• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was this confirmed?

I think he was speculating since those were the gaps we've had the last couple of series.

Though yeah, it could be shorter (or even longer?) than that.

Though here's something that hit me...what if, because of being around the Show's anniversary or because they have some extra stuff to work with, they go for 150 episodes? (with some double header specials like they've done in the past).
Though I'm most likely wrong, as usual.:confused:

One thing I keep thinking about is a big--or at least medium--arc where the Mythicals come into play... :unsure:

I'm hoping that Nebby, Lunala, Necrozma, the guardians, Marshadow and the Ultrabeasts will appear in the final episode.

I also hoped that in Ash's dream, Zacian and Zamazenta will call Ash to fly to Galar from Alola via the stormy seas but this time, Ash is not using the plane but Latias. They will tell Ash that someone is waiting for him in Galar.

Last edited:
I think he was speculating since those were the gaps we've had the last couple of series.

Though yeah, it could be shorter (or even longer?) than that.

Though here's something that hit me...what if, because of being around the Show's anniversary or because they have some extra stuff to work with, they go for 150 episodes? (with some double header specials like they've done in the past).
Though I'm most likely wrong, as usual.:confused:

One thing I keep thinking about is a big--or at least medium--arc where the Mythicals come into play... :unsure:
SM148 would be the airing of the first Sword and Shield anime on November 17th, since the games will come out on November 15th. So no, SM144 will probably be the last.

Just fucking stop. Nessa is way too overexcessive to be a main character. Hell it's even unreasonable.
Especially all this talk we've just had. Personally I have a hunch that Ash would end up being with the female Trainer (Gloria) and Milo. Milo would make a fine Brock-like character

Brock and Cilan seemed older to me. Milo just looks like a teen with a lot of muscle. A Rugby/Football Player that goes to the Gym.
Brock and Cilan look their age. Milo’s complicated due to adult body proportions and the baby face.

I doubt Milo’s going to be a companion. Currently the only gym leader which I could see as a companion is Bea.

Just fucking stop. Nessa is way too overexcessive to be a main character. Hell it's even unreasonable.

The fact that the last time anyone even mentioned Nessa was yesterday morning (which was a post by me), yet you still felt the need to curse at us and tell us what we should think is the real joke of the day.

Image result for i have to laugh lady gaga gif

I mean you're not wrong about her design being very extra, but at the same time it seems mean-spirited to tell people to stop discussing her.

Last edited:
Brock and Cilan look their age. Milo’s complicated due to adult body proportions and the baby face.

I doubt Milo’s going to be a companion. Currently the only gym leader which I could see as a companion is Bea.
Bea and possibly the Gym Leader from the London City.

I just hope that Hop actually gets a decent amount of screentime. It is still such a shame that they wasted Hau for SM.
They'll probably do the same with Hop. More Barry and less Hau.

Clemont had a Luxray, so perhaps this'll be the first time Ash would have a companion that has one of the Hitmon family. Namely Hitmontop

Last edited:
Especially all this talk we've just had. Personally I have a hunch that Ash would end up being with the female Trainer (Gloria) and Milo. Milo would make a fine Brock-like character

Problem is that it seems Gloria doesn't have impact on the game, meaning she won't appear in the anime, since then she promotes nothing.

Problem is that it seems Gloria doesn't have impact on the game, meaning she won't appear in the anime, since then she promotes nothing.
The only thing I see of her is the trailers and the Wild Areas.
This looks like it'll be Bea and another Gym Leader yet to be revealed.

I think Hop has a small chance of being a companion, but they usually like to have their companions having different goals than Ash so to appeal to different audiences, and not to bore the audience with having to see two of every gym/battle.

Gloria (the female trainer) looks like the most likely candidate for Ash's female companion. Her design is pretty simple since she is a player character in the games they have a lot of room to give her a unique personality. They will probably find some way for her to make her own path, whether something similar to showcases and contests, or different.

As for the slightly older, possibly even mentor or Brock like a companion, I think out of the characters we have seen so far, Sonia and Milo seem the most likely. Milo because he's a gym leader who seems to appear pretty early in the game, and basically seems to fit the Brock and Cilan companion theme. Sonia because she was a trainer and could give helpful tips to Ash and the other companion, and it would switch it up a little bit having an older female companion. At this moment, Milo seems more likely though.

Hop's really creepy-looking though imo. His arms are really long and because he's related to Leon, we'd probably see him a lot as well and I'm not looking forward to that since he's got that holier-than-thou 'look at me I'm a king' vibe going on.

I think Hop has a small chance of being a companion, but they usually like to have their companions having different goals than Ash so to appeal to different audiences, and not to bore the audience with having to see two of every gym/battle.

Gloria (the female trainer) looks like the most likely candidate for Ash's female companion. Her design is pretty simple since she is a player character in the games they have a lot of room to give her a unique personality. They will probably find some way for her to make her own path, whether something similar to showcases and contests, or different.

As for the slightly older, possibly even mentor or Brock like a companion, I think out of the characters we have seen so far, Sonia and Milo seem the most likely. Milo because he's a gym leader who seems to appear pretty early in the game, and basically seems to fit the Brock and Cilan companion theme. Sonia because she was a trainer and could give helpful tips to Ash and the other companion, and it would switch it up a little bit having an older female companion. At this moment, Milo seems more likely though.
Some say that Gloria can't be Ash's companion because she's not a rival, nor assistant, such as those seen in Gen 3, 4 and 6.

But to me, I see the female players as companions based on the first game for a new console, Gen 3 (GBA), Gen 4 (DS) and Gen 6 (3DS). Since Gen 8 will be the first for the Switch, I don't see why they wouldn't have Gloria as Ash's companion.

Unless the company is trying to go a different direction after the low rated XY series. Let's hope we get something for the anime soon.

I'm still hoping for the female PC and another non leader male character for the companions.
Possibly one of the other rumored rivals if they're male.

I'm very much still hoping for no gym leaders and honestly, with how huge the league is in Galar and how the gyms are more important than ever in the main story, for one of the leaders to just stop their job, leave their gym, and go hanging around with Ash makes little sense. I really can't see that happening with how Galar's culture is, though the anime could easily botch that. I'm seriously hoping that they don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom