• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see Ash be snubbed by the sponsors in Galar because people there might not take his supposed Alola league win seriously, but I dunno, that sounds like too good of a recurring plot point for this anime.
Question is... What company will sponsor Ash? What is is, and is it the same as the game or different?

Question is... What company will sponsor Ash? What is is, and is it the same as the game or different?

Knowing the TV Show, it'll be something they made up themselves.
A small underdog company with Ash as its underdog member (and probably they're only member, or the only one with any skill)

As much as I'm not a fan of SuMo, one of the things I did like was the fact that major characters nicknamed some of their Pokemon. I hope SwSh will continue on with this by having at least one companion nickname their Pokemon. Lillie only really had Snowy, and Lana only nicknamed Sandy while the others didn't have names. It would be nice to have a companion who nicknames all of their Pokemon.

Similarly, I really liked the element of Gladion using PokeBalls other than the standard, and as someone who does this in the games herself, it would be nice to see someone catch at least a few Pokemon in different PokeBalls. Again, with Lana it was only Sandy. It would be cool to see it for a least half of their team. And it could be Ash himself, a companion, anyone really. I'd just like to see it.

I just hope that Ash will have good interactions with his companions. One thing I really like about S&M is Ash's relationship he has with his friends in Alola. Unlike with Best Wishes, where the companions felt more like two people that happen to take the same route like Ash and X&Y where they felt more like Ash's personal groupies.

The human interactions are as important to the anime like the Pokémon ones. Which is the reason that Jessie and James are still some of the best-written characters of this franchise.

Last edited:
What I would like to happen is that after being the Champion of the Alolan League and beating Masked Royale, Ash will be challenged by a trainer traveling from Galar. Ash will discover the existence of Dynamax battle and that there is more to discover in Galar about this phenomenon. Being the first champion of Alola, I think Lusamine will sponsor Ash to take on the Galar league (this can also be a repay for helping them reunite with Mohn before Sun and Moon anime ends.

What I would like to happen is that after being the Champion of the Alolan League and beating Masked Royale, Ash will be challenged by a trainer traveling from Galar. Ash will discover the existence of Dynamax battle and that there is more to discover in Galar about this phenomenon. Being the first champion of Alola, I think Lusamine will sponsor Ash to take on the Galar league (this can also be a repay for helping them reunite with Mohn before Sun and Moon anime ends.

That means we'll get an AG-DP type of transition into the next series which will also mean we'll get more continuity like we received Pre-BW, really hope that's the case but that would make BW and XY look useless and extras.

That means we'll get an AG-DP type of transition into the next series which will also mean we'll get more continuity like we received Pre-BW, really hope that's the case but that would make BW and XY look useless and extras.
Transitions like this only occur between new consoles (OS-AG, AG-DP, BW-XY) So you're not wrong there. However with the way the series looks to be self contained, they may not do so this time. I hope that's not the case.

I just hope that Ash will have good interactions with his companions. One thing I really like about S&M is Ash's relationship he has with his friends in Alola. Unlike with Best Wishes, where the companions felt more like two people that happen to take the same route like Ash and X&, where they felt more like Ash's personal groupies.

The human interactions are as important to the anime like the Pokémon ones. Which is the reason that Jessie and James are still some of the best-written characters of this franchise.

Agreed.

I am hoping that we get something similar to AG in that regard. I am not sure they can write group interactions as well as they did in Kanto. They caught lighting in a bottle with that one and writing has changed a lot over the last twenty years. But AG had realistic interactions among the group and they did truly feel like close friends.

There's going to be a trailer for more Sword and Shield on 7th August, 13:00 GMT, since there's no place to post this. Also a Pokemon Center London for four weeks, just as there was a Pokemon Center Paris before XY 6 years ago.

Some new aside, this might be a stretch, but from that old tweet on National Bike Day, it sounds to me like Gloria's bike (if revealed to be Ash's companion) is going to end up going the same way as Misty's, May's and Dawn's.

Last edited:
There's going to be a trailer for more Sword and Shield on 7th August, 13:00 GMT, since there's no place to post this. Also a Pokemon Center London for four weeks, just as there was a Pokemon Center Paris before XY 6 years ago.
There is a thread for News dates. Potential News Dates

The anime section's for the news relevant to the anime, and not the games...

I was thinking about how the Gym Leaders are based on many sports, since the Galar Region's Pokemon League is based on the British Sports Culture...

We have Milo who has the build for Rugby, Nessa who's an Athletic Swimmer, Bea a Karate expert, and Allister since wearing a mask could loosely be Hockey. The Fairy Type Gym, since it's location is based on Sherwood Forest, could be themed around Archery. If not, then that's an opportunity wasted right there.

Lol! Kanji meant the sport...
Cricket - Wikipedia

Oh, don't worry, I (eventually) realized that she was talking about the sport. But the first thing that came to my mind when I read "cricket person" was this guy, for whatever reason (maybe because he's a British superhero and Galar is basically an upside down version of Britain), so I decided to make this joke. Too bad he's so obscure that chances are nobody here will get the reference.

Oh, don't worry, I (eventually) realized that she was talking about the sport. But the first thing that came to my mind when I read "cricket person" was this guy, for whatever reason (maybe because he's a British superhero and Galar is basically an upside down version of Britain), so I decided to make this joke. Too bad he's so obscure that chances are nobody here will get the reference.
I’m from the north of England, from the area where Nessa’s Gym is, so I know where many of the locations, or equivalents are geographically.

Some new aside, this might be a stretch, but from that old tweet on National Bike Day, it sounds to me like Gloria's bike (if revealed to be Ash's companion) is going to end up going the same way as Misty's, May's and Dawn's.

Thanks for confirming the time, sadly I'll be out tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom