• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Sonia is too old to be a companion. She appears to be in her 20s, and I highly doubt they would have all of Ash's Galar companions be twice his age.
They could break old patterns and have Ash travel with two female trainers this time. The female PC would have the classic pokegirl role and Sonia could take the Brock role (the experienced trainer).

They could break old patterns and have Ash travel with two female trainers this time. The female PC would have the classic pokegirl role and Sonia could take the Brock role (the experienced trainer).
As I said before, Sonia is too old. They can't deage her without also deaging Leon, or else her backstory of being childhood friends with Leon would be completely removed.

I don't know, could SwSh's art style be akin to that of Pokémon Master's trailer? Probably not, but still...

I hope not. It looks like a less polished BW/XY, having a ton of unnecessary detail, poor color script, overuse of shading, etc., while still remaining not animation friendly.

I hope not. It looks like a less polished BW/XY, having a ton of unnecessary detail, poor color script, overuse of shading, etc., while still remaining not animation friendly.

I agree with you on that. That's why I said 'akin to'.

Also, I won't make myself popular by saying this, but still: SM's art style, which I find to be bad, is superior to XY's art style.

I don't know, could SwSh's art style be akin to that of Pokémon Master's trailer? Probably not, but still...

If they did an update for Pokemon Masters, I wonder if they would include the Galar Region characters such as Leon, Nessa, Milo, Sonia and few others?

Also about Hunter J? I'm already doing a Fancomic based on the Anime series to be a redemption arc, set to come out on the 10th anniversary of her supposed death in the anime, December 2019.

As I said before, Sonia is too old. They can't deage her without also deaging Leon, or else her backstory of being childhood friends with Leon would be completely removed.
There's no need to deage her if she takes more of a Brock-like role. In that role, the backstory with Leon would still make sense.

There's no need to deage her if she takes more of a Brock-like role. In that role, the backstory with Leon would still make sense.
Her age is an issue because she is most likely in her 20s. I think that it would be weird if Ash traveled with someone who is over twice his age. I think that Sonia will instead play a role similar to Alexa, who appears from time to time without being a companion.

If they would've delayed Pokemon Sword and Shield, then they could at least create a short anime arc based on ''Pokemon Masters'' to bridge the gap. It has the type of feel that would overshadow Sword and Shield's release, to my concerned opinion.

Personally, I hope that the style of the Pokémon Masters shorts will not be used for the upcoming new anime. It looks a bit too generic for my taste.

Personally, I hope that the style of the Pokémon Masters shorts will not be used for the upcoming new anime. It looks a bit too generic for my taste.
Animation Style 1 (Gen 1-2)
Animation Style 2 (Gen 2-6) (Upgraded throughout the series)
Animation Style 3 (Gen 7) This would probably end up being what Sword and Shield will share, perhaps upgraded somewhat to be more battle focus.

If they would've delayed Pokemon Sword and Shield, then they could at least create a short anime arc based on ''Pokemon Masters'' to bridge the gap. It has the type of feel that would overshadow Sword and Shield's release, to my concerned opinion.

I don't think they'd create a Pokemon Masters arc if Sword/Shield was delayed. It certainly wouldn't be a short arc most likely considering how much time they'd probably need to include every Pokemon. Not to mention fans would be livid if we had to wait another year or so for the games. They aren't going to be delayed, so this is rather moot anyway.

They are giving quite a bit of hype for what is basically a spin-off mobile game, but I don't think that Pokemon Masters going to overshadow Sword/Shield's release. New Pokemon, new regions and new characters always get more attention than spin-off games.

I don't think they'd create a Pokemon Masters arc if Sword/Shield was delayed. It certainly wouldn't be a short arc most likely considering how much time they'd probably need to include every Pokemon. Not to mention fans would be livid if we had to wait another year or so for the games. They aren't going to be delayed, so this is rather moot anyway.

They are giving quite a bit of hype for what is basically a spin-off mobile game, but I don't think that Pokemon Masters going to overshadow Sword/Shield's release. New Pokemon, new regions and new characters always get more attention than spin-off games.
I'm just concerned that Masters would be used as an excuse for not adding in old characters into Sword and Shield. I hope not. But since Gen 4 might have a remake done next year, I can only imagine Cynthia making a return like Steven in XY.

Her age is an issue because she is most likely in her 20s. I think that it would be weird if Ash traveled with someone who is over twice his age. I think that Sonia will instead play a role similar to Alexa, who appears from time to time without being a companion.
I don't think it would be weird. She could be an experienced trainer who meets Ash and thinks she can learn a lot from him or something. That's kinda the reason for travelling with Ash of most of the people-who-take-Brock-role. I can also see her in a role similar to Alexa.

I don't think the concept of an older female cast member would work when you consider that the anime staff think of the female cast members as eye candy for young boys. Most young boys probably aren't gonna find an older female appealing compared to say Serena or one of the other ten year old female protagonists imo.

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet but there is an image of a clearly fake SwSh series poster floating around. I'm going to put it in spoiler tags so no one glances through and mistakes it for real:

tumblr_ptmopt5zFd1s9dqwm_500.jpg

I would have loved this because it would make the girl protagonist seem like a co-star again. The only thing I'm not crazy about design-wise is a red-jacket Satoshi and the art style would be a bit too similar to XY's for my tastes but nonetheless it is a very nice fake.

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet but there is an image of a clearly fake SwSh series poster floating around. I'm going to put it in spoiler tags so no one glances through and mistakes it for real:

tumblr_ptmopt5zFd1s9dqwm_500.jpg

I would have loved this because it would make the girl protagonist seem like a co-star again. The only thing I'm not crazy about design-wise is a red-jacket Satoshi and the art style would be a bit too similar to XY's for my tastes but nonetheless it is a very nice fake.

What, you mean this?

This has already been proven to be fanart by an artist in Deviantart. Please read the artist's description below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom