• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, just because she is a water type gym leader doesn't automatically mean she will become a companion. We do not even know how she looks like. She could be an elderly or a middle-aged woman. Or chubby girl. I wouldn't mind seeing those types of women for once, but the anime has a pattern for the girl characters. They kinda have to be young, cute, and good looking.

This is kinda the reason I really want to see Milo been a part of the anime. He looks visually very interesting and unique to stick out. The girl characters bore me. Lana is the only girl that sticks out from the group in terms of design and also personality, but not that much.

Design wise the girl will be the more standard design. The same one they used for Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, Serena, Lillie, and Mallow. I just hope that at least in terms of Personality we will get something new with her.

• A spoiled brat.
  • A martial artist.
  • An artist that likes to draw.
  • A sports girl (I haven't given up on that concept. Maybe she can be a by the rules, humourless mentor/coach for Ash).
  • A very polite, British person with a dry sense of humour.
  • A hippie girl that loves nature.
  • A mechanical genius.
  • A girl that acts more like a royal knight, guard or bodyguard for Ash.
  • A girl that is overly polite and apologizes for everything, although it wasn't even her mistake.
  • A girl that likes to read a lot.

I don't care. She just can't be another ripoff of the girly girl trope (May, Dawn, and Serena) or the sudo-tomboy personality (Misty and Iris). They really have to be more creative with the next girl. Either in terms of design or personality.

Last edited:
Well, just because she is a water type gym leader doesn't automatically mean she will become a companion. We do not even know how she looks like. She could be an elderly or a middle-aged woman. Or chubby girl. I wouldn't mind seeing those types of women for once, but the anime has a pattern for the girl characters. They kinda have to be young, cute, and good looking.

This is kinda the reason I really want to see Milo been a part of the anime. He looks visually very interesting and unique to stick out. The girl characters bore me. Lana is the only girl that sticks out from the group in terms of design and also personality, but not that much.

Design wise the girl will be the more standard design. The same one they used for Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, Serena, Lillie, and Mallow. I just hope that at least in terms of Personality we will get something new with her.

• A spoiled brat.
  • A martial artist.
  • An artist that likes to draw.
  • A sports girl (I haven't given up on that concept. Maybe she can be a by the rules, humourless mentor/coach for Ash).
  • A very polite, British person with a dry sense of humour.
  • A hippie girl that loves nature.
  • A mechanical genius.
  • A girl that acts more like a royal knight, guard or bodyguard for Ash.
  • A girl that is overly polite and apologizes for everything, although it wasn't even her mistake.
  • A girl that likes to read a lot.

I don't care. She just can't be another ripoff of the girly girl trope (May, Dawn, and Serena) or the sudo-tomboy personality (Misty and Iris). They really have to be more creative with the next girl. Either in terms of design or personality.
There isn't just Mallow but Lillie and Lana as well, and they don't count as companions, they're classmates.

Seriously guys. Please stop posting potential leaks without putting them in spoiler tags. We don't know how legit any leaks are, but I'd rather not have people be accidentally spoiled about the games through a speculation thread on the next anime series. If you want to use leaks to further speculate on the next series, please do so in spoiler tags.

Quoting this again though I'm not sure how effective it'll be since the post immediately following this completely disregarded it lmfao.

I have a guess of how Sun and Moon will end.

In the very last episode, after saying his goodbyes to his friends after graduation, Ash travels back to Pallet Town. All the while, Rotom is upset with the goodbyes and is concerned that he would say goodbye to ash too when he hears that he decided to head off to the Galar Region. Thankfully, Professor Oak provided for him a phone so that he can be able to contact him and his mother when needed. And told him that this would allow Rotom to travel with Ash, which then ends with Ash, Pikachu and the Rotom Phone saying their goodbyes before heading off to Galar.

I can well imagine the Rotom story being similar to Ash's Aipom before setting off to Sinnoh in the last episode of Battle Frontier.

I'd personally rather not see a gym leader with Ash this time around. Him, the female PC, and another character his age would be nice. Kind of like XY's cast, in that there wasn't a member of the crew who was older than Ash.

Rumors suggest there will be multiple rivals. Perhaps one of them could be one of Ash's companions, depending on their personality. Hop would be a nice companion imo, but if he's supposed to be the main rival, I can't see him traveling with Ash.

Okay, I've found it.
Your rival is named Hop, but you will also be facing of against Bede and Marnie

Team Yell is the gang in this game, who are well meaning fans of Marnie causing trouble

To become part of the gym challenge, you will have to get an endorsement. Bede gets an endorsement from Chairman Rose and his secretary Oleana

Eternatus is the evil legendary. The other legendary will be a wolf, who will either have a shield mane or hold a sword like Great Wolf Sif. Don't recall its name

Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing are new dynamics that will supersize pokemon in specific areas. Gigantamaxing is different from dynamax as it changes what the pokemon looks like. Meowth looks like long cat. Lapras gets layers like musical bars to its shell and musical notes. Pikachu looks like retro fat pikachu

Sonia is Leon's former rival who is researching the dynamax phenomenon at the behest of her grandmother and professor of the game.

Some pokemon, like Farfechtd, will get regional evolutions, like Sirfechtd. Meowth looks like a ball of spiky grey fur

Skwovet and Greedunt iirc are chipmunk pokemon who will hide in berry trees and attack randomly if you shake for too many berries. If they attack, you lose half the berries that dropped. (Note: A Trainer in the audience of Milo's Gym is wearing a shirt with a chipmunk graphic, which could be one of these Pokémon, much like how a wearable shirt in Sun & Moon depicted Toucannon before it was revealed. The trailer also shows that the player can shake trees in the Wild Area, although it has yet to be confirmed that this drops berries.)

The fourth gym is the first Fairy type gym, led by an actress named Opal. Milo, Nessa, and Kabu are the first ones.

Before fighting the gym leaders, you have to complete the gym challenges.
  • Milo has you herding sheep pokemon named Wooloo, but Pamper, electric corgi pokemon, will startle them and send them rolling elsewhere. (Note: If you look closely at the 3:30 mark of the Direct, you can see a Wooloo rolling in a field, so this is indeed a characteristic of them.)
  • Nessa has you running through a maze where water blocks the way
  • Kabu requires you to catch pokemon and get 5 points, but you have to be in a party battle with another trainer who's also trying to catch it
While there is a transit system, you will have to go through the Wild Area at times, an open world biome that has a weather system and little pockets where wild pokemon dynamax and have to be beaten in a for person raid. You will randomly see nearby players and interact with them to get their league cards and items

Camping is how you play with pokemon now. You'll get two toys, a feather toy and toy pokeball, which can raise friendship. You can make curry which will raise starts and friendliness (Note: The trailer includes a scene of Sobble being played with near a tent, which seems to align with this.)

Pokémon will not walk beside you in the overworld map (Note: Thus far, we have been given no reason to doubt this.)

Scorbunny will have fighting moves, but is pure fighter. It becomes Raboot, but I don't remember the final evolution, except that it looks like a fighter. It looks humanoid

Sobble becomes Sizzile and then Intelleon, a chameleon with a spy theme

Grookey will end up as a giant gorilla that beats a wood drum to attack.

There's a lot I'm missing, but I wasn't planning on leaking until now. I'm angry and upset, and while I liked what I saw, I didn't get too far.

The best Pokémon so far is the blue seagull who when it dives, either gets a barracuda in its mouth or a pikachu, which it launches at its enemy

Based on this, I don't think that she's gonna be a companion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I've found it.
Your rival is named Hop, but you will also be facing of against Bede and Marnie

Team Yell is the gang in this game, who are well meaning fans of Marnie causing trouble

To become part of the gym challenge, you will have to get an endorsement. Bede gets an endorsement from Chairman Rose and his secretary Oleana

Eternatus is the evil legendary. The other legendary will be a wolf, who will either have a shield mane or hold a sword like Great Wolf Sif. Don't recall its name

Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing are new dynamics that will supersize pokemon in specific areas. Gigantamaxing is different from dynamax as it changes what the pokemon looks like. Meowth looks like long cat. Lapras gets layers like musical bars to its shell and musical notes. Pikachu looks like retro fat pikachu

Sonia is Leon's former rival who is researching the dynamax phenomenon at the behest of her grandmother and professor of the game.

Some pokemon, like Farfechtd, will get regional evolutions, like Sirfechtd. Meowth looks like a ball of spiky grey fur

Skwovet and Greedunt iirc are chipmunk pokemon who will hide in berry trees and attack randomly if you shake for too many berries. If they attack, you lose half the berries that dropped. (Note: A Trainer in the audience of Milo's Gym is wearing a shirt with a chipmunk graphic, which could be one of these Pokémon, much like how a wearable shirt in Sun & Moon depicted Toucannon before it was revealed. The trailer also shows that the player can shake trees in the Wild Area, although it has yet to be confirmed that this drops berries.)

The fourth gym is the first Fairy type gym, led by an actress named Opal. Milo, Nessa, and Kabu are the first ones.

Before fighting the gym leaders, you have to complete the gym challenges.
  • Milo has you herding sheep pokemon named Wooloo, but Pamper, electric corgi pokemon, will startle them and send them rolling elsewhere. (Note: If you look closely at the 3:30 mark of the Direct, you can see a Wooloo rolling in a field, so this is indeed a characteristic of them.)
  • Nessa has you running through a maze where water blocks the way
  • Kabu requires you to catch pokemon and get 5 points, but you have to be in a party battle with another trainer who's also trying to catch it
While there is a transit system, you will have to go through the Wild Area at times, an open world biome that has a weather system and little pockets where wild pokemon dynamax and have to be beaten in a for person raid. You will randomly see nearby players and interact with them to get their league cards and items

Camping is how you play with pokemon now. You'll get two toys, a feather toy and toy pokeball, which can raise friendship. You can make curry which will raise starts and friendliness (Note: The trailer includes a scene of Sobble being played with near a tent, which seems to align with this.)

Pokémon will not walk beside you in the overworld map (Note: Thus far, we have been given no reason to doubt this.)

Scorbunny will have fighting moves, but is pure fighter. It becomes Raboot, but I don't remember the final evolution, except that it looks like a fighter. It looks humanoid

Sobble becomes Sizzile and then Intelleon, a chameleon with a spy theme

Grookey will end up as a giant gorilla that beats a wood drum to attack.

There's a lot I'm missing, but I wasn't planning on leaking until now. I'm angry and upset, and while I liked what I saw, I didn't get too far.

The best Pokémon so far is the blue seagull who when it dives, either gets a barracuda in its mouth or a pikachu, which it launches at its enemy

Based on this, I don't think that she's gonna be a companion.
Who, the player? I think she would make a fine companion.

Honestly if this series gives us a female costar in a similar vein as Hikari (not a rehash of her story but a similar level of focus), a halfway-decent story that spans the entire series, and a good balance of new and old BGM I would accept the SM artstyle back in a heartbeat.

and if that leak is true, FAT PIKACHU BE STILL MY HEART!!!!

here is my prediction:

RotomDex will come with Ash as he will transform to Rotomphone

Serena may return for guest appearance

XYZ animation and graphic style will be used.

Some former travel companions or Alolan classmates will come with Ash

Ash will get a Sobble
I hope the XYZ style returns.
And stop with the silliness like shaking butts in the air.

As long as SwSh-Ash looks like DP-Ash and is akin to DP-Ash (strategic, silly at times, only serious when he needs to be, hard-working), I will be happy...

Of course, in order for SwSh-Ash to look like DP-Ash, the art style needs to change...

I can imagine Nessa becomes like Misty, but her love for Water Types exceeded to Gardenia levels. If James did bring along Mareanie, I can already imagine how it will all play out.

Nessa: (cuddling Mareanie like crazy) Mareanie, aren't you the cutest thing I have ever seen, it's so soft, so purple squee and so cuddly.
(Mareanie got so annoyed that she wrapped her tenticles around her head and used Poison jab. However when jumping off her, Nessa would still be loving her, and when Mareanie saw that her poisoned state resembles James and her former crush, she instantly go wild and both of them hugging each other happily. James will be jaw-smacked to the sight.)
James: Oh not again! This is like deja vu with my Cacnea.

I hope the XYZ style returns.
And stop with the silliness like shaking butts in the air.
MY EYES!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course she's NOT going to be the companion.

Because every time an anime series starts off based on a new game for a new console, like GBA, DS, and 3DS, Ash is accompanied by the Female Player Trainer.
That can easily be broken, assuming that the female PC doesn't play a significant role if the player plays as the male PC in the games.

That can easily be broken, assuming that the female PC doesn't play a significant role if the player plays as the male PC in the games.
Well there were exceptions such as the Johto arc, which the Gen 2 games are on the Game Boy Color. But then that's connected to Kanto. Gen 5 and Gen 7 meanwhile didn't have a female player trainer companion because they are the second gens to the same consoles of DS and 3DS, with the firsts being Gen 4 and 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom