• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Gen 7

I'm sure they will go back to basics and not be like Sun and Moon again. Sun and Moon's plot was changed because of it's premise not centered around the usual formula as the past 6 Gens. It was a break arc. Now we are going to get their feet deep again.
That was not my point but okay...

Morpeko aka that Pikachu that looks like an Oreo cookie will probably belong to a cast member. Personally, I'd like the female character not Marnie to have it since I prefer when the female characters wind up with Pikachu clones since they usually get more screentime then.

Last edited:
You know guys, with all these new information we get with the new upcoming games, it is for me more harder to believe that the next anime will take itself seriously again like it did in X&Y.

1. The new gameplay gimmick lets the Pokemon grow bigger.
  2. A lot of the human characters like Milo and Allister have more funny looking designs.
  3. A lot of the Pokémon new and old look more laidback or funny. I mean, we have a Weezing with a top hat in this game.
  4. And then we have Team Yell who are a group of hooligans.

I don't think we will go back to the more serious tone back that X&Y had. I think the max. would be the tone of AG and D&P.

Its possible, depends on what her main Pokemon is in the games as Morpeko is currently her only known Pokemon

From the Pokemon Website: Marnie is one of your rivals who has a competitive side. Together with her partner Morpeko she aims to become the Champion of the Galar region in order to accomplish a certain goal.
Morpeko is her main Pokemon.

I feel as if they might do an XY in terms of Ash's clothes and completely do a new set exclusive to the anime instead of using the game costume.

From the Pokemon Website: Marnie is one of your rivals who has a competitive side. Together with her partner Morpeko she aims to become the Champion of the Galar region in order to accomplish a certain goal.
And the Female Companion's Morpeko's rival.

Something I wasn't fully aware of until now

And the Female Companion's Morpeko's rival.

So the main rival and companion have the same Pokemon, first time in ages and first proper if they keep appearing

Ratings between XY and SM aren't as drastically differnet as people think. They were generally on par with each other, at least until that time slot swap up Pokemon (and Naruto's son) did after the Necrozma arc.

Just out of interest, how do the ratings look

I don't have a general number, but the ratings at the start of XY were noted to be a bit low, but I was under the understanding they somewhat normalized as Decolour fatigue left. The XY-SM ratings were about the same until the swap up, after which they dropped.

I'm not the big guy about this in my friend group, that's a guy named Viroro I do Reset Bloodlines with.

Ratings talk

Image result for not this again gif

The new gameplay gimmick lets the Pokemon grow bigger.

I mean we've seen this before plenty of times as far back as early Kanto, so I'm not sure why that gimmick should mean that the ShSw saga might be more laid-back or funny. I mean it very well could be, but I don't take Gigantamax as foreshadowing for that.

Image result for not this again gif

I mean we've seen this before plenty of times as far back as early Kanto, so I'm not sure why that gimmick should mean that the ShSw saga might be more laid-back or funny. I mean it very well could be, but I don't take Gigantamax as foreshadowing for that.
It wasn't just the XY anime that was low in the ratings, but also the movies. The Hoopa one was low rated from what I've heard. The anime crew are clearly trying to find a new formula that will work, and now they have. Let's just hope they give SwSh justice.

It wasn't just the XY anime that was low in the ratings, but also the movies. The Hoopa one was low rated from what I've heard. The anime crew are clearly trying to find a new formula that will work, and now they have. Let's just hope they give SwSh justice.

The movies certainly struggled, and they changed up.
However the anime itself.....well said friend can get some rants about that for more than just his general dislike of SM in general.

The movies certainly struggled, and they changed up.
However the anime itself.....well said friend can get some rants about that for more than just his general dislike of SM in general.
I honestly have no problem with SM being a slice of life, nor animation, since this is based in a region that's yet to have a Pokemon League. I'm only hoping they don't carry too much into SwSh though.

You know guys, with all these new information we get with the new upcoming games, it is for me more harder to believe that the next anime will take itself seriously again like it did in X&Y.

1. The new gameplay gimmick lets the Pokemon grow bigger.
  2. A lot of the human characters like Milo and Allister have more funny looking designs.
  3. A lot of the Pokémon new and old look more laidback or funny. I mean, we have a Weezing with a top hat in this game.
  4. And then we have Team Yell who are a group of hooligans.
I don't think we will go back to the more serious tone back that X&Y had. I think the max. would be the tone of AG and D&P.

I consider DP to be more serious and darker than XY. Also many of those arguments don't even make sense. Pokemon looks goofy? Can be said about pretty much any generation. Milo and Allister look more funny? Well Korrina and Clemont did also. Team Yell are indead more goofier than Team Flare, but XY's rivals were instead the goofy ones while the SS rivals are the more serious ones and speaking of them, they also seem to be more "darker" than regular rivals. And Pokemon growing bigger...I don't know what you even mean with that.

I consider DP to be more serious and darker than XY. Also many of those arguments don't even make sense. Pokemon looks goofy? Can be said about pretty much any generation. Milo and Allister look more funny? Well Korrina and Clemont did also. Team Yell are indead more goofier than Team Flare, but XY's rivals were instead the goofy ones while the SS rivals are the more serious ones and speaking of them, they also seem to be more "darker" than regular rivals. And Pokemon growing bigger...I don't know what you even mean with that.
Looks to me like SwSh will be a mix of SM and DP, rather than anything to do with XY.

I honestly have no problem with SM being a slice of life, nor animation, since this is based in a region that's yet to have a Pokemon League. I'm only hoping they don't carry too much into SwSh though.

The animation honestly boggles me: I'm still confused about the return of battle lines and how they returned.

I'd prefer the battle lines go away again in SWSH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom