it can only be used in select locations, I feel like we'll only be seeing them in Gym Battles...damn. :cry:

I hope Hop is introduced early on seeing as his bro is the Champion and all. Hau came into SuMo far too late for my liking.

And I really hope Rotom tags along with Ash in Galar seeing as they have the Rotom phone/dex.

I can't see Ash catching any of the new revealed mons except for maybe Drednaw. The info about it being super hard to train and trainers releasing it because it's too much work sounds like something they'd have Ash go through. I'd love for Ash to catch a Corvinight, tho.

He's obviously going to get a Grookey, though. Ash almost always gets the regional grass starter (except Chespin, for some reason).

SM145 (27th October) will be the last episode of ''Sun and Moon Ultra Legends''

I really didn't want to see the Rotomdex get an upgrade. Gah! This doesn't bode well for the style of the new saga imo. I can see it being just as cheerful and """"funny""""" as SuMo now, and part of me dies inside just thinking of it.

I really didn't want to see the Rotomdex get an upgrade. Gah! This doesn't bode well for the style of the new saga imo. I can see it being just as cheerful and """"funny""""" as SuMo now, and part of me dies inside just thinking of it.
Considering the heavy emphasis that the trailers put on battling and exploring, I highly doubt that's happening.

Can't wait for Leon to debut between the episodes 40-110.

I agree that Sonia and Milo are too old and big to be Ash's companions, and can't exactly be aged down like Serena. Sonia could be a recurring character though like Alexa or Burnett.

I don't think Dynamax is hard to implement, I can see Pikachu having a synthesized intimidating voice while using it. I think Ash could learn to use it around the first gym.

Three years ago I was sure that Rotom would become Rotom Dex, but it didn't happen, so I wouldn't take Rotom phone for granted. It Rotom Dex becomes Rotom Phone it would ba a nice bit of continuity, but if it doesn't not much would be lost.

Hmm... do you people think, that Milo is too old for a companion? Maybe he has the same age like Brock and Kiawe and is just very tall for his age. But personally, I would really love to see two older or taller companions for once. S&M had a bunch of very likable and interesting adult characters: Lusamine, Kukui, Burnet, Oliva (who is my favorite of the bunch) etc. Adult characters can be entertaining as well, so I personally wouldn't mind to see two grown up following Ash

So, gyms are back, and they have stadiums in order to accommodate for Dynamax.

With those stadiums come crowds and TV coverage.

I can't wait to see Ash fail spectacularly on live TV.

And you know the TRio will get involved in the TV aspect.

And yes, I see Milo as too old to be a companion. The companions will likely be as they usually are, at the same age as Ash or slightly older or younger. Sonia could be a companion. Hopefully they don't shuffle Hop to the end like an afterthought, as they did with Hau.

Some notes

-First of all why is Rotom still here, well at least it will be the first time that Ash will have a phone
- The giant pokèmon formula will be interesting to implement in the Anime
-I think that next season will be battle centered seing how in Galar the most important thing are gym battles
-Also I am not doubting Team Rocket appearence in this series but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom