• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A whole anime in CGI is also something I wouldn't want to watch. I'm not really used in seeing animes as CGI movies in general. If this would be really the case, I sadly have to drop the anime. There are some designs out there that work best in 2D and Pokémon is one of them. The Pokémon themselves would look okay, but the humans on the other hand loos so much better in 2D if you ask me.

So far, SwSh is starting to act like warm beer or Marmite, it's an acquired taste which I'm already feeling from the trailers alone. Either you love it or hate it, it's business at the end of the day.

Fun Fact: The real evil organisation is Team Freak. Very clever and subtle the whole time.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks Alister will be a companion? Dude's Bio Description says he's timid, shy, and lacks courage. Usually that is a quality one of Ash's Companions usually have.

I definietly do not want Allister on the main cast. It's been years since Ash has battled a ghost-type gym leader so I really don't want him traveling with Ash.

If they go with the gym companions again, I'd rather Bea so at least Ash would battle Allister.

I definietly do not want Allister on the main cast. It's been years since Ash has battled a ghost-type gym leader so I really don't want him traveling with Ash.

If they go with the gym companions again, I'd rather Bea so at least Ash would battle Allister.
At least he would be a new kind of companion, unlike Milo, who I think would be too similar to Brock and Cilan.

Agreed. Their might also be the thing that Allister is too creepy for a permanent role on the main cast, due to its mask.

I was saying that Allister doesn't need to always have his mask on. Also, the only other choice for a male companion that we know of is Milo, but I think that he might be too old.
Another problem is that Allister has a Mimikyu, so does Jessie, so that's out of the question.

Milo, I do not see him old, he's just got big muscles, that's it.

However, they could just not give him Mimikyu. After all, they didn't give Araquanid to Lana.
Or they could give him Sobble, if the series is just going to be a Sun and Moon 2.0

The series rose, it declined. Now it's rising again, when it's nothing but the bubble from it's decline that's about to burst.

Last edited:
Or they could give him Sobble, if the series is just going to be a Sun and Moon 2.0

The series rose, it declined. Now it's rising again, when it's nothing but the bubble from it's decline that's about to burst.

Sobble is the most popular at the moment (And if Ash doesn't get all three, he gets the most popular base stage). Considering the first Galar episode are already in production, i think Sobble is 100% gonna be Ash's starter (Or first starter). Especially since its a shy mon (Yes, it would fit Allister), Sobble fits Ash the most at the moment, since he can draw out its full potential with its confidence.

Sobble is the most popular at the moment (And if Ash doesn't get all three, he gets the most popular base stage). Considering the first Galar episode are already in production, i think Sobble is 100% gonna be Ash's starter (Or first starter). Especially since its a shy mon (Yes, it would fit Allister), Sobble fits Ash the most at the moment, since he can draw out its full potential with its confidence.
However, suiting a character doesn't mean anything, as Ash has gotten many Pokemon over the years that people claim does not suit him. Also, it is opinion based, and what you think suits a character might not match up with what the anime writers think.

However, suiting a character doesn't mean anything, as Ash has gotten many Pokemon over the years that people claim does not suit him. Also, it is opinion based, and what you think suits a character might not match up with what the anime writers think.

Sure, but i am talking about the starters specifically, since i think they are a different case than 'normal' mons.

Scorbunny too. As for Grookey being curious, it does sound like Ash, or it could be given to the other two cast. Mostly the female cast.

The last thing we want is another BW, which I'm afraid we've already jinxed of possibility.

I'm kinda hoping that Marnie becomes a primary rival for Ash. He's never had a female rival before, and Team Yell constantly bugging Ash when he battles Marnie would be great. Like Ash has to find a way to deal with her obnoxious fans constantly trying to distract him by yelling out insults and stuff.

I think Scorbunny will be the gag starter, who can't stop running when he starts, which makes for a fun mechanic in battle.
I think that the gag starter is more likely to be Sobble, as I can see them playing up its cowardice for the sake of gags. I think that Scorbunny will be more like Chimchar or Froakie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom