• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Team Yell. Sure, they really a knockoff of Team Skull, but they really fit the sports theme of the Galar region. I'm okay with them. Bede comes off like a Paul inspiration. I can see him been Ash's main rival.
I'm also getting heavy Team Skull vibes from Team Yell, which makes me think we might get a Aether Foundation 2.0. Maybe the League Committee? Rose looks very sus imo.

And Marnie another/Team Leader.
Marnie isn't Team Yell's leader, though. Or at least it doesn't look like it, they are her fanclub of sorts and they listen to her, but they seem to act to their own accord.

Marnie and Bede seem to have very ambiguous goals related to the league for the time being according to the website. It's worth noting that Bede has an hexagon on his back like Rose on his jacket and belt and Oleana on her earrings. He's endorsed by Rose as well.

So far we have revealed...

Galarian Weezing (resembling a victorian industrial leader and a chimney)
Galarian Zigzagoon and Galarian Linoone (resembling Kiss and European Badger)
Galarian Linoone evolves into Obstagoon (a dark Badger gangster)
Morpeko (Galar's Pika-clone who gets angry when hungry)
Bede (Galar's version of Paul)
Marnie (Galar's version of Guzma)
Team Yell (Galar's Team Skull)

Sword and Shield HAS potential, however after watching the latest trailer, I'm not sure. It looks like this anime is going to go back to Sun and Moon formula except having Gyms and being battle centered. I get it, since Team Flare, evil Teams have become lacklustre, so they decided to make them more tonne down since Team Skull. The spark for Pokemon is there, but now not so much.

Sword and Shield HAS potential, however after watching the latest trailer, I'm not sure. It looks like this anime is going to go back to Sun and Moon formula except having Gyms and being battle centered. I get it, since Team Flare, evil Teams have become lacklustre, so they decided to make them more tonne down since Team Skull. The spark for Pokemon is there, but now not so much.

The atmosphere of Sun and Moon was not caused whole-sale by Team Skull, so I am doubtful that they are the heralds of horror

Looks like we'll have quite a few rivals this time!
The question now is if the creative team will make good use of them (or use them at all)...

I'm getting Team Skull vibes from Team Yell. Not a good thing. Please tell me the Show won't make them a poor man's TRio too...

Please tell me there will be something about James and Galarian Wheezing!

The atmosphere of Sun and Moon was not caused whole-sale by Team Skull, so I am doubtful that they are the heralds of horror
No, I mean, they're not as threatening as before. I mean what did we have in the past...

Team Rocket: Gangsters that want to take over the world
Team Aqua: Pirates that want to harness Kyogre to flood the world
Team Magma: Cultists that want to harness Groudon to create new land
Team Galactic: Space Cultists that want to harness Dialga and Palkia to destroy and recreate a new universe without soul
Team Plasma: Knights that want to liberate Pokemon/harness them of taking over the world.
Team Flare: Fashion Designers who want to harness a weapon to destroy the world and recreate it in their own image
Team Skull: Thugs that just cause trouble
Team Yell: Rowdy Fans of one Trainer

What a downgrade. What is it with Game Freak and wanting to surprise us?

No, I mean, they're not as threatening as before. I mean what did we have in the past...

Team Rocket: Gangsters that want to take over the world
Team Aqua: Pirates that want to harness Kyogre to flood the world
Team Magma: Cultists that want to harness Groudon to create new land
Team Galactic: Space Cultists that want to harness Dialga and Palkia to destroy and recreate a new universe without soul
Team Plasma: Knights that want to liberate Pokemon/harness them of taking over the world.
Team Flare: Fashion Designers who want to harness a weapon to destroy the world and recreate it in their own image
Team Skull: Thugs that just cause trouble
Team Yell: Rowdy Fans of one Trainer

What a downgrade. What is it with Game Freak and wanting to surprise us?

I heard it argued that at some point they hit a thread ceiling level and went back down so they don't run into 'villain creep' a la Dragon Ball villain power level.

The same argument posed that they'd go up again, so it is possible that Yell will be more dangerous than Skull.

I heard it argued that at some point they hit a thread ceiling level and went back down so they don't run into 'villain creep' a la Dragon Ball villain power level.

The same argument posed that they'd go up again, so it is possible that Yell will be more dangerous than Skull.
Let's hope they don't disappoint. However according to Bede's description in the Sword and Shield website, he may have something up his sleeves.

They kinda have to. James is I think the only person in the anime that owned a Weezing. Almost no one in the anime owns a Koffing or Weezing. The only other I can think of is Roxie.

I personally really like these Team Yell characters. Just like Team Skull before them, they have a simple and fun concept. Better than those organizations they felt more like a crazy cult if you ask me. That stuff never really felt right in Pokémon.

They kinda have to. James is I think the only person in the anime that owned a Weezing. Almost no one in the anime owns a Koffing or Weezing. The only other I can think of is Roxie.

Frank from the Pikachu movie episode in XY had a Weezing, hope the Koffing line feature more in Sword and Shield anime

Depends on who we regard as main characters. If Marnie becomes a Main Rival (Alongside Bede and Hop), then i doubt any of the travel companions or Ash gets it, since Morpeko is Marnie's ace.
What if Gloria's Morpeke has a rivalry with Marnie's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom