• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you assert the traditional way's "inferiority" is the cause of the great shift in style? Maybe it has to do with SM being a light-hearted series? Maybe they wanted to experiment with something new?

Should SwSh revert back to the traditional style, you'd think it'd be due to the (mostly Western) fans' backlash, wouldn't you?
I'm not going to pretend I was at the meeting where they decided to majorly change the style. That doesn't change the very extreme likelihood that something preventing them from changing it even if they wanted to was both brand recognition and fear of backlash. Changes are generally a huge risk in any business, which is why a lot of them just stick to very old fashioned tendencies.

XY from what I've heard, didn't do well in the ratings in Japan, whilst SM is doing better. Whether or not it has something to do with the slice of life and taking a break from the old formula, I'm sure with SwSh they might surprise us with something new.

What would constitute as 'new' in this case? Because the writers have tried several different angles of storytelling in the past and it seems like they can't find a winning formula anymore.

Can we stop spreading misinformation about viewership ratings... Let me just post what I wrote in the other thread here:
Kinda bonkers to realize that they ever thought having Pokémon share the same time slot as the second most viewed kid's anime in Japan was a good idea.

speak for ourselves in the west.
I'm not really aware of the existence of a good aggregated source for ratings of the Pokémon anime to be far. There's a lot less data readily available (I believe). On top of that in most Western countries TV is getting completely overshadowed by streaming.

this is how I imagine the anime begins ash somehow learns about galar he goes there somehow gets a sponsorship from someone he destroys a bike then he gets a scorbunny who has a sad backstory.

this is how I imagine the anime begins ash somehow learns about galar he goes there somehow gets a sponsorship from someone he destroys a bike then he gets a scorbunny who has a sad backstory.
I agree that would be likely. However Ash might learn of Galar at the end of Sun and Moon, and perhaps for a change, Sobble could be the one with the sad backstory.

I agree that would be likely. However Ash might learn of Galar at the end of Sun and Moon, and perhaps for a change, Sobble could be the one with the sad backstory.
yeah its between scorbunny and sobble for me but also I'm hoping either Leon or rose watches the league and decides to give ash a sponsorship so he can go to galar

yeah its between scorbunny and sobble for me but also I'm hoping either Leon or rose watches the league and decides to give ash a sponsorship so he can go to galar
I reckon as soon as Ash wins the League, Chairman Rose and Oleana would appear from the shadows, introduce himself and ask him to compete in the Galar League.

I would think Gloria will get Grookey as her starter, whilst Ash would get Scorbunny and Sobble.

Personally I think Scorbunny doesn't look fitting with Ash (or a male in general). It looks like it would go to a female to me. So if Gloria joins the cast, I personally hope she'll have Scorbunny. I'm still not sure about Grookey yet.

Why does he need more Pokemon with issues? Sure it could lead to an interesting character arc, but the writers tend to deal with those very slowly and I personally get impatient having to wait so damn long to see progress.

He doesn't need any Pokemon with issues, I never said he needed one. I just thought it would something interesting and fitting for the Pokemon as a species. It wouldn't need to last long either, it could hypothetically literally get over it by the 2nd gym.

Personally I think Scorbunny doesn't look fitting with Ash (or a male in general). It looks like it would go to a female to me. So if Gloria joins the cast, I personally hope she'll have Scorbunny. I'm still not sure about Grookey yet.

He doesn't need any Pokemon with issues, I never said he needed one. I just thought it would something interesting and fitting for the Pokemon as a species. It wouldn't need to last long either, it could hypothetically literally get over it by the 2nd gym.
May: Torchic (Fire)
Dawn: Piplup (Water)
Serena: Fennekin (Fire)

They haven't yet had a Female Trainer with a Grass Type Starter. Scorbunny to me looks more for Ash because of how energetic it is, so would Sobble. I think Grookey would suit Gloria very well.

thebeet96 said:

Wow, the accuracy. The writers at the board meeting to discuss the ShSw saga were probably like:

Image result for azula  gif

Not that there's anything wrong with your theory, it's just that the destroyed bicycle and troubled Fire type Pokemon thing are like two of the show's most awful cliches, but the writers would totally repeat that wouldn't they? :LOL:

i
Wow, the accuracy. The writers at the board meeting to discuss the ShSw saga were probably like:

Image result for azula  gif

Not that there's anything wrong with your theory, it's just that the destroyed bicycle and troubled Fire type Pokemon thing are like two of the show's most awful cliches, but the writers would totally repeat that wouldn't they? :LOL:
im not saying its good but I expect it to happen again

Scorbunny is rather hyperactive and energetic, the kind of Pokemon that one usually associates with Ash.

True. And Sobble also associates with Ash, since its a project mon and he most of the time gets those as well, or they create one in the anime if their isn't any. Only time he didn't get a Project, was Hoenn.

My expectations:

Scorbunny will go to Ash, but stay unevolved. Most likely a gag pokémon.
Sobble will go to the female PC, evolve once or twice, an arc about facing your fears.
Grookey, also, will go to Ash, evolve twice. Will be some kind of gentle giant.
Some other pokémon will be Ash's ace in this region. Will be fully evolved.
There will be a third companion with a twist. S/he'll have a weird pokémon as an ace.

My expectations:

Scorbunny will go to Ash, but stay unevolved. Most likely a gag pokémon.
Sobble will go to the female PC, evolve once or twice, an arc about facing your fears.
Grookey, also, will go to Ash, evolve twice. Will be some kind of gentle giant.
Some other pokémon will be Ash's ace in this region. Will be fully evolved.
There will be a third companion with a twist. S/he'll have a weird pokémon as an ace.
Sobble or Grookey for Gloria, although we cannot be sure until we have the details next month or sooner.

May: Torchic (Fire)
Dawn: Piplup (Water)
Serena: Fennekin (Fire)

They haven't yet had a Female Trainer with a Grass Type Starter. Scorbunny to me looks more for Ash because of how energetic it is, so would Sobble. I think Grookey would suit Gloria very well.

I know that, and I'm not against Gloria getting Grookey if she joins the main cast, I just think Scorbunny looks more fitting for her than a male character. It would be cool to have a girl with 2 of the new starters.

For now I can only really see Ash with Sobble and Gloria with Scorbunny, but either of them with Grookey. Or even a 3rd companion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom