• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had thought about watching Sun and Moon but decided to skip it (Didn't really like the way they changed the look of Ash) and considering watching this new one. I wonder if Ash will go back to his old previous look like in X & Y.

I had thought about watching Sun and Moon but decided to skip it (Didn't really like the way they changed the look of Ash) and considering watching this new one. I wonder if Ash will go back to his old previous look like in X & Y.

Many say Ash returned to this G1-4 takings after 5 so....

Also on the companions by having the electric rodent tied to her Marnie has risen in potential as a companion. See Dawn/Iris/Bonnie/Sophocles.

As much as I love Morpeko, I feel like if it joins the main cast, it's destined to be a joke character. The fact that the entire species is based on being 'hangry' just screams gagmon. It doesn't help that pretty much all of the other Pikaclones on the main cast were more on the comedic side. It's not a horrible thing, just a tad bit disappointing if it ends up happening.

Marnie is going to be a companion 100% also...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-08 at 1.25.19 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-08 at 1.25.19 PM.png
    157.4 KB · Views: 65
And Kiawe was never a rival in the games too begin with.
People are thinking that Marnie would be a companion because she has a Morpeko. Well, what if Gloria or Bea got a Morpeko and would have a rivalry with Marnie's, similar to Pikachu's rivalry with Raichu.

Marnie is going to be a companion 100% also...

I highly doubt it. I think she'll definitely be one of the Rivals though, because, you know...Team Yell...

I’m from the north of England, from the area where Nessa’s Gym is, so I know where many of the locations, or equivalents are geographically.

Do you think it's possible that the city in the northwest of Galar with the mushrooms could be based on Stratford-upon-Avon? (I'm not too familiar with the layout of England myself)

Because I still can't shake the part of the leak that continues to be 95% correct that mentions that the fourth gym will be a Fairy-type gym led by an actress of sorts. And I think something like a Pokestar Studios but with Shakespeare-style plays for Trainers and their Pokémon would fit will in the context of "What could Gloria/the female companion do?". For all we know, SM093's school play might've been a subtle hint towards something like that, similar to how the London skyline in the Alolan Detective show did turn out to be a hint that the next region would be based on Britain.

Heck, maybe the female protagonist in the anime will turn out to be Opal herself (if she is in fact revealed to be real)! I mean, who would've guessed that Iris or Clemont would end up being traveling companions just going by the pre-release teasers of BW & XY?

The m
I highly doubt it. I think she'll definitely be one of the Rivals though, because, you know...Team Yell...

Do you think it's possible that the city in the northwest of Galar with the mushrooms could be based on Stratford-upon-Avon? (I'm not too familiar with the layout of England myself)

Because I still can't shake the part of the leak that continues to be 95% correct that mentions that the fourth gym will be a Fairy-type gym led by an actress of sorts. And I think something like a Pokestar Studios but with Shakespeare-style plays for Trainers and their Pokémon would fit will in the context of "What could Gloria/the female companion do?". For all we know, SM093's school play might've been a subtle hint towards something like that, similar to how the London skyline in the Alolan Detective show did turn out to be a hint that the next region would be based on Britain.

Heck, maybe the female protagonist in the anime will turn out to be Opal herself (if she is in fact revealed to be real)! I mean, who would've guessed that Iris or Clemont would end up being traveling companions just going by the pre-release teasers of BW & XY?

Please put the leak in a spoiler insert unless you want to be blocked!

You mean southeast, because the map is flipped upside down, and no, the mushroom forest is Sherwood Forest, so I'm expecting the Fairy Type Gym Leader being an expert on Archery with a Robin Hood theme. If not, then that's an opportunity wasted.

Iris was already hinted from a leaked character model sheet a while ago, and I think Clemont was clearly shown with the other Gym Leaders. Same for the Trial Captains, even though Mallow was shown in Incineroar's leaked reference sheet. It's easy to point out who could be Ash's companion. If we aught to find who's Ash's companion, we would've probably seen him/her by now.

But anyway, we won't know until September when it'll be shown.

Since Meltan and Melmetal was a thing from Pokemon Go to the Sun and Moon anime, perhaps we'll get something similar from Pokemon Masters into the Sword and Shield anime.

Last edited:
Please put the leak in a spoiler insert unless you want to be blocked!

My bad. I thought it would be okay because that part of the leak still hasn’t been confirmed, so my post was intended to be mostly speculation. And given that Shakespeare is one of the things England is most known for I think it’d be a huge missed opportunity if they didn’t include PokePlays in some form or another (even if it’s an anime-exclusive feature like Pokémon Showcases in XY).

An archer-themed Fairy type gym leader would be pretty cool, although the whole Robin Hood concept was already kind of done with Decidueye.

SM changed Lillie's Arc, they made Gladion have no relation with Team Skull, Aether Foundation arc was completely different, and Guzma and Hau were introduced late into the series. The Anime also changed some backstories, what is to say that they won't do that in SwSh? Like some critics are pointing out, Team Yell seems like a Team Skull 2.0, Marnie seems like a Gladion 2.0, Galar Forms seem like Alola Forms 2.0, Hop seems like a Hau 2.0, in fact the game itself seems to be the same as Sun and Moon except for there being Gyms. Heck we may even get an Aether Foundation 2.0. If this is too much for Fujisaku and co to handle ( most likely ) then I'm worried.

SM changed Lillie's Arc, they made Gladion have no relation with Team Skull, Aether Foundation arc was completely different, and Guzma and Hau were introduced late into the series. The Anime also changed some backstories, what is to say that they won't do that in SwSh? Like some critics are pointing out, Team Yell seems like a Team Skull 2.0, Marnie seems like a Gladion 2.0, Galar Forms seem like Alola Forms 2.0, Hop seems like a Hau 2.0, in fact the game itself seems to be the same as Sun and Moon except for there being Gyms. Heck we may even get an Aether Foundation 2.0. If this is too much for Fujisaku and co to handle ( most likely ) then I'm worried.
Yeah I see what you mean, it's obvious that they've found the very thing what works for them and would try and stay that position since Gen 7. I'm hoping and sure SwSh's anime would not be Sun and Moon 2.0. I'm sure it won't.

At least we now know what the Nurse Joys in Galar will look like, and would resemble the Victorian/30s style nurses. No doubt what Officer Jenny will look like. Probably be the usual blue bit with checkers.

I just hope the Jenny's don't do something along the lines of Hello, hello, hello. What have we here?

Yeah I see what you mean, it's obvious that they've found the very thing what works for them and would try and stay that position since Gen 7. I'm hoping and sure SwSh's anime would not be Sun and Moon 2.0. I'm sure it won't.
All I'm saying is don't expect characters to have the same backstories they have in the games only to get let down by the anime.

All I'm saying is don't expect characters to have the same backstories they have in the games only to get let down by the anime.
Perhaps because the creators of the anime are trying hard not to repeat the old formula that flopped after XY. But then you could easily blame that on the Yo-kai Watch fad that sprang up in Japan at the same time.

Perhaps because the creators of the anime are trying hard not to repeat the old formula that flopped after XY. But then you could easily blame that on the Yo-kai Watch fad that sprang up in Japan at the same time.

I don't think the creators really care about the anime flopping. They make what they feel like according to the director, with merchandise selling they have no pressure to deliver no matter how much fans rage.

and now yokai watch is basically dead

Since Gen 7

I don't think the creators really care about the anime flopping. They make what they feel like according to the director, with merchandise selling they have no pressure to deliver no matter how much fans rage.

I'm sure they will go back to basics and not be like Sun and Moon again. Sun and Moon's plot was changed because of it's premise not centered around the usual formula as the past 6 Gens. It was a break arc. Now we are going to get their feet deep again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom