• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would commit seppuku.
No, I think they should never. And besides committing seppuku, I meant that do you think that they'll have any plans for the production of alternate continuity from the Pokémon main anime, or are they all done with this anime production?

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind if the animation style in ShSw matches the JoJo animation style tbh:

Image result for team rocket jojo

PokemonRangerBoy12 predicts that SwSh's art style has a good chance of being akin to Masters's art style and he actually has some solid points as to why.

After watching the video I honestly think that's just jumping into conclusions. The animated trailers/shorts of the past haven't necessarily looked like the following series, stylistically at least (e.g. B2W2 animated trailer looks nothing like XY), but a couple of them do share something in common, which is the introduction of a change or a brand new feature or technique being added to the production pipeline, this can be seen with the B2W2 trailer introducing the 3D camera, and the Cosplay Pikachu shorts working as a testing ground for a fully digital pipeline using ToonBoom. This doesn't seem to apply to every short of this kind, however, because at least for the ORAS animated trailer there weren't any seeming lasting impact in the anime, even if they didn't look exactly alike to neither its concurrent series (XY) nor SM.

Not saying the new series won't look like this (although I'm not a fan), but that the takeaway from the short, if any, might not be the artstyle itself, but the reintroduction of the 3D camera into the fully digital pipeline.

Out of the two, I think that Bea could work as a traveling companion. She has a nice design and I don't think would look much older than Ash. Allister also doesn't look that much older than Ash, but I can't really picture her as part of the main cast with that design/outfit. It also took me way too long to realize that they weren't just showcasing Dynamax again, but another new feature with Gigantamaxing. I still wouldn't bet on either of them becoming part of the main cast just yet, but Bea probably has a decent chance.

So far Bea and the female S&S protagonist are the only ones that fit the style of typical companion slots of the anime. Allister can also not work, because his main character trait is that he is very shy and stays hidden from the public.

Bea on the main cast also provides a solution which gym Ash challenges, since they don't have to make Bea a gym leader.

Or... Bea doesn't become a companion, but Hop does, which would be a change. He can challenge Bea or Allister and Ash can challenge the other. Might provide some different dynamic in the anime.

Last edited:
I get the feeling Bea will get some extra focus. We all know how the screenwriters like (girl) Fighting-type GLs ;)

And I wonder if we'll get Alain 2.0 for Gigantamax since its mega-evolution on steroids :unsure:

Also, will Ash get it this time, or be screwed over like he was with getting an ME...
Also: Incoming Kaiju jokes!

Last edited:
I get the feeling Bea will get some extra focus. We all know how the screenwriters like (girl) Fighting-type GLs ;)

And I wonder if we'll get Alain 2.0 for Gigantamax since its mega-evolution on steroids :unsure:

Also, will Ash get it this time, or be screwed over like he was with getting an ME...

....I'm going to lean against it for now, just because it is a 'everyone can do it' sort of thing.

Maybe they'll do her like Korrina and make her relevant only for a few episodes

Really hope Ash will battle the fighting type gym instead of the Ghost, would love to see Hitmontop get some more focus in the anime

I hope he actually fights Alister and his Ghost types instead of another fighting type expert. The last time Ash was fighting against an Ghost type gym leader was back in Gen IV with Fantina.

Well, in the end, it always comes to the marketing and what the producers want to see in a traditional Pokémon girl. So far I have to say that only the Gloria fits the template.

Sonia - too tall and too old.
Nessa - too tall, too old, maybe also too sexualist.
Bea - too muscular and maybe also not cute and girly enough. She has a sixpack after all.

So far all of Ash's female companion felt into the category of cute, young girls who act most of the time very feminine and have an overall girlish image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom