• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo-Kai Watch. It was a fad that blew up in Japan that tugged Gen 6 down until Gen 7.
Ah yes. Yo-Kai Watch: the series that Cartoon Network picked up over here in the UK, aired Season 1 and then dropped the series afterwards and ever since then has disappeared off the face of the earth.

We don’t even get the newer Buchholz dubbed episodes.

I won't mind Ash getting Obstagoon, however, i think its unlikely he gets it, since he didn't get a regional variant in Alola, possibly because it is not seen as a new Pokemon, but a new form. Either way, if Ash doesn't get it, then i hope it becomes a Team Rocket Pokemon.
Morpeko for Team Rocket will be funny, especially since they try to scrape by and do anything to get some food, so you can make some funny gags with Morpeko being hungry when Team Rocket gets it.

I don't know but I expected more from the new trailer, that was it? :( I hope it's not the only info revealed about SWSH during ALL of August, ugh...:confused:

Anyway we could have the first female recurring rival for Ash in Marnie, Bede seems like another Gary/Trip? instead of Paul, wonder if they'll pull a Barry/Hau and appear over 100 episodes into the anime or appear early like Bianca, Tierno, etc..

Galar Zigzagoon and evolutions I don't see it for nobody in the cast, it's for Team Yell's mon, maybe Obstagoon will belong to the boss, speaking of them hopefully there's more to them like a sinister motive.

I don't know about Morpeko, Dedenne, Togedemaru were in the cast but this time it belongs to the supposed rival...

No hint for potential Ash's companions as well, I don't see anyone to fit except for Gloria maybe...

Hopefully the teaser/trailer for the SWSH anime is released in September. :)

Gloria would probably get Morpeko, and would be like Dawn's Pachirisu to how she's going to tame such a hungry Pokemon.

I disagree about them being handled decently: Barry didn't even show up until the mid-point of that saga and even then he was a total clown who only beat Ash once.

The idea that all three of the revealed Gen 8 rivals would have a large role in ShSw is what I find unlikely since there have been plenty of times when the writers have snubbed game rival characters completely in the main series (Silver, Hugh) or demoted them to minor roles (Cheren). Even rivals like Tierno and Hau were overshadowed by other rivals like Alain and Gladion (and one of these guys wasn't even a game rival). I'm not saying that all three Galar rivals won't show up at some point in ShSw; I just don't see why we should expect all three of them to be handled the same way as major rivals.

To each their own. I thought Barry was handled fine and worked well as a secondary rival and a nice contrast with Paul.

"Rotom, what happened to you?"

View attachment 122509
"Rotom, what happened to you?"
That's Rotom for the Pokemon Center PC who does Job hirings and Loto.

Also back to Pikaclones in the anime. So far we have...

Pachirisu (Dawn - Female Trainer)
Emolga (Iris - Gym Leader)
Dedenne (Bonnie - Young Sibling to Clemont)
Togedemoru (Sophocles - Trial Captain/Student)

So next time would either be Female Trainer (Gloria) or Gym Leader (Bea)? What do you think.

At least we now know what the Nurse Joys in Galar will look like, and would resemble the Victorian/30s style nurses. No doubt what Officer Jenny will look like. Probably be the usual blue bit with checkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom